Hitting the Ground

I was just wondering if when any of you guys have a dream in which you’re falling do you ever hit the ground? I only ask because I’ve heard you’re always supposed to wake up before you hit the ground but I always hit the ground. Just wondering if I’m the only one.

hrms, can’t say that I’ve ever hit the ground. Usually when I am falling it’s because I just jumped off a cliff, building, tower etc with the intention of free-falling for a bit, then spreading wings, and soaring off into the distance.

But usually, when I near the ground I tend to wake up before actually reaching it.

So when you’re falling is this something that happens randomly that you have no control over or are you consciously trying to fall?

I don’t usually have dreams where I’m falling for no reason, but I don’t jump off of cliffs in my dreams either. It’ll usually be something like I get on my trampoline and just bounce super high and then falling back down I miss the trampoline and fall flat onto the hard ground. It’s pretty scary when it’s happening but those are my favorite dreams when I wake up. I always try to brace myself and somehow try to soften my landing but then my DCs are freaking out saying are you alright but I just stand up and walk away.

i never fall in my dreams. Thank you for making me concious about that :happy: Now i can pay more attention to falling :razz:

It no longer happens to me, but when I was little I dreamed of just staring the floor from a high place for hours and then for no reason just suddenly fall and slam the floor very hard. It doesn’t hurt at all, but the hit can be quite shocking. And then I don’t wake up, I just was a few more hours lying in the floor and then the dream ended.

Is it anti-climatic for you too? I mean, I jumped off high places in the past (5 metres to 2000) in dreams, but always when I hit the ground, nothing special happens, I am not smashed or anything.

Yeah, last night I just had another falling dream. I was trying to jump roof-to-roof from across these 3 story houses but I tried doing it at the edge instead of at the center so I tripped and fell into the backyard, trying to brace for impact, I landed on my back. I have these fairly regularly, a few a year or so. They’re definitely the coolest dreams I have but I don’t know why most people don’t hit the ground.

i’ve fallen but never hit. odd.

I think I read up that if you jump off a really high object and hit the ground you have a chance on leaving your body OBE style.

I have a lot of dreams about falling since I’m afraid of heights :sad: And I pretty much always wake up before I hit the ground but I’ve had times when I’ve hit the ground before waking up. Usually I’m just so scared of falling that I wake up while falling. Luckily I’m not scared of heights any more in LDs :woo:

I used to have falling dreams (well, nightmares)
I hit the ground, feel all warm, and then wake up.
I loved the freefall, even though i thought i was going to die.

Well I was flying a bit too high this morning and was scared I was going to enter space. So I was having trouble lowering because I was going wicked fast. So I just stopped all flight powers and attempted to free fall. Before I started falling I thought about this topic and wondered if it would hurt, but from that high up I was certain it would. I fell into a shallow stream wicked fast but I felt nothing, just a warm little tingle.

I’ve hit the ground several times from falling. I don’t I’ve ever woken up right before I hit, although I have on occasion frozen the dream world, giving me time to wake up or think of a way out before I hit. 2 out of 3 times it hurts when I land. After that, I either:

A. wake up in pain, or
B. awaken in a new dream (or sometimes a ghost in the old dream)

Last time I jumped out of the window(I was running away from people who discovered that i’m a LD-er and prolly wanted to kill me :happy: ) and when I hit the ground with my knee, I was suprised that it actually did hurt.

I’ve only hit once or twice that I can remember—I usually freak out and wake up just as I’m about to hit the ground. When I do, I usually get a weird vibration in my legs (presumably because I’m absorbing the shock from the fall; it sorta reminds me of the feedback from a game controller), and everything goes black. Gotta try this more in a LD (and not by accident :tongue: ).

I’ve fallen once and hit the ground once. And I lay there, splattered all over the pavement, in pain, as the Sith Lord’s blade seared through the remnants of my body.

:lol:
Just lying on the floor for hours? Must have been riveting. :tongue:

I often have dreams where I fall but float down to the ground at the end. Or at least land gently enough not to hurt myself. The only other occasion I can think of is one dream when I was little where I fell off an escalator, of all things. I never hit the ground then, and got very confused when I just kept falling, and falling, and falling… Usually, though, I land. Softly.

I have fallen to my death before in a ND. It didn’t wake me up, it didn’t hurt. The only thing I saw was black and could just hear my own thoughts and it eventually lead up to another dream after hitting the ground.

Once in a dream, I fell from a plane into a lake, and I hit my legs hard on the lakebed. It didn’t hurt, but I couldn’t move my legs for awhile. Falling is usually fun for me in dreams.