Microsleeps and WILD

Ok so recently i went to a friends 18th out in the country and in true aussie style there was the usual Slight edit alcohol followed by staying up all night then heading back into the nearby main town for a feed.

Now i lived about 20min from this main town and got stuck there till noon and when i finally did get home i realised i would very badly screw up my sleeping pattern and as such stayed up till 11pm.

Now this is where things get relevant in my efforts to stay awake around noon i realised that iwas beginning to flit back and forth between reality with amazing ease with microsleeps i would close my eyes and think of whatever was on my mind at time and things would appear so clear before me…i even lost physical sense in that i was not aware of it as i was so exhausted.

Then it hit me that the microsleeps were an easy way into WILD whereas normally you have to relax then passively fall asleep whilst guarding against loosing focus here i simply closed my eyes and i could go into whatever i wanted to do and i was sorely tempted to try it out if i wasnt so anxious on work the next day.

So what do you all think? are microsleeps in cases such as this a potential gold mine for night owls like myself or for the times when we find ourselves like this for whatever reason?

Post edited. :dragon:

Being that tired certainly gives you a different state of mind, it can be useful.

As you didn’t update your system for a long time, you start getting signals to go to sleep and your whole mechanisms seem to fall asleep much easier than normally.

It will probably be hard keeping the mind awake for an untrained individual.

That is why having WILD and that sorta stuff are best to do after a couple of hours of sleep when your body is already incredibly relaxed and your mind alert.

But overall, I think deeper exploration into that state of consciousness will certainly produce interesting discoveries ^^

cheers

True, not to mention where i mention “an easy way into WILD” its not just in the sense of that one time but future attempts, whilst it wont give you a “proper” WILD experience the fact remains that you will have completed a very difficult technique in one form or another and that can lead to better chances with future attempts. Granted if you try and do it properly later on the experience wont give you an experience of using the techniques for it but it will help overcome any mental block a person may have over their ability to WILD, greasing the wheels as it were much like how some people take supplements with WBTB.

one of the funnest nights ever,
i went to a meditation retreat in the mountains
i met a girl there (I love you! ) and we hung out all night, not sleeping , talking, etc

and i would often fall into a microsleep, and wake up and laugh, and feel completely delirious and disoriented, for i had been 24 + hours (approaching 48) without sleep at all, i drove all night long to get there ! (hi!) and we stayed up all night long

well, one of them i saw a cowboy shopping at a convenience store, awoke and informed her.

just brief hypnagogic dreams, lasting about 30 seconds, max, usually 3-4 seconds, of unconsciousness and dream imagery,

however, at one point she literally went into REM, her body twitched, and i watched the whole thing transpire,

she was capable of speaking but did not understand me, so i couldn’t talk to her in her sleep

this was really strange to watch, she just… rolled into unconscious and spasmed into dreaming! and after about 3 minutes was back awake.

btw this is the uberman’s sleep schedule, also called polpyhasic sleeping, if you are persistent enough any time you close your eyes to sleep you will immediately be in REM for about 15 minutes .

i cannot conceivably ever do this unless i was on a vacation like this and drinking lots of coffee for the first 2 days.(i’ve tried twice, its too hard!)