question [about time in a LD]

new title.
Topics just titled question are very unhelpful, please also mention the subject :moogle:

hello im new here. am i posting questions in the wrong place or the wrong way? anyway , i wanted to know, lets say you have an ld. and in real life, real time, you were lding for 15 minutes. does it feel like 15 minutes in the dream?

Stephen LaBerge did a study on this. He told the volunteers that if they had an LD, they would make a certain eye movement, pause for ten seconds, and then make the eye signal again. They monitored the eye movements of the sleeping volunteers, and it would seem that there isn’t any difference between real time and dream time. There are those who claim to have had dreams lasting for years, though.

It is commonly treated as if dream time = real time, so if you would count the seconds, itll be the same, but that doesn´t mean it feels like real time. I´ve had dreams that felt like days and obviously they were maybe half an hour long…

The actual dreaming is physically bound to time,as in,if you dream for 10 minutes,10 minutes will pass IRL too,but as reIV said,you can control time in dreams.
This may sound stupid but i believe it’s possible to create two “layers” of conciousness in a dream,in the background you dream and in the foreground you count.
You may start confusing them,but as the background dream cal last a few hours,the counting only gets to the physical time you are dreaming in.
Does this make sense?

Some say that the LaBerge test didn’t really prove that time is linear in dreams and when you count to ten in a dream, you’re actually synchronizing with reality with regards to time.
Others defend LaBerge’s findings and claim that the “movie effect” (you see a man walking out a door, then in the next scene he is at work) makes you believe that you’ve had a longer experience that you really had.

It’s a disputed subject, but I’ve personally had long dreams in one minute of physical time, so it doesn’t seem to me that it correlates.

Time is an illusion.