LD4all Quest 38 - December: the Spirit of Giving III

LD4all Quest 38: December : The Spirit of Giving
Author: pasQuale

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

The Spirit of Giving III
It’s that time of year again! This Quest has become an LD4all tradition.
We are nearing Christmas, and one of the Christmas feelings is the spirit of giving. And of receiving too. Therefore, this Quest, you will give another dreamer a present. You can attempt to have a real shared dream, or give it to someone you love IRL or maybe to a dream character you like. The point is to experience giving.

The fun part of this one is ofcourse to team up with another dreamer and try to exchange gifts. But you may also give a present to anyone you like in your dream. The fun part of teaming up with someone is that you also get to receive their gift, to try and find what they left you in another dream. To receive the gift isn’t necessary to complete the Quest, it’s a bonus option.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• become lucid :wink:
  • Give a gift to your buddy or to someone you want to give a gift to.
  • bonus: receive a gift back from your buddy
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

bonus option: (and most fun one :grin:
Select a buddy who you will do this Quest with. You can do this either by PM or a post in the forum, in any case make a post in this topic announcing who your buddy is.

Then, your goal is to give your gift to your buddy, AND to receive your buddy’s gift. You can try do do that in one dream, but you can also use more dreams for it. (You would give the gift in one LD, and then in another LD you will search for the gift that your buddy left you)

It is possible you meet your buddy in a ND and receive a gift, that counts too. But the dream you actually bring the gift should be a LD. (This is a lucid dreaming Quest after all :tongue: )

Your gift should be packaged, so the receiver has to unpack it.
You can chose to give a surprise gift (you don’t know what is in it yourself) or select something you want to give. Be sure to wrap it up.

Giftshopping in your dream world:* Reach out in your pocket/bag and know your gift is inside.

• Enter a shop and get something you like, have it gift wrapped…
  • Summon or materialize the gift you want to give. Call: “please let the perfect gift for [name] appear”
  • Expect the gift to be there when you turn around. Turn around.

Finding the receiver
note:You should bring the gift personally, so no sending it or giving it to someone else to bring it.* Enter an elevator and press the button with the name of your buddy to get there

• Stand in front of a door. Know that behind the door you will find your buddy. Open the door and go inside.
  • Summon your buddy. Call out his/her name.
  • Ask someone in your dream to take you to the one you want to give your present to.
  • You could also set up a meeting place, in that case use any of the above methods (or your own method) to travel to the meeting place.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what you will do to find your gift, decide who you will give it to (if you haven’t teamed up with a buddy) Do you already know what you will give or will it be a surprise gift? How will you find the gift receiver?

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Be sure to announce who you have teamed up with in the topic!

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

/me looks in the cupboard and gets out the green gift from last year.
/me looks at the label

/me gets a pen and changes the 7 to an 8 :tongue:

/me wonders if she will get quest wings for christmas :eh:

/me has confidence moogle will! :content:
/me shall try this, it sounds fun!! :grin:

Hmm…sounds interesting. Might have to try this :happy:

I wonder what gifts people will get. Hopefully some nice ones! :grin:

MWAHAHAHA

The wings are as Good.As.Mine!

I can’t wait!

/me will LD
/me will get wings
/me shall rule the world!
/me scratches the last / me thing

i will do this when i have a LD for my first time

YAY :woo: Fun Quest. I choose WS to be my buddy… and in addition to this quest we will also see if the gifts we receive in our dreams are the same that each of us are planning to give each other on xmas day :grin:

Great idea Q :thumbs: now when its cristmas and all :woo:

I didnt know you had this as tradition on december.

I will do it! I succeed!
/me will get it this time
/me WILL

I’ll try to do it too. Just one question: is a bullet in the head considered a gift? :lol: I’ll try it whatever the answer, the answer is different for everyone, so it doesn’t matter anyway :content:. I’ll Just leave the bullet out this time :smile:.

Me and Download are buddies for this.

Well…
Uhh…
This is going to be a peice of kace…heh i mean cace…i mean kake…cake…happy? :tongue:
We have to give gifts umong us in class…and classmates would be my main RC trigger if i wouldn’t see them so often…

I don’t know…
Zu,Download…WD? :meh:

Ehh…
If i’ll be lucid i’ll get you gifts(woo 13 year old dudes rule the world!)

Edit:WHOA WOMG!When did i get those wings?!?!?! :happy:
Thanks guys! :hugs:
Omg it’s like a medal or something…

Hey, maybe we could make it a circle! Are we allowed to do that? We’ll increse the chance of getting lucid by 1/3! (if we have a SD)

You know, I got lucid last night, stumbled across Lego with my eyes closed and (^) SOMEONE wouldn’t accept my gift… :ack:

Cool Quest! :content:
I’m gonna try this, although I already have my wings. It seems like it would be fun.
Pridak! Expect a gift from me! :good:

/me wonders how he will get the gift to pridak…
/me also wonders what the gift will be…

/me will try this with Tundra… we’ve been trying to have a SD… :boogie:

I’m going to use this quest to get lucid again.

Whoohoo! First of the month to complete the Quest! :yay:

lol, congrats wolbeth! :happy:
maybe you didn’t look close enough in the invisible box, after all, you didn’t see the eggbeater too at first :grin:
good luck everyone!!! :happy:

:clap: Right on Wolfie! Good job!
/me wishes he was first