Blood in dreams

I have killed in many dreams and I NEVER see blood, Ive been stabbed in my heart but no blood and I survived :razz:

No blood in dreams from my part :smile:

cool :tongue:

and just to make it clear, I’m not a violent guy and I don’t usually have violent dreams. :content:

I only remember one dream with blood. But it was a very random dream and… there were, like, rivers of blood :eek:

but usually when I have violent ones I’m in a war or something (computer game influence probably). When I shoot the enemies sometimes nothing happens and I say “oh, come on! at least fall down!” without really realizing it’s a dream :rofl:

It might happen because you are not used to seeing blood IRL.

I sense an experiment coming: Try killing some real people and see if it affects your dreams!

:lol:

But as far as i can recall,i NEVER had dreams with blood…
It’s so…
I don’t know…
I don’t have a phobia of blood…
But sometimes it creeps me out…for no reason.

I have seen blood IRL and I dont think its any risk that an experiment of that will happen :lol: I have never experianced blood in dreams and I am used to see blood.

I do see blood in dreams. I have seen it often enough. One of my recurring dreams, unfortunately, is being trapped in a slaughterhouse, with bleeding pigs and cows :sad: although I don’t have those dreams very often anymore.

I once dreamt that I was throwing eggs on a wall, that were filled with blood. When I was over my rage the wall was one disgusting bloody mess…

hmmm, makes sense to me. :grin: but it’s weird, because I’ve seen blood in movies and such, and I have seen blood…

I haven’t seen any blood in my dreams, either. I have seen some pretty gory and disgusting things IRL, so I guess that it’s a little surprising that I haven’t had any dreams that reflect that.

Still, I think that Hollywood’s partly to blame for the lack of blood (at least for me). I’ve seen a fair amount of bloody films, but I’ve seen a LOT more movies where people get shot with little/no blood. Once you see violence in a particular way, it’s hard to imagine it being any other way.

Ugh… my mother has a serious bloodlust when it comes to [horror] movies. The majority of the movies I watched in my childhood were saturated in gory, gratuitous violence. It may also be worth mentioning that my mother’s side of the family has a chronic issue with violence themselves… No need to elaborate.

Oddly enough, nightmares are something of a rarity, for me. Even violent dreams, in general. But in its gritty presence, there is plenty of viscera and blood. And it never seems to be lacking, nor in excess. But, just enough to keep it close to reality. Perhaps too close.

Dreams involving blood are often more realistic than my other dreams. (Well, other than the dreams I have that involve me performing my daily routine…)

I can’t remember the last time I had a particularly violent dream…or any dream with blood in it for that matter!

Wow, I never even thought about that before, good on ya! (Though now I’m prolly gonna dream about blood everywhere :tongue: )

I had read this topic before I went to sleep last night… and I had a very violent and very bloody dream! I am not sure if it was influenced by this topic or the fact that I was playing a very violent and bloody computer game (F.E.A.R.) last night too. :content: In the dream I was running around being attacked by everything, but I managed to defend myself in a particular violent and ruthless manner, mutilating and destroying anything that stood in my path. I was unstopable! Yay me :shy:

i can’t remember having blood in my dreams. i mean, i’ve thrown a butchers knife at a guys ribs and he just pulled it out without bleeding. i’ve even had horrific dreams where my eyes or teeth have fallen out, and nothing.
maybe we don’t see enough blood in real life to see it in our dreams?

No one bleeds in my dreams. Even if I act very violent, it’s strange… like beating rag dolls or so.

I hardly ever have violent dreams, but iv had three in particular where i’ve[/center] killed people. and there’s never any blood. but i’ve never realised that fact until i saw this forum

many people seem to not have blood. and I thought I was the only one :tongue:

I always have dreams with fights and gunfire, but now that I think of it it’s rare for me to see blood as well. I don’t have any problems with it - I love horror movies or violent games, which really makes me wonder.

I’ve also seen the sword slash/gunfire with no blood at all.

I don’t see blood either. I don’t really have any violent dreams, because to me that would be a nightmare. My dreamcatcher keeps them all away. :smile:

Blood in dreams isn’t that common for me, but it does appear at times. (such as when a velociraptor sinks its teeth into the throat of the guy next to me, or one time when I was dying in a pool of my own blood) IRL I tend to be disturbed by the sight and smell of blood. (I have some nasty memories attached to both)

It has happened that no blood flowed when it should have. But it has also happened that it did. It doesn’t come up that often.

I had a dream with blood this morning, but I couldn’t see it, I could only feel it. It was cold :bored:

Anyway, this topic might have helped create the blood… :tongue: