DCs and LD4all Members

Hey In our lucid dreams, lets start talking to dream characters, and allways introduce yourself as the name you use on this forum, and keep a record of it on the forum. We could set up a shared dreaming topic for it. Lets see where it goes. We could start matching up not just lucid dreams, but normal dreams as well. We could describe the setting in the dream, and whatever else. Does that sound like a good idea?

Split from a topic in General Lucidness, “Morality? (Using SDs to stop others addictions):dragon:

That sounds like a good idea. I’d say that deserves its own topic.

Sorry for double posting, but I come bearing a message from one of the Astral Hippies.

It never quite made the topic split, but I do believe the original point of this topic was “we never know which one of our DC might be another dreamer,” and the post above was a way to attempt to communicate with any other people out there sharing our dreams. Now then, in another post, it was mentioned that there are people out there who are adept at SD in all its forms, who were decided to be dubbed the Astral hippies. Since I happen to know one of these people IRL, I asked if it was possible that there were other dreamers in our dreams that we didn’t know were people instead of DC. I was answered that not only people, but guides and spirits may also share dreams with us. And so I asked how to tell the normal DC apart from these guests. Here’s the answer I got to that.

[spoiler]There are two types of people in our dreams, apart from ourselves. The first of these are normal, or flat, DC. You can tell these because no matter how bizarre their actions are, you usually expect them to do what ever it is that they do. Also, upon later inspection, you’ll often find that they represent a part of yourself in some way. These are much like the NPC in games, designed to do one thing and that’s all they do. They are rather flat.

The second type are any External Forces to yourself. These would be Guides of any sort, spirits, and other dreamers. Contrary to other DC, you’ll find that they take on a life of their own, and they will seem more real than everything else in the dream. A lot of the time though, everything in the dream will seem real, and you won’t know until you wake up. (I would note that I’ve often woken up feeling that one DC was special, and would meditate back into the dream to try to get back in contact with them.) You might also see that they control either elements in the dream or the plot of the dream. (In one of my dreams, a lady pointed to a tree that I hadn’t seen before, which was a fir tree wearing a straw hat, and said that her uncle put the hat on that tree.) They probably will stand out in some way, like a girl walking onto a battlefield wearing a halter top and shorts. (He went on for a while, but these were the main points, I think.)

Also, if you find that you are having a dream that seems to revolve around someone else, usually a dream where you are helping someone out of a sticky situation (or generally anything that is causing them to distress), you may be the outside force in someone else’s dream. You can either be another person there in the dream, or you might be floating inside of their head, so to speak. (I had another dream where in the beginning of the dream I saw a girl in the middle of a crowd of kids that were picking on her, so I helped her away from them and spent the rest of the dream with her, just hanging out. This would be one dream where I was a side character, and possible a DC for someone else.)[/spoiler]

Well, that’s what he said, and I tend to believe it. Take what you want from it…

For me it’s easy to introduce myself :razz: I use my real name here so…

Btw, wolvendeer, that’s quite impressive stuff o_o did you post any of that at the “testing the realness of DCs” experiment?

No, I’ll have to check that out when I get a chance.

That makes alot of sence, a DC who is allso forming the plot of the dream so to speak, and those that stand out. Wolvendeer… If you get a chance could you ask your friend if he remmbers having a dream where he has taught a D.C. to get through walls, and who had a plant in there bag. I did have a LD lastnight, and I introduced myself as Kava, but the D.C. was a old school mate. I think he was just a normal D.C.

Hmm… this topic made me want to bring up the dream I had on Halloween Night, 2008.

I dreamed that I met up with an ex-classmate on the Spanish Steps-- which were, somehow, located in Cornell University (my ex-classmate DC told me that that was where we were) but instead of the church at the top it was a sort of garden around a stone mandala. Ex-classmate DC was terribly depressed about something, so we sat and talked and I comforted him, and here comes the strange part:

Afterwards, I excused myself and went back down the Spanish Steps, still big and majestic, except walls were suddenly around it that weren’t there on the way up :dingy: so it felt like a stairwell or the inside of an abandoned mansion.
I sat on a step and cried, to get the empathic grief out, because the Spanish Stairwell was dark and empty and a good place to take a private moment–

– was supposed to be a private moment, but I heard stomping and clattering up the steps from way down, moving on up, and a young woman’s voice calling, “Elly! Elly!” I should have found that strange, because Elly is a nickname I’d always wanted but never caught on-- it’s the name I change my own to in like my DJ when I don’t want to use my real name, but nobody calls me Elly, not even in dreams when I’ve had this internet alias for a long while even if [color=darkred][b]LD4all is the only community I’ve stayed on with for more than a month, with this name.

When she reached me, or maybe there were two of them, but I only remember the one with the flat blonde hair in a messy chignon, and gray sneaker-boots, because she was the most talkative…[/b][/color] but I began moving into DO point of view, moving away from the three of us, and woke up shortly after that.

What do you mean “and who had a plant in their bag”?

It happned again lastnight I had a long ld. I talked to some cool DCs, and I think it
was another shared dream. Me and, a DC shook hands, and had a friendly lucid fight. I got my ass kicked. He held my head down under water. We went inside, and chated about ld, and dream journals. The dream lasted about 30 minutes, and was very fun. By the way just because your lucid dosnt mean you will get your waking life information right, because before I faded out of the dream. I told them my adress, but I got it wrong. Before I faded. I was standing infront of a mirror, and I stuck my hand through it, and I could feel myself fading from the dream, and I told the DC, well Ive got to go now, I hope ill see ya again. They were very friendly. I forgot about telling them my forum name, and I gav
e them my real name. Now here is the thing, in the dream the dream charecters were my neighbors, and maybie in theory the DC were some people here, because were forum neighbors right, so did anyone here share this dream with me, or it could have been the Astral hippies again. They had the same personality as they did in the first dream I had with them in it. Next time Ill remmber to use my forum name. This LD lasted so long it took up one, and a half pages in my DJ.

P.S… Another reason I think it may have been a shared dream, is because I lost the fight, usualy in a normal lucid dream when I fight, I allways win. So this makes me think it was a shared dream. I could have probly got more info, but Im bad at remmbering dialog in dreams. I do remmber asking them if Oklahoma was out to get me, or was I just paranoid.(refering to my Oklahoma concpircey post), and they told laughed, and said I was just paranoid. So I tend to believe them.

The night before last, I had a false awakening after a nightmare, and logged into the LD4all.Com forums to see that a member with the username “Abby” posted about having the exact same nightmare-DC.

I used to have messy chignons all the time. But I’ve cut my hair 2 weeks ago… :grin: I have grey boots also, but those are not sneakers, lol.

Anyways I used to call a friend Tilly a lot at that time. And Ily because of a friends’ name ‘‘Ilya’’ and the french ''Il y a ‘’ - there is. … lol, it just sounds familiar. :wink: I can’t remember I was calling a friend ‘‘Elly’’ in a dream or something…

Hmm I will join this experiment! It’s interesting! :content:

Do you have a certain dream wardrobe? Mine is frequently my PJ’s, so supposedly my SC catches up quick… (not quick enough to ever count this as a dream sign, though) except, I cut my hair too last month and it’s still very long in my dreams. *Elly wonders if she should start like a “dream fashion runway” topic where people can describe their weirdest dream-forms

At false awakenings I wear my PJ’s ,at some lucid dreams I have light clothes on (white, grey, other light colors)… I guess I wear more dark clothes in normal dreams. Hmm…maybe it would be a good idea to program myself to 1 certain wardrobe lol. :grin:

Starting today, I will try to watch which clothes I have in dreams - normaly I don’t pay much attention about that, but for those experiments it can be interesting. :content:

Please do :gni: Seems like a very god idea!

Most of the time I’m also not aware of what I wear. But in a lot of LD’s I’m taller than usual and once I had short red hair (this was when I went to another dimension, suppose my hair had to look futuristic too :tongue: )

When I look in mirrors I try to pay attention to what I’m wearing, mostly PJ’s so far, but must try something more fashionable next time :grin:

Aw-riiight! Got it rollin’! [You're not really wearing THAT, are you?)

Back on topic… I glanced through the memberlist for this “Abby”, no go :sad: