Hallucinating At Will

So, my brothers girlfriend sent me a link just earlier about hallucinating at will using various methods.

I especially like the binocular one (but i haven’t tried it…yet.): boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas … our_brain/

That’s not hallucinating, that’s more like HI.

thanks a lot ^^

I’ve tried the ping pong one, but I didn’t use the radio. didn’t get any results though.

I’ll see if I can remember to do the sun one :wink:

If anyone tries and has something cool happen, be sure to post results!

Alright, so i tried the binocular one, and it kind of works. Reduces pain a little bit, but nothing really special. And yes, I intentionally hurt myself to test it out :tongue:

Ping pong one sounds the most fun.

And the rubber hand one.

I can hallucinate if I let my eyes remain open during meditation. I’ve studied Zen Buddhism and through my experimentation with the zazen (seated) meditation, I have noticed a strange phenomenon. If my eyes remain open, but not ‘seeing’, that is if I don’t focus on anything but just let the gaze rest somewhere on the floor ahead of me; I start to see things. Usually the lights are very soft and dim and my carpet sort of starts moving, kind of liquid like at first until a layer resembling champagne (tiny bubbles rise in columns from the floor) hovers an inch or two above. Eventually it will begin flowing across the floor, through me in a random direction, often changing directions and speeds. This can last as long as I remain in a meditative state.

Upon further exploration, I discovered that with the utmost concentration I could turn my gaze to the wall and see the light on it flickering. That sort of glow on the wall was static-y like a tv.

I’ve thought of this before.

I’ve been working at hypnosis. That’s going to be the final product of it all.

I want to try this, it seems fun to do this.

When I get results Ill post them here :smile:

I wonder if the ping pong ball would help with LD, and DR. If you did it before bed. Ther rubber hand one sounded entersting. The ping pong ball sounds like senceory depervation. Thank god, I dont have to buy a tank now.

I know what you’re talking about. Though I wouldn’t classify this as a hallucination per se, it’s more of a mixture of your vision area shortcircuiting with the hypnagogia from the trance. Which, by the way, indicates you lost your focus on the meditation! :happy: Zazen is about sitting, not seeing or experiencing or anything that takes thought and expectations, you’re supposed to sit to the point of just sitting. Hallucinating is a sign you need to discipline your mind further into being quiet.

Which reminds me of something. When I was trying to figure out [size=100]WIL[/size][size=100]D[/size] I found out that, by getting myself in a similar state (through a breathing relaxation and some focusing exercise, like a mantra), I could get a lot of tactile hallucinations, from a feeling of soft cold traces being drawn on my skin to the feeling of weightlessness, or some rather complex ones, like swinging as if I were on a hammock or a boat etc. Really cool stuff, and then if I got into a dreamlike state from there, it would almost always be seriously trippy and very realistic.

About hypnosis, there are a couple of casual «you can do this to your friends» tricks around on the internet, none of which, of course, involve pocket watches or mind control. Check those out, I never really gave them a try, but it might be fun to test around.

Did it last night. Saw nurses. Would try again.

A friend of mine has a fling with a nurse. He’s a med student, though. :grin: Ahem, anyhow. Hey, that’s cool, would you mind going in detail? I mean, about the technique, not the nurses. That you can keep to yourself. Yeah. But really, the technique! After reading a bit about hypnosis this morning, I found out it’s very similar (at least in spirit) with half the stuff I call meditation (to be sure: zazen not included). But there’s no good guide online, just some woo pages written by hypnokiddies, and offers to buy hypnosis CDs. So, I guess, any information you could share will be very appreciated.

I tried the sun and shaking hand one (ok, not the sun, just a bright light). Didn’t work… I’ll see if I can try to use the sun, incase that makes a difference…

:eek: What exactly did you do? :eh:

Saw a non-sexual nurse sit at the side of the bed. My mind went wild. As a result, I was ripped from the state.

EDIT: On to the state.

It’s hard (or easy, I can’t decide) to maintain total lack of thought. When I went blank, I would be jarred back to reality by the vary thing I saw. It’s all really like WILDing, but rather than wait for the images, you force them out. The whole thing felt like the most successful WILD I’ve ever had, despite not being lucid nor being dreaming.

I have, a few times, almost seen stuff in my mind. Although that’s probably more like visualizing than hallucinating :tongue:

Anyway, it feels like my conscious mind gets a glimpse of an image out of the corner of it’s eye. As soon as I notice that, I automaticly “look” at the image and it dissapears right away :sad:

Haha, good point. :mrgreen:

In any case I did find it distracting, which is why I meditate with my eyes shut now. I would definitely call it a hallucination though.

Hhhm , yes the ganzfeld experiment … i always automatically assumed this could only been done with having lights over the eyes (you put the ping-pong balls over the eyes than add red lights to the mix)
I can put myself in the illusion (grammar ? ) of lying or standing on a moving surface.
(The is nothing better to fight boredom than have the ground ripple under you :lol:)