Still having premature awakening problems...

I’m getting better at having LD’s. The last months I’ve had a good number of them. But I still have a problem: I wake up! A great number of my LD’s are less than a minute or maybe a few minutes. Rarely I have a 15 minute one.

I think my problem is the way I think in the dream, my state of mind. As most of my LD’s are short I usually expect to wake up at any minute, and I guess that expectation kills the LD :sad: . Even if I try to tell myself to stay calm and remember that I can have a long LD I end up waking up. I guess I still expect waking up, deep down.

When I have longer LD’s (around 10-15 minutes, I guess) I end up thinking “hey, this LD is kinda long!” and I wake up! :cry:

I don’t think it’s a matter of rubbing hands or spinning since I do those… (actually I can’t get spinning to work that well :tongue: ) I think it’s a matter of geting into the right state of mind. I’d like some advice here :smile: because it’s kinda hard for me. It’s usually hard for me to be in a LD and think about the LD itself. It would be great to be able to tell myself I can have a long LD in a way I truely beleive it…

It would also be nice to hear if other people have this problem. :smile: And sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong forum.

thanks for reading. :grin:

you could try to breath deeply and slow to keep calm

Yeah I’ll try that, thanks. :wink: