What Book Are You Reading? - Part VI

Dune by Frank Herbert, and I’ll be starting the Crucible by Arthur Miller soon. Also, my copy of EWLD is finally in!!! :boogie:

There was a book? Mmm it must be good. I may read it if i get the chance.

I just finished reading “The book with no name” by “Anonymous” and the sequel “The eye of the moon”. Brilliant books, i highly recommend them.

…ummm…
Yeah…

Err…does Little red ridin hood count? :shy:

Hume: Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding
Plato: Five Dialogues
Huston Smith: The World’s Religion’s
Jim Endersby: A Guinea Pig’s History of Biology
Robert Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Yeah, a lot of various stuff for college. Hopefully this weekend I’ll be able to get started on the third book in the Eragon series.

Right now I’m reading a book with poetry and soon I’ll start with About A Boy and Tristan and Isolde for school.

my main Focus is The Sirens of Titan by Mr. Vonnegut however i’m starting on Antigone by Sophocles and not to mention continuing Wolves of the Calla, Atlas Shrugged, and starting The Stand

No One Here Gets Out Alive: The biography of Jim Morrison

“Lets just say i was testing the bounds of reality.”

Have any of you read Twilight? I just finished it and im going to start reading the sequel o.o BEST BOOK EVER !!!

Yes its amazing!! Breaking Dawn is the next one i have to read, im so excited!! :woo:

I am reading a few books by Richard Laymond

I’m on the The Cellar…right now.

I’m currently reading The Scarlet Letter in American Literature… it was a little bit better than I thought it would be.

school has been keeping me horribly busy!

finished

Machiavelli: Il Principe [the prince]
Hobbes: The Leviathan
Hume: Concerning Human Understanding
Locke: Two Treatises of Goverment
Rousseau: Du Contrat Social [social contract]
Kant: Critique of Pure Reason
Kant: Critique of Practical Reason
Sloterdijk: Critique de la raison cynique [critique of cynical reason]
Sloterdijk: No mesmo barco [on the same boat]
Sloterdijk: Se a Europa despertar [if Europe rises]
Kurz: Com todo vapor ao colapso [full power towards collapse]
Crossman: Biografia do estado moderno [biography of modern state]
Guerreau: O feudalismo [feudalism]

reading

Montesquieu: De l’esprit des lois (the spirit of the laws)
Max Stirner: The Ego and His Own
Sloterdijk: Rules for the Human Park
Elias: O processo civilizador [civilising process]
Marx: O capital [the capital]

papers, articles and documents

Lopes de Souza: “O território” [territory]
March: “Bounded rationality”
the Vienna convention on diplomatic relations
Borges: “La doctrina de los ciclos” [the doctrine of cycles]
Marglin: “What do bosses do?” [parts 1 and 2]
Landes: “What do bosses really do?”
North; Thomas: “The rise and fall of the manorial system: a theoretical model”
Fenoaltea: “The rise and fall of a theoretical model: the manorial system”
the Brétigny treaty

and that’s september for you, at least what i can still remember having read. there’s probably a couple other things, and a bunch of spare chapters i had to xerox at some point. (yes, in Brazil it is legal to take copies from books, so don’t start pointing fingers).

Icefire by Chris d’Lacey. I’m now just re-reading it just for fun and to remember how the plot goes.

Don’t read that book, it’s horrible.

It’s not something you’ll want to read if your a fan. And i mean a real fan.

the art of war by sun tzu …-nice atogh i need to get copy withouth commentary … (thank u bruno for getting me into this … :lol: )
“SHE” By H.Rider Hargard
The “truth” trilgy By dawn cook … not bad, but best read while waiting for smething else to come out …
(this fall Trudi Canavan will start a new series playing in the Kyrallia universe wiff the son of sonea and akarien :woot: )

Its acutally one of the best biography’s ive ever read…

I’ve recently finished Born on a Blue day by Daniel Tammat, an excellent read.

I guess you didn’t know much about him, or were interested in him before picking up the book, cause you would be disgusted with it.

Finished The Plague by Albert Camus.

Picked up Ilium by Dan Simmons.

Still working on Hen’s Teeth and Horse’s Toes by Stephen Jay Gould.

Put down The Theory of Almost Everything: The Standard Model, the Unsung Triumph of Modern Physics by Robert Oerter, along with Foundation by Isaac Asimov. With school I don’t have much time for reading. I’ll get back to them later.

Alright, so currently I am reading Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternack, which is an absolutely amazing story and I highly recommend. It’s about a doctor in Russia and how his life deteriorates after the Russia revolution. I’m about 3/5ths of the way through and I love it.

I’m also reading a book called From Rome to Byzantium, which is about why Rome fell and why the Eastern Roman Empire stood for about 1000 years after the west fell. I’m about 1/3 of the way through this one.

The other book i’m going to start after I finish the Byzantium book is on Augustus from Rome fame and how he basically founded Europe with his Pax Romana. AHHHHHHHHH, it’s so nice to read some really great books :smile: