I can't control the elements.

So, I had another LD, but I couldn’t control the elements (Like a certain Nickelodeon character from a show :wink: ) But its weird because I can teleport and even make new worlds by just thinking it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Moved from Quest For Lucidity. :dragon:

ive had the same problem in all my LDs ive had so far. Ive tried setting things on fire and shooting beams of energy from my hands but after a few failed attempts i just move on to something else. =[[

It’s all in your mind, just know you can

Usually the harder you try the worse it works. If you can “imagine” or “feel” what you want you most likely wont have any problem doing what you want to do. And I’ve noticed that using tricks can work very well. If I want to change something I just move my hand infront of it and imagine what I want and it changes but since I move my hand over it it doesn’t actually change right infront of my eyes and that seems to help the brain to accept it.

And I’ve never been that lucky with controlling living things like people. Since they have a mind of their own they can resist it usually.

Try to think up a trick or method to it. For fire, I snap my fingers. Then BOOM the nearest thing is up in flames. For lightning, I kind of flex my fingers as though electricity is running through them. And then it is. Think of it like spellcasting, you can’t actually do it until you get the proper motion going. This seems to be easier to accept than just making it happen.

I’ll try this next time I get an LD.

it also might be helpful to cheat it a little bit! If you want to make fire… then pull out a flamethrower! (although this will not allow you to randomly make things explode…)