Isn't this something (Caffeine aiding getting lucid?)

Caffeine
Caffeine makes you stay awake, wich is in coca cola and coffee,
Yesterday night, I drunk 1 full plastic bottle of coca cola,
and that night I was Lucid!

Maybe this stay awake thing is usefull for being lucid?
Since you are much more awake but you are sleeping…

I think, Try it?
I’ll try it again too, but I don’t have cola anymore xD

Moved from Quest For Lucidity appended “(Caffeine aiding getting lucid?)” to the topic title for clarification. :dragon:

Last time I had caffeine I was awake until 1 or 2. No way I’m doing that again.

I haven’t tried it, but I’ve read it’s good because it keeps your mind awake, but your body stays relaxed.

Try this with WBTB?? :tongue:

Sounds like a good idea. I’ll try it sometime.

I once took a spoonful of B vitamin mixture since i had heard that B vitamins help sleep and dreams. What i didn’t read, was that the mixture contained caffeine. I spent the night staring at the ceiling. :roll:

On the other hand, when i am extremely sleepy, things that lightly disturb sleep can help with WILD. Music, for example, prolongs the HI phase because it is a distraction. I have also had lucid dreams after drinking cola on a long train ride, but REM rebound after the half sleep on the train could also explain it.

its kind of risky

being awake from caffeine and wanting to sleep sucks

if you take some tea

and you sit and try to stay awake, and don’t drink any until you are dozing off, you can balance yourself in weird states of halfawake/halfasleep mind and then you’ll get super tired about to really fall asleep

but you have to know what you are doing.

really its not that useful.

I can’t have caffeine before bed… I already take a prescription medication (it’s for ADHD, and it’s a stimulant), so if I add more than maybe one serving of caffeine to that in a day, it makes me all shaky and gives me a really rapid heartbeat. Not fun. But just one little serving of caffeine right before bed will keep me up all night. And that’s DEFINITELY not fun.

Although, I can see how it may be a helpful lucidity technique to those of us who aren’t so sensitive to the drug. Something that keeps your mind awake… I think I’ll just stick to B-vitamins, myself. :content: