One Superpower?

I’m a different kind of person. Usually unique and creative, but… on this I seem to be quite generic. I would either say telekinesis (mind over matter is quite intriguing) But if I had to pick one that didn’t affect other things/ people (which to me seems more practical) I would definitely say flying. Forget gravity, which essentially isn’t the problem, 747’s fly. Propulsion is the issue, i think lift is the proper term.

Funny thing about flying. Actually a few things, since your body is still just that of an ordinary mortal…

…you are still vulnerable to high altitudes, with the usually freezing, high-pressure, oxygen-starved conditions.

Okay, but the body would naturally adapt to that issue. Still, NORAD will not hesitate to shoot down unidentified flying objects. So, I guess if you could find a way around that, flying would be really cool.

(I’m sorry. That was not funny at all. I’m just being a jerk.)

mm…

Saving people from death is a good choice for me!

I mean, I’ve seen two people die…
So I would definitely like that!

Like healing, but better!

I was reading a forum on some other site, I think it was gamefaqs.com, but someone suggested the power of being able to “save” and “load” in real life. I would prolly choose that. I suppose that means you could just save at your birth and then load it when you were an old folk, and thus attaining immortality. If you think about it, though, saving and loading has a lot of intricacies that could happen with it.

I was just thinking a couple days ago about how cool it would be to have to power to manipulate probability fields? Just like Domino from Marvel Comics. (You’ll have tp click on the first icon, labeled in parentheses ‘Neena Thurman’. The URL won’t work with parentheses in the address, for some reason…)

Living in a constant state of good luck, whilst raining a havoc of bad luck upon the general public. In essence it is the ability to work miracles and directly control karma. But then the novelty factor of always being lucky would wear off. Then your actions cease to be about making life just a little better, and more about cheating.

:neutral:

I’m such a comic nerd. :razz:

I want to decide who lives and who dies.
Kidding.
Hmm, Teleportation? How about telepathy? Telekinieses?

i would like to control one of the elements

air or fire…water or earth
they all have their own strengths and weaknesses

^but none can match the unconstrained forces of chaos :bow: :devil:
Erm … what would be nice also : Absolute hearing … especially since I’m a musician :content:

Did you know that I actually have this ability for real? :tongue:

There are downsides with this ability Ill tell ya, its very hard to listen to music where the singer sings false :sad: but youre very good at music with this ability, I am happy that I have this :good:

i know what you mean … even with what i have it can get painfull :sadyes::nuu:

The two powers I always day-dream about is the ability to breathe underwater…
I love the oceans, the lakes and pools all so much.

Simply-I like water.
So breathing underwater would fit me perfectly. The only problem is all the lakes are frozen over and the Ocean is too cold…

The second one is the ability to travel through time.
I would travel through time, just to see the future, and then travel back.
Maybe even travel to the past, to see what my classroom looked like, or my bedroom.

Anyways, those are just the powers I daydream the most about.

Get scuba gear and a dry suit, and you’re set! Seriously though scuba diving is amazing, you should get certified.

Would it be cheating to request the abilities of a Q? (star trek)

Honestly though I find myself spending alot of time thinking about the possibilities of controlling time. I would send myself backwards so I could meet the great philosophers; Aristotle, Socrates, Plato. I could even meet Jesus. Now that would be amazing, although the language barrier would be a problem…

What i find quite interrresting is that (As far as i see )Nobody wished for the abbility to control other minds yet …

Maybe beacause they can do it already in their dreams ? :happy:

I mentioned it, extremely briefly, on one of the previous pages. Professor X.

:tongue:

But what hasn’t been mentioned is the ability to self-destruct. Just think of all those times you’ve wanted to spontaneously explode, but couldn’t.

It is the ‘be all, end all’ power. Not even time control can compare.

But that’s different
You will run out of air, and theres a possibility you could drown.
If I could breathe it, I could stay in the water as long as I wanted.

Besides, I wouldn’t have to put on the gear every time I went swimming.

I would have to go with healing abilities.

This one is easy, I want the power to have all powers, meaning I could basically change my atomic structure and just about everything that makes me up to adapt for certain powers.

If I could have one Ability. It would be to fortell the future of all the People that I love.

If I had any one super power, it would be teleportation (and the ability to make other people teleport by holding hands with them or something)

Only because I hate taking the bus everywhere all the time!!!

I’ve been thinking since I gave my one superpower answer & when you think about it. if you could fortell the future you wouldn’t need any other powers you could keep the things from happening I think… or do others of you have a different view?