Binaural beats rock!

My internet has been flaking out for a while :sad: Now I can finally post some dreams though. I found this interesting. I recalled 4 dreams in 1 night 2 nights ago. This is rare for me, and really I have been having a dry spell ever since school started. I even had another dream after going to sleep when I woke up 30 min before my alarm went off. When I was searching the forum I heard about something sbagen. I downloaded it and tried it, and also found this post:

I made a wav file from that and put it on my mp3 player. When I went to bed I listened to it and had good dream recall. Now here is the interesting part. My mp3 player would cut off about an hour after starting the binaural beats, which i think is good since these are delta waves, and not so helpful for REM sleep. Then I would wake up shortly after the beats cut off and remember a dream. Then I repeated the process, and despite all the times I woke up, I wasn’t tired in the morning.

Playing around with your brain waves and REM probably isn’t the best idea. You should only do this to help you learn to remember your dreams, but not something your dependent on.

Just curious. Why? Do you think I can actually get dependent on them? I did it again last night and remembered 4 dreams and 2 fragments. Have there been any studies or evidence that binaural beats are harmful or cause a dependency?
And I had been remembering an average of 1 a day until school started. Then I couldn’t remember any until I started using the beats.

It isn’t really that they could be harmful, but that it is much more beneficial to improve recall on your own. It is a good tool but I think It’s better to learn on your own. Oh and when I said “messing with REM” I wasn’t implying the binaural beats were harmful, I meant that waking up so many times a night will mess up your brains natural processes. And when I said dependency I meant that since you couldn’t learn yourself you would probably be using binaural beats forever.

lol sorry if I’m bagging on you

Just thought id say this. I just listened to the focus-10-a.sbg beat that ships with sbagen mixed with the river1.ogg sound file. It makes me feel WEIRD. I haven’t tried it while going to bed, but just playing it for literally 5 seconds while awake gave me a strange feeling. The purpose of that one is too keep the mind awake while the body sleeps. Good for WILD I’m guessing.

I must admit I disagree with your track, from what I see here are the problems.

One from my experience, Lucid dreams occour in THETA not DELTA. Delta is associated with deep sleep and very low rem ie if you dream at all it will be very slow and very very foggy. its also noted as a non rem dream.

by pink i presume you mean pink noise?

I notice that your track starts at very low delta then moves to low to high theta, should not you progress to delta then move back to theta? the chance of your brain entertaining at 5 minutes into delta is very low.

You need at least 6 minutes for the average person to get entertained, most of your tracks are less then this cause s short busts not and full entertainment.

Why do you use pink noise and not white noise or even brown?

I have been studying NLP and brain wave entertainment for some time,and although each to their own i am surprised at your track?

Try an experiemtent of low theta with short bursts of beta activity and then back to theta, this type of format has been shown to increase oobe and lucid dreams, deep delta will most likely keep your rem surpresesd for a period. I notice that you do not listen to this through out the night as well, are you planning just to have this type of entertainment for before bed and not repaeted? therefore it seems more like a relax track for HGH and sleep induction (although backwards) then a lucid dreaming track.

I would also suggest downloading NP2 for brain studio as they are a LOt eaiser to use then your program and also more effective, free for 30 days and very low cost to buy for what you get.

Would be isterested to hear your response.

Rich

umm… I didn’t make the track :happy:. Did you notice its a quote from another user. I found it digging through the forums, but I know I had much better dream recall listening to it. That doesn’t mean it made my dreams more vivid. I think the better recall comes from the fact that every time the track stopped I would wake up. I’m not sure how it works 100%… yet. I’m going to look into it. But thanks for the tips. I’ll try them out.

P.S. I was favoring sbagen because it runs natively on linux. I will try the other 1 in wine, and if I have to ill boot windows, but I would prefer not to