The revolution in LD research!

physorg.com/news148193433.html
Basically, they attach electrodes to your head and measure your brainwaves to tell what you’re thinking. They’ve already been able to form simple pictures from the person’s mind with this device, but if they get far enough with this, LD research will skyrocket!

HOLY CRAP! THAT’S AMAZING! Then I wouldn’t have to keep a DJ :razz:

I don’t think that it deserved the “OH NO! MY INNERMOST SECRETS SHALL BE REVEALED!” This is absolutely amazing…

Great job finding this, Zukoca! You are the smartest one :cool_raz: (But I’m smarter)

This scares me. :eek: Just think of all the evil that people could use this for. In interrogations, and spying missions or something. A HUGE invasion of privacy. This is wrong. I say let it be. The ability to read minds could me abused in SO many ways.

I disagree, if you are being interrogated my the police, you deserve/should have your mind read, 'cause you coulda killed that guy.

And also, I doubt people are going to be able to force it on you in any other situation, unless they’re some sort of comic book villain :tongue:

Making movies will become easier and and much cheaper too :smile:.

wow.

wow.

record your dreams. watch them latar. show them to people.

wow.

I’d rather want to keep my thoughts to myself. In the future they might create a machine that can tell what you’re thinking, wireless and using it on you without you knowing. :razz:

Anyways, who is going to see it, unless you have people standing there… I doubt you’re going to have people watching a little TV screen as you think to get little pictures of it.

No, I don’t want people reading my mind.

HOWEVER I believe that it can still be used in privacy… but people might like to know what goes on in my head when I can switch a conversation from tacos to a “imaginary” friend who was punched and killed. Of course, mixing in a prophecy about The Great Squiddle (it’s a mock religion my friends and I created :tongue:)

I think it would be amazing to see your dreams while awake, but I also agree that this could be abused.

I don’t really know how I feel about it.

It’ll be mad expensive too.

I’m glad you posted that website cause it’s loaded with interesting stuff. Another bookmarked site.

This breakthrough is fantastic. I would love the ability to stash dream files on my computer - of course, the potential abuse for this kind of technology is immense (“What were you dreaming about on the night of December 21st, 2008?”), but in my mind, the pros outweigh the vaguely possible cons by a great deal.

(That, and I like the idea of LDing creating great special effects for movies on the cheap. ^_^)

EDIT: This news story has hit digg.com and reddit.com. Some of their members seem to have brought up the topic of Paprika. And they’re right - this breakthrough could be a fantastic therapy tool. Of course, considering the nature of that movie, this might not be the best comparison to be making… XD

I found about it through Boing Boing, the article there has the word Neuron, taken from the persons mind… pretty interesting.

I imagine that if this technology was ever used for interrogation it would be strictly monitored and you’d need warrants and stuff, just like with DNA etc. Granted this doesnt mean it couldnt be abused, I guess we just have to hope that our Governments will respect our basic human rights…

:open_mouth:
Incredible!
But i’d have to agree with LDphone.
Altough it would be great to have one :tongue:

SPOILER - Click to view

Download,smartest is superlaive,wich means it doesn’t get better…and Zu stole it from me! >.<

technology is very ironoclastic

its not like there aren’t psychics that can read everything

but people that fear authority forget that there is a Light Side to the Force, and that it is always more powerful, and fully organized, whereas disorder and chaos is an attribute of darkness.

it is no joke, you can be sitting in your room, and suddenly re-experience a dream of 4 years ago in vivid detailed intricate memory,

you can even review your entire life as if you were in a holodeck,
this is all internal and requires no tools, lol

You mean in a dream right? Have you done this?

this technology is quite interesting. i want them to create mobile devices that are connected with each other so that you can share thoughts with others. artifical telekinesis!

They are working on it!

He is referring to “Total Recall”.

AKA: Enlightenment. Or a partial glimpse thereof.

I’d be curious to know his methods or what methods he has come across in his studies that claim to produce this. I agree that the ability is in every one of us but tuning in to that is not without great challenge.

highfives zukoca
I found it in a dutch article but it wouldnt be any use posting that on the english LD4all :tongue: :grin: Thanks for posting!

I am soo thrilled with this. Soon we will finally have our own dream recorders :happy: hopes

It probably won’t be available to the public for a couple hundred years, though. As soon as they develop one really good, they’re probably just going to keep it in the labratories. We can hope, though.