Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

What is LD for you? Why doing it?

Author  Message 
Spartan76092
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

My first LD was the best I ever had, I could do anything. And now, I keep trying to go back to that, trying to achieve that same goal, but everytime I fail.

I fail everytime because I think I have a mental block. I can't get around the fact even if I say I'm going to have a lucid dream how can I really control it? When you really think about it, you can't control it, you just get lucky. (At least for me)

So now I'm back at Square 1 again and it goes in a cycle over and over, and I can't figure out how to get out of the never ending cycle. I just have a lucid dream, get okay at having one, then fail, and start over again, and it never ends.

I post on these forums to find the perfect, ideal, way to lucid dream, the perfect technique, when really there isn't.

I do believe that your dreams can be benefical beyond what we might think.

I want to have someone teach me to lucid dream and I want to be able to have one without even trying.

I don't know what I'm waiting for, I just can't figure out how you have a lucid dream when really I don't have any control at all.

The problem is that I need to have a lucid dream first, and then remember to get someone to teach me, but I can't get someone to teach me without having a lucid dream.

So that is why I want to Lucid Dream, I want to have someone teach me to perfect it and be able to have one every night and achieve more out of my dreams.

Gaius
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 18 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I still have yet to get a good LD, but I do know why I want to have them.

1. The idea of a separate "reality" that I have a level of control over. Just to play around, do anything I can't do IRL, and not worry about breaking anything or upsetting anyone. Just a free world to roam around. This is the most important one to me because I always feel so limited by real-world restrictions. I don't have major plans to commit crimes or anything, but the boundaries of time and physics are too stiff.

2. Learning. I hope to be able to speak to DCs once I start having LDs, and perhaps learn things about myself. I don't have any major phobias to conquer, but maybe a conversation with my subconscious would be interesting even without fears involved.

3. What else am I to do in my sleep? I have five to ten hours spent every day, laying in bed unconscious. That's too much time to be doing nothing. If people only slept for ten minutes I wouldn't be half as excited, but since a third of the average human's life is spent wasting time asleep, I decided to put it to use.

4. There are little to no requirements IRL. No coaching lessons, no boot camp training, no special drugs or surgeries to make you better at it. If you have the motivation to, anyone can become more skilled at LD induction by themselves.

TheR
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

freedom

Fabrício
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Yeah, sure!

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Well. I think dreamworld is a parallel reality where I can find answers for the million of questions about life that I have. Need to be lucid for that.

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
cookie lover
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d
Location: Universe............. Favorite Animal: Mew....... Nightmare count: 4

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Even though i haven't had a LD yet, I think it's really fun! (it sounds really fun anyways)

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com

print