Questions for experienced WILD'ers

I’ve tried searching this but I have yet to find what i’m looking for, this is for experienced WILD’ers. How long does the hypnagogic stage last? and Do you KNOW when your HI? I tried WILD, getting somewhere to where my body is tingling and I see sporadic flashes out of the corner of my eyes, but that’s it. for about an hour. input?

well im not that experienced but I know that not everyone
can see HI, or atleast without having done WILD a lot.
try it more and you might see better results
and hypnagogia is really from the moment when hallucinations occur
until you enter your dream

I think the length of HI can vary, depending on when in the night you get them…

HI can be very weak, I think, but they can also be very vivid. In my case, I usually KNOW it’s HI, no doubt.

Well i see at first when i close my eyes, what i would call “white noise” from my retinas. but after fifteen minutes, they begin to become more developed, like…idk how to describe it. the closest thing i can think of is a visualization for a music player, where it shows all the cool colors. im pretty sure this is HI, basic, but nonetheless. I guess my question is how long until you begin dreaming from the moment you see HI? How long from when you first close your eyes?

i havent goten to the ld yet through wild but i got very close, it took about 1h15min and i think if it would hvae lasted about 10 more mins i might have gotten to the ld

but like mattiasdavis said it can very and i knew it was an hi i was at also because it was very white and void of any color

bullet- why did you stop? just gt discouraged or what?

My first piece of advice is not to give up because you will get it eventually. How you WILD basically depends on how fast you fall asleep and how aware you are when you are trying to WILD. HI is any image in your head, if your deep into WILD you can see the images more clearly. You can also lie down so long and go so deep in your mind that you just reach body paralysis. You shouldn’t be concerned on how long things last, and you shouldn’t try to analyze things to much or you won’t be able to fall asleep. The tricky part is that you have to fall asleep, but your mind has to stay awake. Sometimes the stages can last a few minutes, sometimes longer, it all depends on how you do WILD. Just don’t be to awake, but not to asleep.

no for some reason my body just seems to wake up right before i am able to get to ld

I’ll bet not. I’ll bet that your body didn’t wake up at all. If you felt any type of shift or anything, you probably had a false awakening. Next time make sure by doing a reality check.

way ahead of you, i try an ld after every wild and they always tell me i am awake. but i am seeming to doute rc anway for a few reasons. i am going to make a post about it

https://community.ld4all.com/t/rcs-and-relibity/28974

its not about doing just one rc

its i’m dreaming, so i can fly, i can make cookie monster appear

i can levitate a rock,

its really using your mind to ascertain whether its a dream or not, not just doing one single rc, though they are good, and the nose pinch is essentially flawless.

pinching the nose shut and seeing if you can inhale thru it, and reminding yourself if you can, you are dreaming