Lucid, but couldn't wake up.

Hey everyone, im a first time poster so sorry if this is in the wrong forum :wink:.

I learned most of what i know now about lucid dreaming from this website, so forgive me if maybe theres some info thats not posted here thats general knowledge.

Alright…
Two nights ago (Christmas night), I stayed up pretty late, until about 4:00 A.M, not knowing that my dear sweet mother was going to wake me at 8:00 A.M. :grrr: .

Needless to say, I was tired, so at about 4:00 P.M, I took a nap, and had one of the scariest experiences Ive ever had.
So, I was having a nightmare, one that involved our town getting nuked. I’ve had this dream about 5 times now, so I figure this is my Dream sign or whatever its called. In the dream, Im scared as hell, but I realize that it is probably a dream, since I’ve had the dream so much. Because I realize its a dream, I frantically try to wake myself up (i now realize I should have taken advantage of the lucidity :grrr: ), but I can’t. I just can’t, its hard to explain, but I just couldnt wake up, I tried opening my eyes, moving my legs, nothing. And it wasnt like that thing (I forget what its called :tongue: ) where you wake up and you cant move. It was like I wasn’t even dreaming.
So, I therefore lost lucidity because I figured it couldnt be a dream if I couldnt wake up.
I remember the parts of the dream that happen every time i get it, like me running down our street and seeing my friends grandpa (who I dont really know that well) dying on the street, but i cant remember anything else.

Im really freaked out by this… Can anyone tell me what happened?

If you realized you were dreaming, you should of reversed the nightmare. There are many tips that can help you fight back in a nightmare. Example: I would of made myself a nuke shelter and then continued my adventure in Lucidity. You just need to not panic.

My best guess is, that you must be quite a heavy sleeper! Which isn’t really something to worry about… better than only getting lucid a few minutes before you’re meant to wake up, like I more often have. In the pursuit of lucid dreaming, one might consider this a gift. :smile:

Ive often found that instead of struggling against the dream worry about waking up, instead of a mad frantic bid to get out just think of waking up think of your actions being mimicked in real life ive found in LDs at times i worry about something happening in real life from dream actions, so perhaps my body takes that as a sign i want to wake up, maybe it could work for you.

im also in pretty much the same situation were im lucid dreaming but cant wake up, i know u said 2 change the nightmare, but sometimes in my LD i try that, but its like the dream has more control and turns it back nasty, my LDs are always nightmares as i always panic because i cant wake up. So id like to know how 2 choose when i wake from these.? :sad:

sometimes in my LD i try hitting my head against things hoping that in wakin life i will physically do this and will wake but obviously it never works. something that does work tho, is when i pull my eyelids open, or suffocate myself with my pillow. but it takes ages :sad:

im glad i found all this stuff tho cos i never really thought about trying the meditation an stuff :smile:

maybe once in a blue moon you are in a dream
a bit
too real

and you can’t seem to get out
and so
it is important to understand how to navigate and create what you want with your mind,
i was in an epic long dream today, and it was very strange,
one thing is that, if you can’t wake up, you can close your eyes and drift away into something new, just let the thoughts go, let them go, let them go, let them go,
they will get tired like a child, running out of energy when it sees it cannot phase you ,
no need to fight,

be creative, save your town, be superman.
some dreams want to teach things and will not let you go until you “get it” but you’ll all-ways come back here.