Can Lucid Dreaming make you psycic / increase your IQ?

I’ve never had a psycic dream. :tongue:

I’ve had 5 of them, although sometimes it’s difficult to tell whether it’s a psychic dream or just a dream. :shy:

Meditation helps :wink:

Everybody phycic and using lucid dreams to increase phycic power is something I’m really excited on experimenting on. Like a cheat code to by pass having to train your a** off. Yes I believe it is possible. Mainly because you are much more in control in your dreams. It is one of those unexplored areas of lucid dream, just like using LDing for out of body experiences. I myself am going to see what I can do with phycic and lucid dreaming

It’s an interesting topic, I myself have spent months trying to gain LD’s and Psychic dreams, with varied successes. I find that concentrated strongly on the subject that I wish to have a “vision” about, the possibility of such happening increases.

I do consider myself psychic :content:

I just need to rely on this little skill more in waking life itself. It would help me out a lot. :happy:

It takes a bit of concentration, meditation and focus, especially if one is trying to gain a psychic dream.

i hope it does. from what ur saying it sound slike it does. :smile:

Isn’t there any way to remove the phycic barrier you have in your waking life in your dream? At any rate your Intelligent won’t be increased but your ability to gain more intelligence will. Since your mind is more expanded your ability to understand is too.

No offense, but maybe you should lay off the video games a bit? I would be inclined to think lucid dreaming can increase your IQ, but not if all you dream about is fighting monsters and leveling up. You can get better at say playing guitar, but only if that’s what you choose to do while lucid. It just seems like every example you wrote about in that first post was about games. Maybe its not that your psychic, but that you just play these games so often that you have subconsciously learned about how long it takes to level even without checking your experience? I’ve done that lots of times - not to mention in FF games someone levels up around every ten minutes or so spent fighting. How many times did the characters level WITHOUT you predicting it? If the answer to that is more than fifty percent of the time its probably nothing . . .

I don’t know about becoming psychic, but lucid dreaming can definitely open your mind to new possibilities.

Thats not very nice :neutral:

If he likes playing his PS2 that much, there’s nothing anyone can do about it. :tongue:
To each his own…

Anyways, developing psychic powers can happen spontaneously by doing something without noticing it or simply by focusing your awareness on specific things or whatever… The point is that it can happen without you trying to get it.
Keep in mind, we are all “psychics”, that’s why it’s called supernormal powers etc…
They are all natural human abilities that we lose because of the society, the training and education we go through etc…
Our subconscious is the source to all of this. If we glanced at our mind’s full potential, we would be astounded. Your SC is of course easily capable of telling which hand your brother is holding and those kind of things and probably do much more than you can think of. So, heightening intuition and developing other psychic powers are first derived from tapping deeper into your own SC. You also need to balance and develop the chakras, perfect your physical and mental health, focus and more… All depends on what you’re trying to achieve. What you’re talking about is very simple indeed and almost any person who will simply meditate once a day will start feeling this way after a couple of weeks.
As to whether LDs can increase psychic powers and the IQ. LDs are adventures in which you are consciously exploring your own SC, so it connects you to yourself and gives you (if you use it correctly) a better view on yourself and your life, and that will of course, make you be more in tact and focused, which could result in an appearing increase in the IQ level and psychic powers. It’s very different for each person but the benefits are profound in any case, once you have mastered this ability of course.
Hope this helps
Cheers

Edit:
by the way Peridot, what do you call a psychic dream?

It is obvious you are the closest to your mind and inner workings when you lucid dream. Is it not to crazy that one can alter oneself this way? You see today’s arrogance has destroyed the natural ability to be phycic. Labels and biased ideas are just unnecessary complications. IQ is stupid, it doesn’t measure intelligence but mechanistic thinking. that’s why our world is ending, because people won’t let go of there system that makes them comfortable. It is pointless to say any of this, but hey I’m bored why not?

gotpsi.com/bi/gotpsi.htm

when you talk to anyone about this they will either amplify your confidence, leave you feeling neutral, or attempt to “prove” you “wrong”

notice how you talk about yourself, in your mind, intuition is powerful so we must build confidence in it.

now a lucid dream will not normally increase abilities unless one works within the lucid dream to activate the dream body and separate it from the physical, it is because the lucid dream world while containing tremendous information , is a state that you must first be (normally) completely unconscious to enter, and you can only enter sporadically , if one learns to enter this realm of consciousness at will, on demand, through any number of disciplines, then one will attain greater proficiency in knowledge.

Lucid dreaming and mysticism at all are for me the road, which I`ve been always looking for trough my 16-years life :smile:
I was always many-thinking man and some kind of amator philosopher :smile:

Today Im sure, than Ive reached some kind of height of intelligence/knowledge/ thinking skill. Thats because LDs, SPs and rest of my mystic experiences ;]
I havent tested my intuition, but I will one day :smile: and there are no any “superpowers”, than Ive discovered in myself from time, when I started with lds oobes and rest to today. Perhaps Ill find some, but not today :wink:

I didnt intend to come across mean! Sorry :bored: Thats why I started with no offense. I just believe that playing games and watching tv all the time can stunt your imagination, which would make it harder to LD. I read lots of ppl on here with difficulty having lucids, and there are a lot of ppl w/dream journals full dreams where they play Cloud Trigun Whatever . . . and practically NONE of there dreams are lucids. I’m not saying those two things are inexorably bound, but go and read up on this forum about ppl who spend lots of time meditating and whatnot - there success is nearly exponential to everyone else’s, and meditating is pretty much the mental opposite of video games. I view video games as stories that do all the thinking and imagination for you while you just sit back and push the buttons they tell you to push. Maybe I’m too passionate about it, IDK. Let’s just say I’m what you might call a ‘reader’, and by default I also consider myself a writer, which IMO takes 100 times the imagination needed to beat Final Fantasy 2000 or whatever they’re up to now. How can you have a sequel to a game labeled as ‘final’ anyway? . . .

would a pre-cog dream and a psychic dream be the same?

These abilities are not destroyed, just much harder to awaken.

The world was ending, now, if you’ll pay attention, you see an opposite process undergoing. and yes, that was indeed the reason. Times have changed and new time on this planet is beginning.

The important thing is to think this. That is much more powerful than saying it.

Eyelids. I like your post, especially the Morpheus quote :content:

Player07, very optimistic post, hope you’ll do better and better.

I doubt it. I used to play tons and tons of video games when I was younger. And I was having LDs without knowing what they were… And I have a very vivid imagination.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that video games are the reason.

Meditation is very helpful indeed, for lucid dreaming and anything at all really.
The fact that people who meditate regularly will have a much better success rate with LDing is undeniable and also, quite obvious.
I don’t know about calling video games the opposite of meditation.
If any, then it’s more like freaking out, panic attack maybe?
But that’s just being silly anyhow.
There are no opposites.
Everything in the universe is a configuration of the same thing .
Practically, there are no opposites. Darkness is not the opposite of light, it is a degree of light. Poverty is not the opposite of richness but a degree of it.

Although it is not accurate and your imagination can play a big part in games (depends on the individual), I can pretty much relate to that, especially when we’re talking about people who are addicted (let’s be honest, the vast majority is), and I have to admit that these days, I never play video games. Not because I think badly of them or anything like that but simply because I never want to… Lately, I never have a boring moment and Im always doing something truly important for myself, so playing video games is really not for me right now. And this is an ex junkie speaking. :lol:

I didn’t get that… reader, writer? what are you talking about.
Beating computer games usually doesn’t require any imagination, all you need is to care enough for it.
And you can have a sequel for a game labeled ‘final’ if you know people are gonna buy it… you know that

I don’t think a psychic dream is agreed to be anything too specific. I’m guessing any dreams that involve anything paranormal can be related to as psychic dreams.

cheers

I’ve noticed since I’ve taken up Lucid dreaming and acully had some LD’s, I’ve noticed that I have become more aware to things others are not. I’ve also noticed I can read into peoples body language, facial expressions and their voices better. Not a huge increase, but better then what it used to be.
Not necicarily “phychic”, but more aware or open minded.

being “psychic” is (literally) being aware.

Well of course, rev, a lot of what I said is exaggeration, what with the whole ‘opposites’ thing - I was just referring to the fact that when you’re playing a game you usually aren’t using your imagination to ‘make things up’ and you’re comlpetely focusing your attention on something outside yourself, while in meditation you are drawing yourself inward (according to most belief systems; of course some say that you are in fact opening yourself up to the whole universe, but I believe the two things are the same in some peculiar way).

And I myself have played lots of games in my time, I just got burnt out. Thinking back to all those sunny Saturdays I could have spent out side or doing something productive makes me sad. I remember how great I felt when I first beat FF7, but now looking back it barely had an affect on my life at all, except taking up my time. I didn’t learn anything from it . . .

About the reading and writing - I just meant that I really like to read, and by default I like to write. On the surface this is hardly any more productive that video games, but you have think about how much imagination it takes to completely envision a scene. I can envision a characters room from a book I read five years ago as clearly as I can my own room at home down to every detail (clothes draped on the back of a chair, little knick knacks all about the place), and that took years of reading to get the detail I see in my mind now. How much easier would it be to create your own dream scene if your mind was already trained on a subconscious level to creat complete mental environments?