Best Video Games Of All Time

Almost. I think we are forgetting Ocarina of Time.

Fallout 3, most people probably don’t know, was proceded by the truly excellent Fallout 1 and 2. It certainly isn’t an MMO, but playing online Al-la Baldur’s Gate style with about four friends would be excellent.

I will now state four games

The two best games you know:
Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy VI(with an extra I, if you prefer, it’s tough to decide)

The two best games you’ve never heard of:
NiGHTS into Dreams
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

oohohh, now I have some more ideas what to buy with my extra christmas+birthday money!!!

My favorite games of all time:
Psychonauts
Halo 2
Kingdom Hearts
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong 64
Paper Mario 64

I want to get Mirror’s Edge, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty: World at War, & Guitar Hero: World Tour

My favorite games:

Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door
Kingdom Hearts 2
SoulCalibur 3 (they spell it weird)

[size=150][color=blue]Fl[/color][color=yellow]y[/color][color=blue]FF[/color]![/size]

Smash Bros Brawl/Melee
AQW
Gaia zOMG

(no particular order… they’re all great)

EDIT:

My friend is obsessed with everything NiGHTS… I’ve heard of this game plenty of times… Haven’t heard of Disgaea though…

I must say, that the absolute best game in history is…

Super Mario 64

Comparing the new games to games like OoT, or Smash bros is like comparing Jonas Brothers to The Beatles.

Or the newest heavyweight champion to Ali.

That is definitely in my top ten. Not many people have played it though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Rankings

… I don’t totally agree with the list, but Ocarina of Time is technically the highest ranked game in all the land. (And it is my all time favorite game too, having gone through it more than 12 times at LEAST)

Here is my personal list…

1:OoT
2:ALttP
3:SM64
4:SMG
5:SMB3

… I can’t decide anywhere after that. In fact, the lines after spot #2 are so vague, I might be changing them around without even realizing it…

/me puts up a big banner saying: “Space Invaders!”

:lol: How about missile command (or what that arcadegame is called :cool_raz: )

I can’t make up a list. Hell, i will have to write in a random order, except for the best games…

Moto Racer: First game i actively played. Keep in mind that i was no more than, what, 5 years old when i played this for the first time?

TOCA Touring car championship: Same thing as above. Only a little older when playing this. (Fun note: you could unlock a tank and shoot other people with it, disqualifying them from the race. Great fun. =D)

Some weird japanese game for Playstation: A friend of mine had this for his Playstation.
I can’t begin to tell you how much i laughed while playing this!

Doom: Didnt start playing this until 2007, but i still think its an awesome game.
I play it actively on Skulltag.

Quake series (3 in particular): I dont really play these games, but i still think theyre awesome…

Unreal Tournament 99: (didnt get this until 2008) Played a few LMS-matches against an IRL friend of mine…hell, THAT was intense!!

Counter Strike (both versions): Great fun, played for around 5 years.
now if only i could get a good computer, i’d start kicking butt again.

Zelda: Majoras mask: Rather short, but deserves a place on the list.

RuneScape: I have wasted 5 years on this MMORPG. It has GOT to be on the list.
It’s probably the first ONLINE game i actively began to play. (all thanks to 1001spill.no)
I always sucked at PKing, but it was one HELLUVA adrenaline rush!!

Halo 3: Hell, i dont own this game, nor the console. But at the times i have had access to it, i had great fun, both on campaign and multiplayer. (not online)

Metroid Prime: Probably the first FPS i have played.
Spent MANY hours on this, and i loved every minute of it.

Just recently started to play this game in Hard Mode.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: This is ONE CREEPY GAME.
Not many people share my opinion, though.

Pokemon Series: Most of the time, i just watched my sis play. I still thought it was fun as hell though.

The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: This, along with the Pokemon games, are my CHILDHOOD on up to 64-MB CARTRIDGES!!!
I…I just can’t explain how much this game means to me. (ew, bad grammatics)

Honorable mentions:

Descent 2: I have never actually played this game, due to the fact that i freaked out and became scared when i was watching the game install.
I deeply regret this.

Dr Mario:I sucked at this, but its a different story for my mother.
It is the only game she is good at. And she is GOOD.
She would play the game until 11 PM. xD

LD4all Forums: Does this count as a game?

As you can see, i obviously LOVE video/computer games.

Here’s my top 3:

1. Final Fantasy 8
  2. Sims
  3. Super Muntant Ninja Turtles for the NES

Here’s My hidden treasure game:

The Indigo Prophecies…Great game, if you see it rent it, don’t buy it though! takes like 15 hours to beat.

Kingdom Hearts
Tales of Symphonia
NiGHTS into Dreams
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Braid
Final Fantasy 6
Crazy Taxi
Contra
Ikaruga
Mega Man 3
Donkey Kong Country

Halo 2 is the best of the Halo series, multiplayer (not online) with three friends was the most fun i’ve ever had on a game.

N64:
Mariokart
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark

Xbox:
Grand Theft Auto III (I played Vice City the most, but San Andreas was prob better)
Halo 1 and 2
Knights of the Old Republic

Xbox 360:
BioShock
Mass Effect
Grand Theft Auto IV

Bioshock is great, but after playing hundreds of hours you get tired, but I cant wait until Bioshock 2 is out :sad:

Fahrenheit
Penumbra series
VtM:Bloodlines
Mass effect

Those all are for the PC

I thought F3 was teh suck, I mean wtf, you have to press V or Tab to aim, right, then the gameplay actually STOPS for you to aim at certain points of a target with crit chances on them etc. I mean there IS some skill in RPG games like WoW, uncommon to popular belief, but in F3, it just seemed like such low-caliber gameplay that anyone could win at, even in hardmode. I mean at one point after escaping the first level… where the guards will shoot at you, I was near the exit and these 4 guards came after me, I managed to kill 1 or 2 of them with my baseball bat without going into the bullet-time thing, then just decided to let them kill me because I figured I could start again and not totally waste my pistol ammo, but I was still alive after about 15 seconds of AFK. I managed to escape after realising I might have a chance, this was on medium mode. It wasn’t worthy to even be downloaded illegally onto a harddrive. Just my 2 cents. Definitely not my sort of game…

Good games IMHO are: WoW - for all you LDers out there I’m sure you’ll love this.
Half-life series CSS etc. - just fantastic. I had to stop playing CSS because it had an FPS-Doug go crazy effect on me.
Quake, Doom - ußer pro but I haven’t played doom at all, and I’ve only played quake online for an hour or so.
Left 4 Dead - versus mode is teh shiznit.
Grand theft Auto Vice city, GTA:IV, - gta:iv is good, but too unlinear for me. Also I’m a solely-PC gamer and the crappy PC port REALLY put me off (you have to turn the settings down to minimum, on a medium-high calibre machine).
Dawn of war - possibly best RTS game evar.
Tony Hawk’s Underground 2 - Learning the art of this is amazing, the online PS2 gameplay was just great, pulling off 10 minute combos = pure win.

The only DEFINITELY reccomendable games I can think of atm.

I actually kind of liked Fallout 3. It wasn’t amazing but it was interesting. Decent storyline and gameplay was okay. No one forced you to use the VATS and if it was too easy on medium just turn up the difficulty.

I would like to get Left 4 Dead though…

See, some people like a live-action combat game. Others, however, prefer a more turn-based combat system.

This game was able to have both. I commend them for having such a system.

It doesn’t require you to use the VATS mode. You can play live-action if you want.