Rude Awakenings - Take it from a Bedwetter

Dream bathrooms are dangerous.

As a precautionary measure, do an RC whenever entering a bathroom! Better safe than sorry!

Lol well i guess i lucked out in this case. But its bad for me too. For example if i really have to go in RL i’ll have a dream how i’ll actually run to a bathroom and go, but no matter how much i go, i still have to go. hehe, thats a lot of “go’s”. Yeah thats not fun.

What if you do an RC and it fails :eek:

I guess I am lucky in this case, pee dreams don’t make me do a Sonia, but on the rare occasions I do have a full bladder in bed I end up just having sex dreams instead. :tongue:

Although if I wake up with a full bladder and it’s only an hour or two before I have to get up I will go back to sleep and use the feeling of the full bladder to trigger lucidity. Having a full bladder keeps me in a very light sleep, I am often aware of my physical body while in the dream.

[size=9]Hmm… I wonder if I could get “Do a Sonia” added to the dictionary.[/size]

One way I used to have rude awakening is that I used to have my name yelled very loudly that it would instantly wake me up. one day I hear it sofly with a females voice, usually its really loud and rude and that one time it was a female. But no one would be around to actually do that in reality. If someone might say it really was someone in my room or house doing it.

Another way is that I would feel as if someone hit me awake. I would feel like someone hit my body really hard and I would instantly wake up.

Anyone have these?

anyone have any experiences like mine to how i was awakin from sleep?

Oh I had the name thing happen, once it happened when I could swear I was still awake too.

Or I’ve woken up and heard right next to me, “Shh you’ll wake him” It’s very freaky, some people would put it off to spirit others would say it was some form of HI. Strangely enough I would have been about 13 at the time too.

:happy: You know, in my browser I can read the size one text without copy pasting. :wink:

DAS — The condition in which someone wets the bed. :tongue:

I thought I would add that last night I had a dream where I was running to catch a train and then all the sudden it felt like I was wetting myself. I wake up thinking I wet the bed, when it turns out to be a different kind of “wet” surprise. Didn’t expect that at all…

You mean a hypnic jerk?

anyone ever seen phantom of the opera? :tongue: this has a point, i swear…

well, i’ll have a dream where christine is doing the vocalizing at the end of the title song, and when she gets to the last note, it suddenly gets really loud, and i wake up all sweaty and out of breath, like i had just had a nightmare…

i wet the bed until i was ten, and i would have dreams where i was painting my bathroom, usually a really dark red or purple…
:confused:
well, it has to do with bathrooms.

I’m surprised something like this has made it onto a forum. So… within the past two weeks… I’ve done 1 and 3.

wake up like inmediatly, even if you’re about to go lucid…
I was having this amazing dream, and told some DC’s ‘brb bathroom’ (ND). I woke up with my whole pants and bed wet. Ugh D:.

Allow me to take this opportunity to laugh hysterically at you. :tongue:

I used to have bathroom dreams all the time, can’t say I ever wet the bed though.

i did wet my bed once(okeay okay… twice!) when went to the bathroom in my dreams but that was when i was about 5-8 years old.

i hate going to the bathroom in dreams cuz there are always ppl watching…

Fortunately I’ve never had to deal with wetting the bed, but I have had to go to the bathroom in dreams. Usually I’ll end up in a giant bathroom or something, then I let loose in the dream. After a while I notice that no matter how long I pee in the dream, the urge doesn’t go away. That’s when I usually realize I’m dreaming and wake up to go to the bathroom for real (and waste a perfectly good LD opportunity).

On the other hand, I have had to deal with other rude awakenings. Waking up in pain because I rolled off the bed and hit the floor comes to mind. I’ve also managed to carry on a conversation in RL from a dream state. When I woke up from that, my mom had a few questions for me, like why I kept calling her “dude”.

One time I actually woke up in a different bed than I started in. That one’s still a mystery to me. :eek:

One time I woke up and I was hanging off of my bead with only my an arem and a leg

I’ve had several of these “bathroom” dreams, but I’ve never actually wet the bed. Usually I’ll pee in my dream, but then I’ll still feel like I have to pee, and I’ll get so confused that I wake up. Either that, or I try to pee in my dream but it doesn’t work. I know I have to pee, but nothing happens. And then I wake up.

I get loads of these too - but I’ve stopped disliking them now, since I’ve become lucid in them twice now and they seem to be an easy dream sign to recognise.

I’ve never had a rough awakening because of a dream but once my brother dropped his cat on me while I was in the middle of a dream. Completely ruined my DR that morning :wallhit:

Speaking of cats, I’ve woken up in pain a couple times because of a new kitten at my house. The kitten had a habit of jumping on my bed at night, and my eyelashes happen to be fairly long. You know how your eyelids twitch during REM sleep? And you know what cats (especially kittens) do to long, thin, moving objects?

That’s right, I woke up twice with a kitten attached to my eyelids. After the second time I kept my door shut at night.