everyone can go lucid without much practice = weird!

this isnt really a question… its just weird. Every kid that i have talked to about lucid dreaming finds that befor even knowing what it was could go lucid and found it really easy to go lucid. so far i have talked to 8 people including myself and befor even knowing what being lucid in a dream meant, could go lucid. from what ie read on this forum it seems kind of weird that proups of people from all over the world have a ton of trouble becoming lucid after studying how to do it that a group of kids all in the same area can become lucid without MILD or WILD or anything.
im no expert on lucidity but isnt thatr kind of weird?
:eh:
pls reply

I don’t need to do MILD or WILD, in fact, every time I try, I fail!

I wait for spontaneous RCs and LDs…

Lots of people don’t even need RCs… it just happens!

RCs are the only way I can LD… doesn’t take any practice, just time! (took me a month!)

Most of my LDs still today are just total accidents when I realize things don’t feel right or I can’t remember how I got somewhere. It’s been about the same my whole life, just happens to me a couple of times a week now as opposed to once or twice a year.

I have heard of people telling friends about LDs and the friends ‘claim to have them’ … but often it can just be vivid dreams or dreams with some apparent control (so not true lucidity)

I agree with moogle, sometimes people will just say that they’ve had them, when they haven’t.

But saying that, lots of people do have Lucid dreams without knowing what they were; there are loads of people on this site who LD naturally and have for a very long time, and then, there are others who really find it difficult to LD. It completely varies from person to person.

However, it would make sense that the people who ‘struggle’ to LD, as such, would be posting on these forums, as these forums are here to support and give advice for people wanting their first LD. Those that can do it naturally, or don’t know what it is, are less likely to come across this site.

lucidity isn’t something hard to achieve. It isn’t some mental ability that only very advances practitioners gain.
it is a very natural ability that we all posses all the time.
It’s very simple
as people grow old, most of them are inserted with limiting beliefs (and lots of them) telling them they can’t do this and they can’t do that.
they start thinking, believing and ‘knowing’ they cant
and so of course, they won’t
your mind set = your reality
kids are much more innocent, much more in touch with their true selves, with their true identity, origin and purpose.
they have a much lower amount of those limiting beliefs , and therefore can achieve what they want easily.
the thing is that it’s not that you have to work on a positive mental attitude that says you can do it.
in a neutral state, that is the situation.
It’s NATURAL.
It’s only those limiting beliefs that hold you back
that’s why if a 9 year old kid goes to school and tells his friends about a lucid dream he had, not knowing about any ‘problems’ that may arise. They would all have no problem in going home and doing the exact same thing.
Its just a decision to make.

Cheers

Most of my LD’s come spontaneuous, a few are made of RC’s, just 1 of 100 are succeeded WILD’s/WBTB’s

No one ever said lucid dreaming was hard; Especially for kids.

If you check people older in your area, I believe you will find they have trouble having LDs, just like most of the people around here.

Yep, LD’ing doesn’t need any practice.

All my LD’s were induced from me lust doing an RC and realising it was a dream.

Also, other people could be lying to you about those “LD” they’ve had, just to get attention. :neutral:
But I wouldn’t know…

Most of my LD’s don’t come from any methods besides RC’s. WBTB usually works, but i live with my parents, and they don’t really like it when my alarm goes off at 6 in the morning on a saturday… I’ve tried WILD and MILD, and even some of those stranger ILD’s, but so far, none of those have done the trick. Just spontaneous RC’s.

Yep… I agree with TwilightDreamer. Kids have an easier time for sure. I used to LD as a kid, but never knew what it was or took advantage. Now in my 30’s, they still come naturally, but less frequent unless I focus on MILD or something else. In fact, I had 3 long LDs in one night, the morning of my 33d B-day, which got me back into it even more. Thank goodness I came across this site, everyone else thinks I am crazy or obsessed. They just don’t know…

It’s easier for children?
I didn’t have any lucidity until my late twenties. I hadn’t heard of lucidity when it happened I just knew I was in a dream.

If it was so natural and easy … once dreamers knew they could do it they would LD EVERY night without effort. Even master LDers can’t do that, the LD frequency goes down once they stop using techs.

actually, all of my LDs have been chance, until recently. I never knew what a RC was, other than I often would try and fly. After intense studies, I finally tried waking at 5am, meditating for a half hour, then going to sleep with strong intent. It worked!! I had a willful LD! But many things I read say that if you try too hard, it will not come to you…not true. Only intent is a surefire way to LD as far as I am concerned, either that or wait and wait…

Hah, the LD’s that I have had are when I didn’t even want them. I find the nights that I tryed any technique were just to help me remember my dream. After that the LD’s came naturally and I was having them every other night. I am still quite interested in using the WILD technique tho I have actually “never” chosen a technique to have my LD, they just happen. (I guess I’m just blessed :tongue:)

strangely i had my first one when i was only about 12 and i didnt know what it even was, it wasnt until later when id had a few more that i decided to research upon it and realised. I find that when i try certain techniques it just fails i mostly LD from RC’s , im always doing these throughout the day, my family think im crazy haha! Although WBTB does work for me too sometimes :content:

moogle

did you ever think about or tried having a LD when you were a kid?

why would I think about or try it? even when I had those first lucid moments I had never come across the term lucidity before.

well…
What do u expect than?
As Daniel said, the kids he know have no trouble with going lucid.

And I can speak for myself about my first years with LD’s. Of course, I didn’t know anything about it and it just happened spontaneously one night.
After that night though, every time I wanted to go lucid, I did.
Not even once I didn’t.
It wasn’t any harder than walking.
find a child , and im not talking about a 15 or 13 year old
Find a 8-10 year old child and test the validity of this.
However, it is very delicate as when you talk to the child, it may impose on his mind a certain limit. Just ask a child if he was at anytime during a dream was aware of the fact that he is dreaming.
If he says yes, you can ask him if he is still doing it.
Don’t ask him questions like
Can you do it if you want to , as that suggests that there is a difficulty in achieving it. Instead , just tell him, please do it again tonight and tell me how it was, since I am bla bla bla…
Do not suggest in any way the difficulty you may be experiencing in achieving lucid dreams. For these few moments when you are talking with the child, pretend that Lucid Dreaming is easier than opening your eyes, do not tell him how easy it is either, just as you won’t tell him how easy it is to open your eyes. If you would ask him to open his eyes, you would just say:
Can you please open your eyes?
Do the exact same thing.
If the child says no, it may be harder to get some compelling evidence from him, but you can still just tell him he should do it as it is fun (while maintaining the it’s easier than opening your eyes attitude)

the thing that makes it so hard to understand for most people is that they don’t understand the delicate nature of the mind.
The implications of a sentence you heard when you were 4 years old may twisted your life completely but still most people think they’re just the way they are.

How many people can truly say that when they wake up in the morning, they choose what they do.
Do you really consider all the possibilities you have every moment of your life?
Most people, as they reach the age of 15 already have something in mind that they think they should do.
They already plan to go to college, get a job etc… or whatever it is they may think they want to do .
They never even stop to consider doing whatever they sincerely feel like.
every person can go and live in a farm, on a deserted island or recluse in a mountain, live in a snowy mountain village, go on a cruise and be a sailor, write stories, paint, whatever it is… Im not saying any of these are the ‘right’ thing to do.
Im saying that most people live their life just the way they were told to.
Not because it’s better for them, but because it is implanted on their SC mind, because they have never been told to dream of infinite possibilities, they have never been told to just go out and do as they please.

Imagine being born in a place no one tells you anything except for fun stories, jokes, beautiful writings , paintings and music.
Do you think that in this kind of world, people will behave so much alike one another? Do you think that in such a world, people will live every day like the previous one?
Do you think you will want to do what it is you want to do now?
It is not because you are different, you are still you. It’s just that the influence around you is different. You may decide to give and live in the wild with the animals, or whatever it is you will find joy in.
Why is it that most people coming from the same sociologic - economic background will generally lead a same life, eat (generally) the same food, wear (generally) the same clothes, talk (generally) the same words, and do (generally) the same deeds. It is because they (generally) think the same thoughts, and that is because their mind is exposed to (generally) the same content.

A kid to a well materialized family with a lawyer mom and a doctor dad will probably go to college, have some degree, go and apply for a certain job, make money and lead generally the same life as others born and raised in that situation.

Whereas a child born into a family that travels around the world with a circus, will probably lead a very different life, and another child born into a circus family will probably lead a very similar life to this child.

They will probably never consider going to college and having a degree.
Neither will the lawyer’s kid ever consider going and traveling with a circus.

It is not because that is what they are, nor is it because that is what they find joy in. The lawyer kid may enjoy his life 1000 times more if he was living in a circus, but he was programmed to lead a different life.
Much the same, the circus kid may enjoy a more western life while setting up a business for gas, but he will still probably not even consider the possibility of doing that.
The options are endless, yet most of us seem to settle for what we have, not because it’s the best we can have, but because we have taught and trained to believe that is what we ‘should’ do.

Much the same, a young child has barely anything programmed into his mind, he will probably just live these days making the most fun out of it as he can.

As we grow old , the programming becomes more and more precise and demanding and we being to walk further and further away from our sincere desires and just settle for what we have been taught to settle for.

That is why a child has no difficulties with lucid dreaming, because he hasn’t been taught the difficulties. Because there are no restrictions in that area to his mind and therefore no obstacles. The only obstacle is yourself.
As we grow old, we are told that we can’t do certain things, out belief in ourselves and the world around us decreases and we start to really believe in that.
It’s not that you have to be told: Lucid Dreaming is hard when you are 10 to have those limitations, general limitations are being programmed into our brains , such as having to work hard to gain anything.
People usually think they have to ‘suffer’ through something to gain from it.
But actually, the reality is quite the opposite. The more you have fun doing something, the more beneficial it will be for you.
So I can sum it up by saying:
Do you believe and consider waking up tomorrow and traveling with a circus?
If you don’t, then much the same way, you won’t consider the possibility of having a lucid dream easily.
it is not because people are bad, stupid, or anything like that.
It is simply because they are misdirected. The SC mind is a super computer sitting , recording and analyzing any experience you ever had, anything you ever saw, any feeling you ever had and every sound you ever heard. From that information, you move forward.
It then becomes easy to understand why we have so many limitations these days
Think about the world I wrote about a few lines up.
No limitations, no boundaries put into your brain. Will people still lead the same static , non fulfilling life they do nowadays?

I will now point out that everything I said is a generalization. Not all people are acting that way. Its just the way things are in modern society nowadays.
Furthermore, I wasn’t suggesting that anything people do is better than the other.
I was only suggesting that people do not stop and even think about what they can do.

Hope this helps

Peace

LD just requires a certain vigilance

for instance, say,
I had some nice chamomile
and i sat and meditated until i was in the in between states, and felt like going to sleep

then i just went on my back and slept, until i woke up
no REM,
then i could get up and meditate more
eventually I’d find myself wide awake when REM comes,

but the usual pattern is to just go with the “flow” roll over,
fidget and such and just kind of forget that you are trying to dream.
PS does chamomile cause one to have greatly longer delta waves ?

RelV I am most impressed by your words. I just know for some reason that it is the correct thing to do: never doubt anything! Anything is possible because of Subconscious and the God within. what i got out of your post: just tell all the people we meet (including ourselves) that what we want We already have. We can do anything we want any “time” we want!!! :smile:

~No limits because we are SPirits~
:content: