Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Going through mirrors

Author  Message 
Spartan76092
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 26 Jan, 2008  Reply with quote

I've only gone through a mirror once, but when I did I ended up on my side, like I was sleeping, and I was trapped in this white box, and then I guess all the sides enclosed or something, it was kinda like a feeling of glass shards coming at me, but it didn't hurt, but I couldn't see the glass shards, and I was randomly transported somewhere else afterward. Very hard to explain. You'd have to be there

Zaph
LD count: Have had 5-6!

PostPosted: Sun 17 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

I had a lucid dream yesterday morn, and I remembered to try and walk through a mirror! Somehow I couldn't immediately conjure up a mirror coz I felt like I'd wake up if I tried too hard and tried to go through a shiny floor tounge2 but then the mirror appeared on a wall as I had intended. I first put my hand through it and when it went through, I walked through it. As I was crossing the mirror, I saw myself change. My skin turned purple and decayed. On the other side was a room. An empty, damp, mouldy, dirty, dark room. It was creepy.

Suddenly I felt scared that if I wake up while on the other side, real life would be like that room! So I felt like walking right back, but didn't. I walked around the room but soon found another mirror, so I went back and woke up immediately.

It was an eerie experience!

Termal
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Termal has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I have some experience with mirrors. At LC there is few mirrors and when i want to go to LC I am going through mirror or doors.

Ebil_Score
opposite = underscore
Somniologist
LD count: 1Long/2Short

Byakugan wrote:
I'm going to try this out....
once I have my first LD! Gah!

You and me both.
I can't wait for an LD - when I think about it, it's so simple. I know that I control myself in my dreams, and that i'm aware of it, but when I wake up, I think: "OH DAMN! Why didn't I RC?", and get a bit annoyed. I can't wait to control everything in my own little universe :D

velvet
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2 Lucid dream

PostPosted: Mon 18 Feb, 2008  Reply with quote

I been reading that mirrors are some kind of portal. I'm also trying to become lucid so I can have an OBE and jumping through a mirror is a great way to do it. mirror

Ebilshrimp
Hidden Dragon
Astral Explorer
Ebilshrimp has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 31

i've never thought about going through a mirror before though the way people have described the feeling i don't think i'd want to overspannen

Current LD goal(s): Reunite with my Companion Barrel.
Luminary
Dreaming the Life
Astral Explorer
Luminary has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Quite a Few

Zaph wrote:
As I was crossing the mirror, I saw myself change. My skin turned purple and decayed. On the other side was a room. An empty, damp, mouldy, dirty, dark room. It was creepy.

Suddenly I felt scared that if I wake up while on the other side, real life would be like that room!

That is absolutely why I wouldn't do it. I read a lot of horror novels when I was younger and I really like supernatural programmes and films but far too many of them use mirror imagery as a catalyst for 'the scary bit'. There's one book, I think it's by James Herbert called Mirror where there was a whole other universe behind them, strangely paralleling our own. Ah,No, couldn't do it. I don't fancy dieing of a heartattack in my sleep thankyou very much. scared

Current LD goal(s): To Travel in the Tarot Realm and Gatelands
xXLDloverXx
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 50+LD's

PostPosted: Fri 09 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I had lots of ld's before with mirrors but was too scared to go through them. even looking at them wud freek me out cus it would show me but something moving in the background sometimes. a few nights ago i looked in a mirror while lucid but it just showd myself normally so i decided to just stick my hand through it. i put one finger on it but it was solid. i tried putting my whole hand into it but it was solid only for a wierd estatic feeling all over the mirror, and around a centimetre of wierd tinsel that i cud put my hand through but not the mirror. wierd lol

TimeLess
Timeless Dreamer
cookie lover
TimeLess has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Fri 09 May, 2008  Reply with quote

I have had some amazing experiences from doing this thanks to Q's input. Going through mirrors the first time didnt work but my reflection talked to me, a few other times it has felt like moving through tingles and water and the last time i melded with the mirror it waas like jelly and then like the old show sliders when you go through a portal, i usally end up in a black void and wake up or in another place all together sometimes with lucidity sometime with out interesting

Current LD goal(s): regain my nightly and focus on astral
al
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jun, 2008  Reply with quote

Going through mirrors in lucid dreams is not a bad thing. I have been doing it in my lucid dreams since 1980. I figured if Alice could go through the looking glass and have such a positive experience (well, with a few iffy moments), so could I.

Sherlockin
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 12

Through the mirror
PostPosted: Tue 29 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Last night i had a lucid dream :D Hoorah, as my last one had been on July 16th.
Anyhoo, i had forgotten my intentions, but i was randomly levitating around, and i saw a mirror which reminded me that I've always wanted to go through one.
So i sorta ran up to it and pushed myself through it.
It was kind of cold and it was swirly and silver around me. Like moving through a metallic gel. Anyway this options things popped up and it gave me the option of what room i would like to go to. This was a surprise, and i picked Lion Cavern... but that is another story. ^^ Anyway!
My question is:

What was it like for you to go through a mirror? Did you get a selection on where you wanted to go? Did you find it hard to get through?

Just wondering.. xx

Current LD goal(s): Create LD bucket list
SRV
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I have just experienced the going through the mirror the 16th of July in a lucid dream and what I found behind looks like what you saw too : I enountered a thick and silver-coloured substance. This scared me a little and I went back into the room.

Dreamghost
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 20 + 1 pLD

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

I went o t thrrough a mirror in the internet, that wqas the end of the Ld bec. as i want to meet s.o by coming to his Hp i just saw pictures from Mario (i lost the lucidity)) and then my ┤mind was on a side of the hp able to create pictures from 3 Persons i know by walking through a lake, but this persons dont like e o. So i rememberd to meet him but it didnt work so I woked me from the dream bec. it was all black (if ya want you can read how i induced it etc. in my DJ)
^^

krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

For me, when I go through, it's like a soft surface that gives way. I only need to put my head through and not worry about the body. I just enter a black void and fall, usually with strong vibrations. If I'm lucky, a scene will start to form and I end up somewhere new.
he first time i tried it was not like that. Just before I went through, a DC told me I'd find nothing there but chocolate and celebrities, if I recall correctly. I came to a place with just brown all around, and weird collage like figures with celebrity faces were sort of dancing. If I recall correctly.

Sherlockin
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 12

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jul, 2008  Reply with quote

Cool. They are quite a strange way to travel :D

Current LD goal(s): Create LD bucket list

print