Why do we lucid dream?

As I sit here tonight, I am asking myself a very simple and yet powerful question. One that I can’t seem to find the answer to myself, or one that I don’t want to fully answer myself.

A question that makes me think about my years of experience in this field and makes me wonder why not just how

The question that I ask myself over and over again tonight is “Why do we lucid dream?”

Is it the thrill of power?
Control?
Is it the rush of being able to do anything you want?
Religious reasons?
The desire to be something different?
The desire to be a god?
To escape from the life that you are living to lead a different life without consequences?
Spiritual advancement?

They are all easy questions to answer, they are all personal and each person here will be able to adopt their own answer to this question, but my question goes further than this, I want to know WHY we lucid dream, not just the surface why but the real why

Why can we do it?

What part of us makes us realise that the world around us is not real, whether it be a fabrication of our minds, the astral planes, or anything else you want to call it, why is it that we have access to this?

Why do we not just fall asleep, let the brain go through its brain waves and heal store recover and rest and run, but instead we dream. The question is not why do we dream, its more than that, it’s why do we realise that we are dreaming?

Is it a glimpse of what this world is really about, realising the world around us is nothing more than a fabrication of our own minds, or a collective group of minds?
Do we have access to this ability to not just play, but to instead explore and question our very purpose?

Or is it just through years of evolution, a basic practiced skill has evolved to suit the world around us, is it a tool that many of us have forgotten how to use, a stress relief tool? a wish fulfilment tool that we were granted years apon years ago?

Or is it something more?

Is it that, by lucid dreaming, we are looking through the key hole of the door of our possibilities.

First off, the question you are posing is genius. It is realy my basic reason for being spiritual and not scientific. Answering why is much more difficult.

I however believe it is one of the deepest fabricated level of our existence. I think any aspect of the human shows design from a higher “something” The human eye is crazy. Reproduction is a miracle, and Lucid dreaming fits somewhere in with all the magical (lack of a better term) wonders of the world.

I find myself asking questions like this very much so. My history with THE CHURCH & ACID/LSD makes me a off-beat type of individual.

Sleep is something, and the fact we have a subconscious world to run around and play in is even crazier.

I think on a lower/deeper level it is GOD, YUP! GOD reaching out to show us there is more.

#1 Prayer/ Wish of ALL time “LORD give me a sign” (either for his existence or whatever). The thing is, in order to see them, people just need to have their eyes open or woken up (no pun intended).

I have so much more…

I would be interseted to read more about what you have to say, there is only so much that I can think about and understand without input and insight from others, please share if you wish.

Before LD’ing I was more scientific. I wasn’t exactly a total close-minded skeptic, but I didn’t think there was anything after death and that things like telepathy are real.

Lucid dreaming has opened my mind so much. I’m not really sure what I beleive in, but I don’t doubt anything anymore.

I’ve always thought a LOT about things like “the meaning of life”, since I was little. And I, for some reason, feel like Lucid Dreaming has something to do with that. For me at least :content: I have this gut feeling LD’ing is directly connected with something big.

desire

but desire for what? power acheivement to break outof the mold

Richie, this is probably one of your best posts :happy:

I love it. I can’t answer you, well, not like this not on the forum (maybe in a chat sometime … ) but I really love how you posed this Question.

And yes, I love this invitation to ponder on this. I will post a reply here too. First to ponder :smile:

In my opinion the real question comes back to the simple power of our minds. We have the ability to think in such a complex way that lucid dreaming is just an additional benefit that comes with it, not really intended nor dis-intended by evolution.

I think it is a way in which we can really start to understand the amazing features of existence in a more in-depth way.

All we know for sure is that one day we appeared here and from that point all we can do is learn. It’s a tool.

Thank you Q,

As always. I look forward to your wisdom, looking forward to hearing what you think.

Lizard King,

But all tools have a use, if it is to learn what is it to learn? and why did we devolp it, if it is so limit to such asmall amout of people?? intersting tho

One thing I think is interesting to think is that we’re “put” into this reality and we have rules and laws and many limitations. So it’s like we’re here for some purpose, maybe. But Lucid Dreams are a way to not make us feel like prisoners.

For example, let’s suppose “something greater” than us (God, Mother Nature or whatever) created and/or put us here for a reason. To learn and grow, perhaps, in a reality with certain rules. So LD’ing would be a way to temporarily get out of these rules. Hmm, not sure if I’m explaining what I mean very well.

It’s like here we can experience many things. In LD’s we can experience the rest, if we’d like.

I can follow that. What would life be WITHOUT limitations… dreams. And what would dreams be WITH limitations… life in a sense. Weird right??? There is something greater, much greater. Call it whatchu want, just don’t hide in ignorance thinking its yourself. I’m using lucid dreaming to escape/learn, and on some level Im sure the majority of you are too.

What is lucid dreaming aside from being aware?

I think that your question is fairly simple. we are given the ability to lucid dream, because we have the ability to be aware.

To properly answer your question, we must first answer another. “Why is it that we dream at all?” this question will always have different answers depending on who you ask. To me, becoming lucid in a dream is as simple as finding the answer to a math question… you just become aware of yourself and your surroundings. It’s a mental capacity of our brains.

Dreaming on its own is a deeper mystery to me than that of lucid dreaming…

I guess to answer that question, I would ask another question ( :grin: I know its annoying when I do that!) but what are the benefits of lucid dreaming?

I guess scientfic research might be able to answer that, but I think the benefits will differ from one individual to another. I have been pondering the question of whether we should lucid dream?

I truly believe there is no one right answer to your question, and the answers as to why we lucid dream will be as individual as the individuals who provide them.

Carnun, very insightful. Should We? or Shouldn’t we? Alot of these answers should be found within yourself. Either through faith, trial and error, or overall “gut” feelings. I am hung int he balance of mixing Lucid Dreaming and my Christian faith. By no means am I here to convert or argue. Basic scripture reads we were created int he image/likeness of GOD. I honestly, down to my sox, believe that Lucid dreaming is a “lost avenue” many people are simply out of touch with. It may be one of our most special abilities. Hence, it’s reasoning for being so esoteric (I learned that word today… means known by or practiced by few people). Use this gift, understand it is a two-edged sword. As most things are. I believe all things can be used to good or evil. Your intent and passions can very likely change any answer to the question “Why we can lucid dream” (Thus leaving it to be answered on a personal basis, and discussed un biased) What up God?

I agree with everything Lizard King said

I also wouldnt think that lucid dreaming is just restricted to humans, all animals that dream probably have the ability to do it.

As more people become aware of lucid dreaming and more people are doing it, it could be something used for thinking up new and great ideas as im sure many of you already do. It may be another step of evolution.

Could it be that the Creator went on a journey and made a way for itself to wakeup/escape if the experience got rough? I think we can conclude that the energy, power and talents we obtain from the Lucid Dreamins is of vital importance and benefit in the waking world. We also know that in the grand scheme of things, the PTB (society, ruling so called elite, et al) want to eventually eradicate all individuality and have us all in a virtual reality via the brainchip. They want only consciousness to be working in them and their psychopathic inbred offspring. Also they want to create/clone the human as a feat to their delusion of being god and for the purpose of carrying out their slave functions.

Is that why perhaps so many younger individuals at the present as opposed to the past (although we don’t have any concrete evidence) are lucid dreaming so easily? Is new consciousness that always enters the earth, a way to wake up the sleeping or entraped consciousness that exits on earth? Is this perhaps why in the mainstream astral projection, obe’s are more heavily disccused than simple, yet powerful and beneficial lucid dreaming?

mmm interesting points,

Personally I beleive that lucid dreaming is a greater mystory then just dreaming.

Dreaming could be a multiple of reasons, as most of you would know this can range from memory all the way to astral projection.

But lets say it is the sorting of memory, why would we then have the ability to be consciously aware of this, why is it that we can consioucly be right next to our sub c on the same level, and why is it that we can not do it on a normal level.??

Could it be that Mankind’s original state was Lucidity? Could the great fall be “falling asleep”? Again, Mankind somewhere in the past was hijacked mentally and emotionally. Could it be that throughout the generations, we have been genetically manipulated to phase out lucidity? Genetic manipulation can occur simply through the coding of words and experiences. Is this perhaps why when a person is severely traumatized they tend to sleep/go unconscious alot? Notice how you have to enforce the habit of going to sleep in children? Even then, they lay in bed awake for hours, until in time, through I geuss boredom/lack of stimuli eventually fall asleep. When you’re thoroughly excited and in love, you can go days without sleep. Generally when you’re feeling good and focused on RC’s you have more lucid dreams as opposed to when you’re feeling taxed/stressed. Again why can’t we go lucid or touch the sc when so called awake? We were pretty lucid when we were young and free. It’s over the years of collecting defeating messages through propaganda, TV, Songs, Books, Work, Other People, we become bogged down. Perhaps again, if we lucid dreamt every single night and brought that superb energy back upon waking, I’m pretty sure our energy would be so fantabulous, that all our desires would be manifesting rapidly. It happened that way when we were young, free and happy didn’t it? I geuss I’m trying to say, due to the covert manipulation of humans and the planet, things are backwards. If we were all lucid, there would be no need or shall I say, opportunity, for societal/governement/special cliques control.

I feel through lucid dreaming (touching our supreme greatness) is how we’re going to figure out all the whys and origins of Mankinds captivity and be able to free ourselves to live in Eternal Lucidity. I don’t think we could have such a vibrant, functioning planet/universe if there was not Eternal Lucidity. Now who is the Eternally Lucid Dreamer?

First off, I adore this topic. I frequently wonder about this myself, and it excites me to think that there is so much more to it than we first realise… I mean, it’s the one place where we are truely free, so surely there must be more to it that just our imaginations, as we are bound to our minds and cannot escape from the limits that our imaginations can envision.

I doubt that any of us will ever get a definate answer, and, I am unsure whether I would want a definate answer, as I believe that this is one of those questions that is much more fun to ponder about rather than know for certain.

I mean, as a child, weren’t stars and rainbows much more beautiful and magical before you knew what made them so?

Science fascinates me, and I would definately say that my mindset is rational based. (Often to my disgust… laughs) And I can understand why people like to know and understand this world; I know I do. Sometimes it makes the stars seem all the more magical.

But other times, I just love to fantasize about this amazing, beautiful, mysterious world that we are fortunate enough to inhabit, and wonder whether there is more. More than what science could ever tell us, more than the boundries of our imaginations allow.

What’s just beyond our field of vision? What are we missing out? Why do dreams always feel so amazing? Is it something we will ever know?

For once, I don’t mind not knowing. I don’t mind not being able to understand. Dreams are where I am comfortable, and at home, and if that means being part of something so wonderful, then I’m happy just being.

Power and freedom. It is as simple as that. But thats just one megalomaniacs opinion!