Split Consciousness

Anyone think it would be possible to split yourself in two in a LD? Like, turn into two different people, or just two different centers of awareness, at the same time.

Being able to see two different images at the same time but still be able to separate them.

I thought of this the other day because once I was in SP creating music :wink: and in the song there were two voices singing two different melodies at the same time. I thought it was fascinating that I was equaly aware of both voices. IWL we could only focus on one voice (right? :bored: ). Maybe shift our attention quickly from one to the other giving the illusion you are paying attention to both.

Not sure if I was clear and I’ll stop rambling :tongue:
ideas anyone?

I’ve had spit conciousness in my dreams. It’s never been induced though. It’s very difficult to put the feeling into words. I think I discussed this with a friend once via MSN because he’s gotten it too. I’ll edit this post if I find it.

In simplest terms, it’s like having 1st and 3rd person view at the same time.

cool Wyvern, thanks. :smile: I’d love to hear more about it. :content:

I dunno about split consiousness, but I’ve definately created a song in my head before with two different singers.

That sums up perfectly something I’ve had before in a lucid dream it’s really weird. Although I was me, I didn’t have 100% control and I was also a DO of myself in this dream. However it wasn’t like a full DO dream, I could see myself, but also be myslef if that makes sense. I was the person in the dream, but also the one watching it.

Yeah, it’s like that. For me it’s happened in a few LD’s. (They’re usually LD’s when it happens for me.) The lucid part of me is the DO, and the other 3rd person view one is not lucid yet I am experiencing both.

I have had an LD where I felt with my body but was watching from a 3rd person view. But I wouldn’t say it was split-consciousness. Just an odd way of looking.

For me split consciousness would need to be two separate and simultaneous trains of thought going on at one time.

I agree, although the 1st and 3rd person thing sounds really cool too. :smile:
I’ll see if I can experiment with this in the far future when I’m good enough at lucid dreaming. :wink:

there is a multidimensional consciousness that is real,

to make your own and try to set it up right,

seems very hard, i have tried before to no avail,

well, you are almost always splitting your consciousness.

Whenever you are thinking about something, you give that thought, that reality your focus, and therefore, some of your consciousness is focused on.
Some is still focused on the physical though…

The thing you mentioned about music.

If you were able to do it in SP, you are able to do it IWL.

I am very interested in creating songs with 2 or more leads etc…

I have also had dreams while splitting my consciousness, and I was also able on few occasions to travel between the waking and dreaming realities, merge them with each other and share a consciousness focus on both.

It is very possible and , I think, one of the first lessons we must learn as a specie in order to evolve.

I describe it as a third-person video game. You are the person yet you see the person.

Well,i have never expeirienced this…but i suppose it’s possible.
I think it’s rapidly switching between awarenesses,like,from nanoseconsd to nanosecond.
Or even more often.
Don’t know…