The Big Shared Dreaming Topic - Part III

Aye, it can be a bit shifty from time to time. But you totally shouldn’t let that discourage you; right now, we just need people that are really interested and committed to trying… I think the project’s nearly failed a few times because there wasn’t really enough motivation among the members.

I may try this. I have achieved telepathy before now…

Haha! My friend is extremely eager to join, in fact, the Chroniclers is the main reason he joined… he’s thinking of it as a… challenge…

I’m pretty sure he wants to join, and he seriously will NOT give up until it works.

I should have put my shared dreaming topic here, but anyway. Im really taking entrest in SD, so If there are any expiraments, or groups who are working on SD. Please PM with what I need to do. Or I might start one myself. Who knows I may have allready had SD with memmbers of the forum, and not even know it. We need away to know for sure. I was allso thinking that we could do some waking life excercises with telepathy, such as using a deck of cards in the chat room, and seeing if we can think of the card the other person has fliped over. This might help with the SD expirament. Im really excited about this. I feel like a kid with a new toy. Lets get the party started people. Merry Christmas!!

i think twins have shared dreams with each other alot more commonly than random people have with each other.

is shared dreaming actually possible?

7 posts moved from a topic in General Lucidness, “Morality? (Using SDs to stop others addictions):dragon:

That’s debatable at best, some people believe it is and some doesn’t.

No.

Said mr. Knowitall

Anything is possible.

You will learn that when you’re ready.

Hah, well said, I like that.

I beleive its possible, infact I think alot of people on this forum probley meet each other in dreams, and dont know it.

I once had something similar to a shared dream. Or maybe it was just a great coincidence.

I was on vacation with my family when I had a lucid dream for the first time. I hadn’t read anything about LDs back then and so it came just incidentally. It felt great and I started asking the DCs about their role in my dream (since I had read a book about dream analysis). Then I met my mother at a bus station and watched her taking off with the bus, standing on the footboard. Next day she told me she had dreamed taking a streetcar - standing on its footboard. Then I met two men who said they were responsible for “image quality” in my dream…well, my sister had a dream that night about being abducted by two men, putting her in a room with a huge screen showing the faces of the men.

I don’t know if that’s a shared dream…but neither I nor my mother or my sister could remember anything from the day before the dream that might have caused this, such as watching a movie where someone uses a footboard. And I think its striking that this happened during a coincidental lucid dream.

What do you think?

is lucid dreaming actually possible?

No.

…that’s what lots of people say…

I personally don’t believe in it.
but it would be so amazing if it was possible…

“Possible” does not mean “extant”. While I don’t like knee-jerk skepticism either, proclaiming what somebody else will “learn” when they’re “ready”, like you’re so sure that you’re further along, struck me as equally presumptuous.

You mean your whole family was lucid dreaming? Or just you, and they told you what their ND’s were (and you saw what they described in your LD) so it was like you dreamwalked?
Either way, sounds to me like the SD’s I’ve read about… where one detail would be different but they have the same plot or themes or something. My mom told me about one she had with her friend, too, where they both dreamed of meeting by a river in the woods, but neither of them were lucid.
Whether the state of mind projected them to some spiritual dimension, or they just spent so much time together that they think alike, though-- I’d still consider the result as showing an SD, and pretty neat. :tongue:

I don’t know what dreamwalking is, but I was the only one having lucid dreams. The others had normal dreams.

Yup, that’s what I meant. At least, that’s what I think the term means: a subject consciously explores an SD with others who have passive normal dreams about the lucid person, unlike if all the subjects lucidly shared a dream on purpose, or if all normally dreamed and shared by accident. :neutral: Since I said that it didn’t matter to me if it was coincidence or reason if the result showed an SD, it shouldn’t matter who was lucid, but it was a pretty word… sorry… :tongue:

I’m pretty sure that was a joke

Alright, this wasn’t a hard proven SD for a few reasons, but it does present an interesting argument on shared dreams. Now, Saturday morning, I had an interesting LD.

[spoiler]It starts out with me laying on my father’s bed taking a test on my phone, but something happens and I lose all my progress and the test aborts. I curse, but I’m not too angry because the teacher gave us two tries just in case. The next try I plan to use on a computer so I don’t mess things up. Just then dad comes in and asks me if I want to go get something to eat, but it’s got to be like the middle of the knight. ‘Dennys, then?’ I wonder, “sure.” I grab stuff and go to the door and we walk out of it. Now we’re walking through a playground, but dad stops in front of this kid. ‘What’s up?’ The kid is a pale skinned kid with dark brown or blue eyes, I’m not sure which, and reddish hair, and freckles all over his face, and now dad’s marveling over how dark the kid’s eyes are. From the way he says it, I can tell the kid’s going to have significant magickal ability. That’s when I have a conclusion, I didn’t just walk out of the house, I walked completely out of body, because out of all the people there, only a girl playing on one of those old wooden slide forts could see us. I must have fallen asleep, and this is one of those traveling dreams he talks about. Neat. Sadly, dad knows this too and isn’t happy leaving well enough alone. He wants to tamper, so we hang around and soon the parents come to take the children inside again. Well, lets follow them inside, since we don’t have anything better to do, and apparently Denny’s is out if you don’t have a stomach to store their food in. I walk around a bit, through the house to the outside and back inside again, but I have to stay away from that one kid because he now can see us, the one that was staring blindly past us while we were talking about his eyes. This spells trouble because he doesn’t seem to be comfortable with us being in his house one bit. I absently pick up a stack of napkins and move them from one table to the kitchen counter, and from my vantage point there I hear the mother say that her child was acting odd, like there was something there. Crap. Dad, we have to book. I can’t remember exactly how I said it, but the message was the same, they were onto us and we had to leave. Sure they really couldn’t do anything to us, but them knowing we were there was a bad thing. I abandon the napkins, and make my way out the door that takes me away from her and outside. Hopefully I can avoid that annoying kid’s eyes and get away, but it seems to be no good, because his frightened wails are now accompanied by the mother’s voice, and she’s telling her husband or brother. I say nothing, but keep on walking towards the exit to their yard, and am saved 3/4 the way there by some sort of gate (think gate as in teleportation gate made out of stones on the floor, that is, stone circle). The only symbol I remember is a seven, but it’s shaped more like a sickle. Woah, I must have completely gone over into the astral, nice. I’m looking for something, I know it, but I don’t know what. I’m sure what ever it is I’ll find it if I go down this path. Man though, this place looks like one of those tiny caves that go deep within some mountain and beg for a cave in, and now there’s a brick wall standing in my place. Ugh, but no problem, I can just shatter the stupid thing, right? The stuff dreams are made of. Sure enough, with a little help the thing falls, almost on me, but now I can continue. -FA- I wake up in my dad’s bed again, excited at the dream. Wow, I managed to topple that wall without losing control and without it crushing me? Sweet, let me go tell dad about that dream. I look around but don’t see him, so he must be outside. I creep down the stairs and look out the front door, and sure enough, there he is on the rocking chair talking to someone. Uh-oh, he’s getting up, best make myself scarce, so I run up the stairs as quietly as possible, with him coming in just too late to see me turn onto my own staircase, and go inside the apartment. Where are my keys? Dang, they’re still in the door. I open it to get them, but he’s already almost at the top of our own stairs, so if I closed it now I’d be being rude. I start to tell him about the dream, but this time I wake up for real.[/spoiler] I didn’t think too much about it, but I told my dad about it like I do with all of my interesting dreams, and it turns out that he had the same dream (with a few minor changes, like we were going to BK instead of Denny’s and stuff like that). The only thing was, he had the same dream when I was young, like 5 or 6. Like I’ve said, it isn’t a sound instance since this was before he started keeping his DJ, but I’ve had dreams with him in them before that he’s never blinked twice at, and he was able to give some extra details about some of the DC and the house, so I have to assume that this is an actual SD. Now then, if this is true, it would turn out that some SD can transcend time, and you could be SDing with someone in the future or past. Thing is, when I was young and he had the dream, he dreamed that he was with me as a teenager, so it would appear that the person would be the age in the dream that they are IRL. I know that the existance of SDs are debatable at best, and that they are hard to pin down, but this could be an interesting development as to why. What are your thoughts on this?