What's going on in Finland?

I make this topic because I am a bit worried and that does not happen very often. Some of you may have heard that in Finland lately there have been strange things happening. Well maybe not strange but certainly… a little scary I guess.
I am talking about strange people shooting other, (apparently)innocent people for little or no reason at all.
If I am not mistaking there have been two(or one, I may be mixing up with some other shooting) school shootings and now a father killed his whole family with a hunting rifle and then killed himself.
What I have read, the people who knew that family said that they were living a normal, calm life and could not even had imagined something like that to happen.

Now, the school shooting/s, the shooters were strange to say the least. Had videos of them shooting they’re gun in strange ways on youtube, I haven’t seen them myself, except some few clips on a news show, by those clips, it is obvious to me that he is either emotionally unbalanced or just an idiot, not surprising what a person like that could do.
But the father, why would he do something like that? I just can’t find a good reason why ANYONE would kill his wife, two children and kill himself after that.
What I think may have happened: The father is part of some cult, which probably has some online forum of some sort. They believe in something what would drive the father to do something so irrational like what he did, like, lets say, murder is the only way to get to the paradise after death.
Or maybe he got tired of having a family killed them(possibly while drunk or on drugs) but later, when he realized what he had done, he couldn’t live withe the guilt and killed himself.
These theories are very unlikely and really but are the best I can come up with.

It maybe my paranoia, but I have a feeling this is not the last time something like that happens, we’ll see more of such “murders”. And that there is something behind at least the family shooting, some organization or a cult of strange fanatics…maybe even aliens :bored:! I have been to Finland a few times myself. I find that it would not be to difficult to find someone there who would believe someone coming up to them and saying that hes the new Jesus or something and would do anything for him. I don’t mean that Finns are stupid or something, but that a lot of them are are quite gullible.

So, my questions are: What do you think is the reason for behavior like that? Is there some secret cult, making gullible Finns do they’re bidding? Am I paranoid?
I’m probably just paranoid, right? RIGHT :tongue:!?
Anyway, please tell me what you think. I’ll try to find some news report in English to include here. If you know where to find one, please tell, I have busy times right now and won’t have much time to search around the internet :content:. And, of course, if I have written something wrong and you see it, please tell me so I could fox it.

it’s a tad simpler than that. (not that we will ever be able to wrap our heads around the reason anyway). no cult, no big political or social incident, not a punctual reason you can blame it onto. simply, some people just go postal. that’s it, that’s about it. you could call it a culture-bound pathology and try to raise a couple of sociological reasons why this happens, but that’s besides the point, isn’t it?

and this ain’t new anyway. werewolves, berserkers, and what the hell, Achilles are cultural manifestations of that same kind of madness through time and space. have a look at history and mythology: it’s all over the place. if it happens more often nowadays, i’m more inclined to blame it on the well-developed gun market than in a particular cultural aspect of our time.

don’t worry. there’s no secret kill-everyone-then-kill-yourself organisation. do worry: it could happen anywhere, at any time, even someplace near you. (but don’t obsess about it, alright? we wouldn’t want to develop culture-bound syndromes of our own).

Oh, I never get obsessed. It’s just that I can’t see any reason why a father would kill his family AND himself. Especially because, as I mentioned, they were said to live a normal and a calm life, what i forgot to mention is that both parents were teachers(that’s what I read anyway).
What would drive a man to do this?

The cult part is probably just a fruit of my paranoia, it can be difficult to say when I am paranoid and when not… but it is, at least, a reasonable explanation, better than to say that the guy woke up one fine morning and said to himself:“I think I’ll get really drunk, kill my family and commit suicide today” :eek:. No?

Do you live in Finland :confused: What about the schoolmassacre, it was a lot articles about it in Sweden after that :scared:

Me? No, I don’t live in Finland, but I do live pretty close to it. And I did mention the school massacres/shootings as well. My father has some friends in Finland. The headmaster of one of the schools where the shooting took place, the one who died, was, I believe, once a teacher of one of my fathers Finnish friends. Or he might have been the headmaster then as well. Or he might be a she. I overheard my father talk about it and missed some parts so I cant be quite sure what he meant.

But I don’t worry about that as much as the family shooting because in the family shooting I can see no reason why the father would do that.

I live quite close Finland as well, on the swedish country. The closest Finland Ive been so far was in Kiruna :smile:
The crime has increased in sweden :cry: I hope sweden doesnt experience schoolmassacre :scared:

I can’t beleive these kinds of things are reaching the “still good countries” :cry:

What do I do with my tiny hope in mankind now?? :bored:

Still good country? Not now anymore, sweden has increased crimes, but its still too far away from schoolmassacres here.

There are people who would see this as a sign of the world ending in 2012 :content: .

But really, I’d blame rap and hip-hop music. And things like that.
Or a secret cult :grin:. Hahaha.

Sooner, just cause people say 2012 it does not need to be at that year. It can happen today, in 100 years, tomorrow, who knows :wink:

Yees, but according to some theory, a bunch of coincidences point to the world ending in 2012, just before New Year :tongue: .

Guys guys, it’s not like it is that big chance for anyone to shoot you down in school tomorrow. The sick thing is this:

Watch the street around you one day. All the people around are able to kill you. All of them, one of them going loko is enough. Think about it. I find that pretty scary. But we don’t suddenly go killing, most of us, luckily we don’t.

Now, many will now call me strange or worse things but: what if you hate the school and everyone that’s in it and you are also so depressed that you’re wishing to shoot yourself? And what if we add in some sosial-darwinism from god knows where and untermensch from nietzshe (hides for cover from bruno ; ) ). ?

In one sense, if that is the given reasons they have I can sort of understand it. You hate the place or some of the people there and really want to kill yourself anyway… And get your thoughts published…

I’m not defending the massacres or anything, take it easy. I find it really obscure that people do those things to each other. And it’s pretty extreme how fucked up we humans can manage to become.

Were living in a diffrent world these days, and the only think I see saving us is divine intervention. The world gets crazier every year. People are stressed. We need to keep faith, and stay strong. Things have to get better soon. The only place I feel safe is in my dreams these days, but you have to get out of bed, and keep moving. The show must go on no matter how bad the world gets. Things will get better. We are headed for some rough storms people, theres not a day that goes by that I tell myself… “Why cant I just die, this world is worthless, and full of hate”. I would never end my own life, and alot of those thoughts are due to my depression, and all the negativety in the world. We are here to learn, and get stronger. Im lucky to have found lucid dreaming, because it has helped me grow, and learn. I plane on seeing this through the end, and Damnit. I will not die bitter, it may be hard as hell, but when my time comes rather it be dying next week, or 2012. I WILL DIE WILL DIE WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE, BECAUSE I LOVE LIFE, AND IF THIS WORLD, OR THE DEVIL TRYS TO TAKE THAT SMILE FROM ME. I WILL LOVE LIFE EVEN MORE FOR THE CHALLANGE… DAMNIT I AM DAVID LEONARD, I AM KAVA, I AM A LUCID DREAMER, I AM INTELLIGENT, AND A LITTLE INSAINE, I AM STRONG, AND I WILL OVERCOME ALL THE OBSTICALS THAT TRY TO KEEP ME FROM MY GOAL!!! If you are in the same boat as I am then we will help each other. When I get negative, and feel like saying FTW. You guys have allways put me back on track, and no words can explain how thankfull I am for that.

We will survive!!!

Petter.
The school shooting things I have figured out, no problem. But I am having trouble figuring out the family shooting. Any ideas on that?

Kava.
I like you’re attitude. Let’s go raid hell, capture the devil and cut him up into little pieces :woo: ! And while we’re on the way, we might as well take down some of the “social elite”. Mwahahaha :ebil: ! But first, which direction to hell :confused: ?

Hey, this raiding of hell thing would make a great lucid quest, no :content: ?

P.S I think there was a shooting in a cafe in Finland as well, a guy shot another one in the head I believe. Maybe Finns just can’t handle a gun when there are no Russians to point them at :neutral: ?

Thats a cool idea, lets posses the devil.

I will assume you mean the lucid quest :content: .

Swedish criminals cant handle guns either, they just shoot and shoot…

IMO you can’t handle guns when you aim at persons with them :wink:

Criminals are mostly drug addicts. No? When such people get they’re hands on guns, they shoot and shoot (most likely)at some little green men who want to probe them in strange ways :grin: . Hahaaha. Or at a tree with whom they had a disagreement :rofl:.
Sadly sometimes relatively innocent people get in the way of the bullets :neutral: (Nope, even I can’t top a sentence like that off with a smiling face).

I just cannot get how a person can hurt/kill another person. Sure, there are drugs, drinking etc. However, I see those as excuses. Eveyone has an idea of what’s right and wrong. I can’t see anyone I know bringing a gun to school and shooting the place up. But you really never know, do you? That’s the scary thing. Anyone at anytime can do this.

Someone may have a break down, get angry. Then once they murder the first person, I assume they get even more adrenaline. Then, well…I’m sure you can guess…

I may write more later.