Tingling Sensation During WILD

I tried WILD for the first time and a while into it i started getting a tingling sensation in my feet that slowly (VERY slowly) started to work itself up to my hips, before i stopped because it was taking a very long time and i needed to get to sleep.

I don’t think i got any hypnogogic imagery…but i did see something that looked like a shotgun shell (odd…) FAR off into the inside of my eyelids, but when i tried to focus in on it it faded into patterns that can be best described as burying your face in someone’s hair.
I also heard a sound like wind whistling through a small crevice but i was asleep right next to the window and that very well could have been it.

My questions are these: Is this tingling sensation my body falling asleep? Do Hypnogogic images and sounds often occur before or after the body falls asleep? If i hadn’t stopped myself do you think i would have successfully had a WILD?

Thank you,
casaBLANKa

Yes, the tingling sensation is your body falling asleep. HI and sounds usually occurs during SP but i guess it can before too im not sure about that. And if you hadn’t stopped ur self i think u could have successfully had a WILD. But don’t worry about it. You still have plenty of other chances :mrgreen: Congrats you almost had a LD!
Oh and btw, since you said that you needed to get some sleep, try to use WILD with WBTB so you don’t deprive yourself of sleep. :wink:

hey thanks Shizune

thing is WBTB doesn’t really appeal to me. I’m a forgetful person and would most like throw my alarm clock across the room and roll over to go to sleep instead of focusing on WILD.

I was surprised that it almost worked though. I never have any luck with these sorts of things.

UPDATE: Last night i tried WILD again, and the tingly numbness spread throughout my whole body, and i even got weird heat waves…this may have just been because i was hot (i did realize i was sweating afterward) The kicker is that even though i advanced my WILD, i had no DR AT ALL the next morning. this may have been because i was using my white noise maker (which i usually use) whereas the previous night i did not.

Also, WILDed on my back. When i usually sleep on my side. Should i WILD on my side? Would this help?

That’s probably the onset of SP, the tingling was your body getting paralyzed, so you were close to an LD! Oh, and not everybody sees HI. Anyway, good luck!

er…thanks. but this was almost a month ago, and i’ve had an LD.

go check my DJ if you want to read about.

again, thanks anyway.