Is a Long LD a Bad Thing?

I woke up this morning from a very fun LD, but i had a problem. It was so long that i didn’t remember how I became lucid in the first place, and i don’t remember what i did for the first half of it. I know I’ve heard people say that when you do something important you should wake yourself up so that you don’t forget it… but I was having too much fun :content: . So, is it bad for something like this to happen? and has this ever happened to anybody else?

Id be stoked for a long ld

you do not like not remembering, yeaH?

exactly. i like having long LD’s, but i don’t like how i can’t remember the first half of them.

I would suggest you work on your general dream recall. There is a big Remembering Dreams topic in the stuff dreams are made of forum.
May be if you keep telling yourself "I WILL remember ‘this’ " while in the LD it would help :content:

It seems the only problem is that your “staying in a LD” abilities are passing your “remember LD” abilities. :wink:

So, as moogle said, I also suggest you focus on dream recall.

Very good job on the long LD! :mrgreen_hat:

And I think you should just mostly work on your dream recall like some of the others suggested.

Maybe while you’re in the LD you can try thinking back on what you did while you’re still dreaming?

I don’t know, haha, just a thought :tongue:

~Namine<3

i like that idea of backtracking while in the dream. sounds like it could work nicely. and as far as recall of ND’s goes… I’m too lazy to do anything besides keep a journal. hahaha.