Frustrated

moved from pathways forum :moogle:

Ive tried everything from binaural beats to Wilds its not working for me
ive had 1 Lucid dream while trying to have them and it was very short WIlD that lasted less the 10 seconds
any help?
is there something wrong with me?

Achiving Lucid dreams and trying to invoke them at will is a learning process wich like other things takes time.

If you just recently started then don’t expect magic to happen right away. Write a dream journal and work on your dream recalls to improve them.

Also trying “too” hard to get Lucid whit no results will just get yourself discouraged wich will affect your results. Take a break some days and then continue whit the process whit new “strenght”.

• Tywald

no there is nothing wrong with you
everyone can lucid dream
there is something wrong with the way you think.
like tywald said, it is a process. Some may learn it in a day, some in a month, some in a year…
You can never know.
Keep in mind that you can do it and that you will do it.
Stay optimistic at all times and if you become frustrated then taking a break is a good idea. Remember
if it doesn’t work this time, it will work the next time.

Ive been trying for almost 3 weeks
and i do keep a dreamjournal
i guess ill just keep trying

Yes, but three weeks isn’t all that long. Just be patient and you’ll eventually get there :wink:

You might also try getting lucid while inside a dream by looking for dream signs.

Read your journal and look after things such as places, objects, DCs and even themes that appears very often in your dreams.
Then learn to remember to perform RCs every time you encounter that dream sign.

• Tywald

WILD is probably the not the best technique to start with as it the hardest one to master…
when mastered it is very efficient and convenient but until then, it should be quite difficult.
like tywald said, RCs are important. Try choosing any particular object, for example water, glass, or anything else you have in mind. Whenever you encounter that object in your waking life perform an RC, it is important when you do the RC, to really test your environment, to really ask yourself if you are dreaming, which will lead you to the idea that you not.
not long after you will start, you should get used to the idea of performing a RC every time you see that object. This must get to the point of you doing RCs without thinking about it anymore, as a reflex when you see your object of mind. When you will reach that state, you will perform the RC in your dream while encountering your object and therefore realize youre dreaming.
Remaining positive is in my opinion the most important thing. To me, this can not be emphasized enough. Every time you get frustrated and start believing and /or saying to yourself consciously / subconsciously you won’t succeed etc, you are telling yourself not to succeed. Keep in mind that lucid dreaming is an entirely natural ability that all humans posses. Your mind can take some time to get used to testing the environment but just remember that if it didn’t happen tonight it will happen tomorrow, keep that in mind, stay positive, and results will come soon.
Also, mantras of all sorts can be helpful. You can try writing your affirmations, saying them aloud, at heart, basically, whatever works best for you.
You can also try the FILD technique.
Last thing to keep in mind is that every thing you will read, analyze, think regarding dreams, your dreams, lucid dreams or all matters of the subject will get you subconsciously to be more alert to your dreams, keep in mind though, don’t try too hard, relax, take it easy, and above all, dont get frustrated if you wont do it today, for there will always be tomorrow… :content:
Bottom line is,
believe in yourself, know your ability to gain lucidity, dont give up and you shall have it soon.

thanks ive decided that the only DS i really can find is Blond people from school
i know its wierd but i always find them in my dreams
:smile:

Yes, learning to LD at will is a process, it is very common for people to take a months or more just to develop the pre-requitse dream recall needed for LDing. It took me about 3-4 months to have LD’s consistently…and that was with a MASSIVE effort on my part. I was literally spending hours each day practicing LDing, doing reality checks, etc.

With practice, patience, and confidence the LD’s WILL come.

Its like any other skill though, being concerened about not having LD’s in the first few weeks is like being concerend about not being able to hit 300 yard drives and shoot par in your first month of golf or like being concered that you can’t go out and just knock down 3-pointers with a month of practice.

ok thanks :smile: