Not new to LD

Greetings, firstly I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I am 29 now and I first learned about LDing probably 12-13 years ago when I first bought LaBerge’s book. Unfortunately I have not had a lot of success with LD, mainly due to my own laziness. I could not consistently keep a dream journal nor the other exercises to assist in achieving lucidity. I use to be able to recall 1-2 dreams per night with great detail but now I hardly remember them at all and most times just an impression of a dream that quickly fades as I wake up.

Well now I’m back again to give it another go. And this time I am not going to give up until I can generate LD’s at will. I have had a couple dreams where I became lucid and changed the direction of the dream but quickly lost awareness and it just became a ND.

There is one experience I would like to share with the community that happened to me sever years ago. I have read some stuff from Edgar Casey and this one particular piece of information he gave on dreams and sleeping is if a person was able to remain conscience while falling asleep they would actually feel like they where falling or floating down. Now I have experienced this a number of times generally when taking a nap in the middle of the day. I am lying down relaxing and start to fall asleep. As I start to drift and then I feel a falling sensation and often times I jerk myself awake because of that sensation. This one particular experience that I found interesting and has stuck with me was while lying down one afternoon I started to drift off. I was aware I was falling asleep and just went with it. As I was “falling” I was drifting through blackness and up through the darkness comes a creature, it looked something like fish from Finding Nemo when Marlin droped the mask into the deep dark part of the ocean, except without the light(this happened before the move was even conceived). This creature made to attack me causing me to awake. Anyone have any experiences like this?

Anyway, I am glad I found an active community to discuss and explore the world of lucid dreaming.

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Welcome Spacecowboy. :welcome:
Laziness is a problem for me too. Im not going to get anywhere unless i try.
But im glad you found this website, it will help you out a lot. Good Luck with your LDs! :content:

It’s probably HI! Your almost to that LD!
And :welcome: Spacecowboy!