LD4all Quest 41: Travel to another dimension!

LD4all Quest 41 - March 2009 - Travel to another dimension!
Author: pasQuale

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Travel to another dimension!
suggested by: lots of people :cheesy:
Even was a Lucid Challenge once, but now you can earn your wings :grin:

Quantum physics suggests there are many dimensions. Well, let’s explore some of them through our lucid dreams!

So, a Quite straightforward task, travel to another dimension. And see what it’s like there ofcourse.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid ( :tongue: )
  • Travel to another dimension!
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

How do you know you have entered another dimension instead of just a random dreamworld? Well, that’s up to you to decide. You may ask a DC for proof. But I think you will know yourself. In the end, you - the dreamer - are the judge of how successful you were.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips/suggestions for traveling

• jump through a portal
  • ask a DC to take you there
  • shout outloud in the dream: Take me to another dimension!

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• set your mind for this Quest
  • decide on how you will travel.

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Good luck !

and

Have fun!

yay! if i break my dryspell i’m gonna get this one for sure! i know just where to find an interdimensional portal in my dream world. (i’ve done this one before) or should i say WHEN i break my dryspell. (gotta keep that confidence)

Nice quest, always something suprising :tongue:

Yepp, I had it as a task in LD-challenge15 :razz: and now you can earn your wings here :yay: I hope it gets easier as a quest now :tongue:

Dude, Q, I love you ;D

P.S. Just wondering, did you receive inspiration from my last post in the big quest suggestion thread?
Edit: oh yeah, lol… Also my suggestion was to create one and fly there :tongue:

Woo awesome o_o will try this for sure.

Having come so close to stopping time I’m definatley gonna give this my bestest shot. Having my Lucid Bus take me on one of it’s shuttle rides might do the trick. :dream:

I tried doing it last night but no luck :sad:
Oh well, there’s still, like, 29 more days to try ;D

sounds trippy :spinning: … I will efinetly be in again this time :woo:

edit : for now I am not going to share this,

sounds like a great experience, eyelids, but were you lucid at all? and did you consciously attempt the Quest?

i was very lucid, and no,

Well, then you decide if you want to earn your wings for this one :smile:

gee i dunno,

i am just bedazzled at where i was and what i was learning,

If I would happen to get lucid for once, Ima take a failing Stargate and do some dimension jumping xD

Lucid Quest 41 Attempt #1

Angel Under Attack b[/b]

I woke up back in Angels appartment at Wolfram and Hart. :wow: (Angel Series 5) As soon as I walked through the door I realised that I was dreaming. :adored: The room was full of antique furniture and the wall in front of me was made entirely of glass. :mirror: We were obviously very high up like the 23rd floor or something like that. Outside the window and powering up to fire were 3 phosphoresant Zepplins. :unk: I thought to myself how much cooler these Zepplins were compared to the ones in ‘The Golden Compass’. :clock: The ray that they would fire would disintergrate us. :scared: I crouched down beside the wing backed 2 seater sofa and waited for the blast. :hide: When it didn’t come I poked my head round the front of it: they were waiting for me to show my face…

I don’t think I can justify this as a successful completion of the task because even tho I did equate the zepplins with an alternate dimension, I don’t think I actually visited one.

Nice, I just broke my dryspell! Now I can complete this and the new task in LD challenge 16! :cool:

great attempt Angelmouse! Looking forward to read next attempts :happy:

I did this 2 days ago. I became lucid, and remembered the Quest. I looked out of my bedroom window, it was all stars. I then wanted to go to another dimension, but I forgot what happened next!

Maybe your discovery was to grand to remember … ?

lol, that is another way of looking at it :grin:

And to become a bit more philosophical… what exactly would another dimension be? Maybe “the dream” is already another dimension, but we never realize! But this is not an excuse to count any LD as a completion of this Quest :tongue:

I was walking through a hallway, it was gray and dingy and there were a lot of DC’s and there were many doors. It almost seems that it was some sort of abandoned apartment complex, with roaches skittering out of the way. Some doors led to staircases that went no where, some led to partially furnished rooms that were in obvious disuse. I walked passed a bathroom with the door open and my reflection flashed as I passed by. I was exillerated- a mirror! I wanted to go through the mirror- past there I will find another dimension- though I wasn’t really very sure what that meant to me as i am not sure what another dimension would be like… I was expecting resistance but none came. I pushed my head through first and then my hands I was suprised to find that I had to be careful with my hands as the part of the mirror I was pushing through seemed sharp but around my head and neck it was smooth so I got my hands through quickly and pushed the rest of me through off of the wall on the other side. The other side was also an apartment type structure but more open and made of white and gold veined marble- cool to the touch. I picked up a dollar bill from the ground and looked it over. it was a $50.00 bill, It bore much similarity to our own but was a much more colorful note. the numbers were a glowing orange and red ink and in some sort of eastern ,Indian, Islamic? type of print The face on the bill was not one of our presidents but some sort of oriental leader with long flowing hair and beard and mustache- very much like a ruler from an ancient dynasty here on earth. I kept thinking to my self that the terrorists had won and the Islamic countries had taken over. I didn’t draw that feeling from my surroundings though, I felt at peace and as though this had been the way that things were for a very long time. I looked at the bill again and the words “In God we trust glowed orange” I felt alright and not afraid. It was like a melding of countries and peoples not an occupation or that they had taken over. The colored shifted slightly in hue all of the time and I thought that that was very clever and impossible to counterfeit. - I could see that I was very close to high mountains and that it was early fall. The grass was a vibrant green and the earth smelled cool and alive. I was asked to load a very large gondola and it began it journey up the mountain. I was among some very intelligent types, people that reminded me of Einstein - they were scientists and doctors and teachers all speaking but I could understand them. They didn’t move their lips- it was all very like much like the book (Men like Gods-by H.G. Wells) They communicated by talking with their minds. We reached the top of the mountain, I could see green valleys and farm land and the complex below. I was given the impression that they were leaving for the moon, because they had made their world unlivable or some disaster was coming quickly they were all very grave and concerned. I became bored with this and wasn’t afraid, I wanted to explore. I began to call for a dream guide and after a few calls I heard an answer but it was not much like his style to be so quiet about answering me. I went down a flight of stares into a basement area and the complex began to take on a dinginess again. I saw an old man working some bellows over a hot fire and he said he was who I was calling. I knew it wasn’t him and I was annoyed that he had sent a stand in. I told him aloud that I was annoyed and I just wanted to talk so he could stop treating me like some sort of groupie by avoiding me. The old man began to get angry and hostile I warned him that I would turn him into a little ball and roll him away if he got rude. He backed off and I headed back up the stairs. My children woke up from there nap and woke me up.

spam removed, please read guidelines ~ Q ~