being shaken back to reality

okay. this has been happening since 2 weeks. Ever since i tried to get a LD. I lay in bed, relaxing my mind, get these random dreams, which i think i can control, but when i realize that, i just WAKe up!!! why does that happen? can’t i have a Ld? am i not special enough? lol please tell me what you Ld’ers think.

lol i think you get too excited when you realize that ur dreaming. That happens to me a lot too.

that is what i was thinking! but i tell myself am not, but still! GOd! my brain is messed up. i mean i don’t even get the feeling of excitement. :neutral: really weird.

It’s just because you’re expecting it to happen. After reading this though, you’ll be aware that you’re expecting it, so I expect that the next time you get a lucid dream, you’ll be able to stay in it, because you’ll be expecting to stay in it. The key is to remember that you are in complete control of the dream; you control when you wake up. And don’t try too hard.

Well… if you are getting into a LD already… then thats a really good thing. Perhaps you should give yourself one small goal you want to achieve in your LD (do this before you go to sleep). Then, work on building up control from there… small steps.

Also, if you feel the dream is fading out (and you are about to wake) two great techniques to keep you in the dream are: 1. Looking at your hands or rubbing your hands together and 2. Spinning!!! Just spin on the spot! :content:

Good luck!!

ah thank you guys! i appreciate that u all took the time to reply. i will try these ideas. :smile:

Yeah, it’s pretty normal to wake up after getting lucid, don’t worry… I’ve been LD’ing for about 8 months now and still wake up after getting lucid sometimes… :sad:
But I’m slowly getting better, so just keep practicing and have some faith! :wink:

yeah i should just do that if i can’t do anything else ---- lol