Why do we lucid dream?

Thank you Q,

As always. I look forward to your wisdom, looking forward to hearing what you think.

Lizard King,

But all tools have a use, if it is to learn what is it to learn? and why did we devolp it, if it is so limit to such asmall amout of people?? intersting tho

One thing I think is interesting to think is that we’re “put” into this reality and we have rules and laws and many limitations. So it’s like we’re here for some purpose, maybe. But Lucid Dreams are a way to not make us feel like prisoners.

For example, let’s suppose “something greater” than us (God, Mother Nature or whatever) created and/or put us here for a reason. To learn and grow, perhaps, in a reality with certain rules. So LD’ing would be a way to temporarily get out of these rules. Hmm, not sure if I’m explaining what I mean very well.

It’s like here we can experience many things. In LD’s we can experience the rest, if we’d like.

I can follow that. What would life be WITHOUT limitations… dreams. And what would dreams be WITH limitations… life in a sense. Weird right??? There is something greater, much greater. Call it whatchu want, just don’t hide in ignorance thinking its yourself. I’m using lucid dreaming to escape/learn, and on some level Im sure the majority of you are too.

What is lucid dreaming aside from being aware?

I think that your question is fairly simple. we are given the ability to lucid dream, because we have the ability to be aware.

To properly answer your question, we must first answer another. “Why is it that we dream at all?” this question will always have different answers depending on who you ask. To me, becoming lucid in a dream is as simple as finding the answer to a math question… you just become aware of yourself and your surroundings. It’s a mental capacity of our brains.

Dreaming on its own is a deeper mystery to me than that of lucid dreaming…

I guess to answer that question, I would ask another question ( :grin: I know its annoying when I do that!) but what are the benefits of lucid dreaming?

I guess scientfic research might be able to answer that, but I think the benefits will differ from one individual to another. I have been pondering the question of whether we should lucid dream?

I truly believe there is no one right answer to your question, and the answers as to why we lucid dream will be as individual as the individuals who provide them.

Carnun, very insightful. Should We? or Shouldn’t we? Alot of these answers should be found within yourself. Either through faith, trial and error, or overall “gut” feelings. I am hung int he balance of mixing Lucid Dreaming and my Christian faith. By no means am I here to convert or argue. Basic scripture reads we were created int he image/likeness of GOD. I honestly, down to my sox, believe that Lucid dreaming is a “lost avenue” many people are simply out of touch with. It may be one of our most special abilities. Hence, it’s reasoning for being so esoteric (I learned that word today… means known by or practiced by few people). Use this gift, understand it is a two-edged sword. As most things are. I believe all things can be used to good or evil. Your intent and passions can very likely change any answer to the question “Why we can lucid dream” (Thus leaving it to be answered on a personal basis, and discussed un biased) What up God?

I agree with everything Lizard King said

I also wouldnt think that lucid dreaming is just restricted to humans, all animals that dream probably have the ability to do it.

As more people become aware of lucid dreaming and more people are doing it, it could be something used for thinking up new and great ideas as im sure many of you already do. It may be another step of evolution.

Could it be that the Creator went on a journey and made a way for itself to wakeup/escape if the experience got rough? I think we can conclude that the energy, power and talents we obtain from the Lucid Dreamins is of vital importance and benefit in the waking world. We also know that in the grand scheme of things, the PTB (society, ruling so called elite, et al) want to eventually eradicate all individuality and have us all in a virtual reality via the brainchip. They want only consciousness to be working in them and their psychopathic inbred offspring. Also they want to create/clone the human as a feat to their delusion of being god and for the purpose of carrying out their slave functions.

Is that why perhaps so many younger individuals at the present as opposed to the past (although we don’t have any concrete evidence) are lucid dreaming so easily? Is new consciousness that always enters the earth, a way to wake up the sleeping or entraped consciousness that exits on earth? Is this perhaps why in the mainstream astral projection, obe’s are more heavily disccused than simple, yet powerful and beneficial lucid dreaming?

mmm interesting points,

Personally I beleive that lucid dreaming is a greater mystory then just dreaming.

Dreaming could be a multiple of reasons, as most of you would know this can range from memory all the way to astral projection.

But lets say it is the sorting of memory, why would we then have the ability to be consciously aware of this, why is it that we can consioucly be right next to our sub c on the same level, and why is it that we can not do it on a normal level.??

Could it be that Mankind’s original state was Lucidity? Could the great fall be “falling asleep”? Again, Mankind somewhere in the past was hijacked mentally and emotionally. Could it be that throughout the generations, we have been genetically manipulated to phase out lucidity? Genetic manipulation can occur simply through the coding of words and experiences. Is this perhaps why when a person is severely traumatized they tend to sleep/go unconscious alot? Notice how you have to enforce the habit of going to sleep in children? Even then, they lay in bed awake for hours, until in time, through I geuss boredom/lack of stimuli eventually fall asleep. When you’re thoroughly excited and in love, you can go days without sleep. Generally when you’re feeling good and focused on RC’s you have more lucid dreams as opposed to when you’re feeling taxed/stressed. Again why can’t we go lucid or touch the sc when so called awake? We were pretty lucid when we were young and free. It’s over the years of collecting defeating messages through propaganda, TV, Songs, Books, Work, Other People, we become bogged down. Perhaps again, if we lucid dreamt every single night and brought that superb energy back upon waking, I’m pretty sure our energy would be so fantabulous, that all our desires would be manifesting rapidly. It happened that way when we were young, free and happy didn’t it? I geuss I’m trying to say, due to the covert manipulation of humans and the planet, things are backwards. If we were all lucid, there would be no need or shall I say, opportunity, for societal/governement/special cliques control.

I feel through lucid dreaming (touching our supreme greatness) is how we’re going to figure out all the whys and origins of Mankinds captivity and be able to free ourselves to live in Eternal Lucidity. I don’t think we could have such a vibrant, functioning planet/universe if there was not Eternal Lucidity. Now who is the Eternally Lucid Dreamer?

First off, I adore this topic. I frequently wonder about this myself, and it excites me to think that there is so much more to it than we first realise… I mean, it’s the one place where we are truely free, so surely there must be more to it that just our imaginations, as we are bound to our minds and cannot escape from the limits that our imaginations can envision.

I doubt that any of us will ever get a definate answer, and, I am unsure whether I would want a definate answer, as I believe that this is one of those questions that is much more fun to ponder about rather than know for certain.

I mean, as a child, weren’t stars and rainbows much more beautiful and magical before you knew what made them so?

Science fascinates me, and I would definately say that my mindset is rational based. (Often to my disgust… laughs) And I can understand why people like to know and understand this world; I know I do. Sometimes it makes the stars seem all the more magical.

But other times, I just love to fantasize about this amazing, beautiful, mysterious world that we are fortunate enough to inhabit, and wonder whether there is more. More than what science could ever tell us, more than the boundries of our imaginations allow.

What’s just beyond our field of vision? What are we missing out? Why do dreams always feel so amazing? Is it something we will ever know?

For once, I don’t mind not knowing. I don’t mind not being able to understand. Dreams are where I am comfortable, and at home, and if that means being part of something so wonderful, then I’m happy just being.

Power and freedom. It is as simple as that. But thats just one megalomaniacs opinion!

The Great “FALL” is exactly that. Our “FALL” from perfection. Our “FALL” from grace (conscience (Right vs Wrong) not to be confused with conscious). The “FALL” of the seasons (Spring through Winter). The “FALL” of Night (Sun vs Moon).

*Lucidity is amazing, and I can very much believe it is our most natural state of being. No outside influences, utter control. It is the escape and control I feel as if people are longing for. Filling that “inner void”, so to speak.

We PLAY God

If EINSTEIN was right. Light controls gravity. The whole [Relativity Theory] summed up. Issac Newton was wrong. So it makes senses. That at night, behind the black safety of our “eyelids”, we can control light. We can bend it into our own constructed reality (i.e. dreams).

*Health, I believe, plays a vital role in all of this. Food, Water, & Air we can all agree upon as being the most vital parts to life. So why do we keep messing with it, as the human race. In order to obtain consciousness while I asleep I would imagine a person needs to be at peak physical condition. After all, why wouldn’t our body have to be healthy in both stages of consciousness.

Everything comes back to one solid point. We have fallen from grace (right and wrong) and the purpose of life lies in that statement. We are to try to fix it. On a personal level. And try to put forth the effort on the global front. As well as produce offspring of our own, instilling the knowledge that we have gained as we raise them. Get away from the clutter of life and enjoy the magic.

Life’s a Trip. Lose the Luggage

i think it falls in the same category as death ,life , and all the big ?s that noone can answer…in the end you come up with a theory or something that tears apart a little area in you mind bc in the end or deep down you realize that you are basing your whole life or idea on the faith that you have in yourself…were not perfect so find peace in not knowing…:basically no human is perfect so i will never put 100 % of my faith in their OR My words or ideas so why sould you" :smile: the hardest thing to admit in life is that sometimes you are 100% right and 100% wrong lol love

We lucid dream because we are explorers. Always searching, and learning.

to be in a world

and to explore it

so lucrative

the knowledge gained, in learning dream by dream
how the scenes are formed into our awareness

how the thoughts govern the process which manifests as a reality before us

you are not quite the same, if you find yourself conscious in a dream of knowledge, the kind of dream that humbles you, perhaps, makes you choose to wake up.

I usually think scientifically. I mean, look at anything around you, most of these things are scientifically explained. But then, there’s lucid dreaming…
I don’t think lucid dreaming is a coincidence, i think it is too perfect to be one.
Like mattias, I have a gut feeling lucid dreaming is connected to something big. Ok, this is only a theory: Perhaps lucid dreaming is a ‘minimized’ version of attaining nirvana? Or rather, perhaps gaining lucidity in a dream is a sleep, temporary version of attaining nirvana? I mean, the two things: lucid dreaming, and attaining nirvana, both have the same concept of ‘awakening’. In both cases, what follows is freedom:

• To do what we want (lucid dreaming)
  • From suffering (nirvana)
    It is really complicated to explain this, especially for me (13 year old, french), but I hope you understand.
    But for the moment, I think lucid dreaming is simply the result of hunger for freedom from our hard everyday lives (I still have many ‘gut feelings’, though…)

What I hope to use it for, escape reality. Some place where things go how I want it, and I don’t have to worry about anything.

All of the above :razz:

(to the author of this thread)

Why do you continuously use the term “lucid” as an adverb? You can say “I had a lucid dream” or you can say “I lucidly dreamed” but you cannot say “I lucid dreamed”.

I don’t mean to make a big deal, but it’s a terrible grammatical mistake that you made several times, and other people make lots of times to. I don’t get it.