MAGIC

ya, using Harry Potter spells would probably be easier than using the ancient language from Eragon.

Alright, so I tried this in my LD last night.

I didn’t really say anything, but my plan was to make a chip bag explode.
I jush swished my arms around, but instead of it exploding, a yellow beam of light went through it and it turned to stone. :grin:

I often ask an object to do whatever I want it to. Asking a desk to disappear, for example. It seems to work, and when I try to force things to change I wake up.

When I cast spells in dreams I do them without saying the spell. I think about what I want to do and it just happens. :content: It takes a lot of willpower though. Sometimes it doesn’t work, so I just move on to something else.

I imagine it as Briss (rhymes with swiss) - ing - ger ( the growling sound, grr)

ya, now that you say it thats how i pronounce it.

come on people! i now officialy resurrect this topic!!! :beer:

ha ha good one. expelliarmus!

I’ve summoned a fireball but when I threw it I made the explosion sounds from my mouth as if it wasn’t real and the DCs thought I was crazy.

I haven’t had the chance to do any magic yet but if I’m lucky tonight I’m gonna try some harry potter spells :happy:

hmm i find different methods of magic more believable then others, of all the fictional styles ive read about it hink eragons would be most realistic, compared to say harry potter thus it is easier to do in ld’s. Which seems more believable

Harry Potter: some people are born with the ability to use magic, it is quite random, if you can use magic you have to have a stick with some sort of feather or hair in it, and shout magic words which cause magic lights to come flying out of your stick and influence the world.

Eragon: certain people have a talent for it, it is more random, but if the person can use magic, he is tapping into his own energy or drawing energy from nature and other living things, the energy in magic cant come from nowere so it has to come from a life form, which through the casters body, can create a force that can affect the world, also because all spells take energy, you can not do crazy things like revive the dead or transform your own appearence

i find the second one much more believable so i find it easier to do in ld’s you may find the first one more believeable however so do what works for you

Having read all the hp books and 2 out of 3 eragon books( I haven’t gotten my hands on # 3 yet :sad: ) I must say I agree with you :content:

just to get some discussion going, which do you guys prefer? Harry Potter, Eragon, or is there some other kind :confused:

Charmed. I’m a boy I admit but I just love the show. I mean, no wands or spells (as such), just wave your hand and the enemy explodes/freezes/orbs.

never heard of that show…

I personally prefer Eragon. and the third book is the best so read it soon.Plus the magic is more realistic making it easier to imagine and perform in an LD.

definately true. like danielns13 said, Harry Potter magic is just random jets o light coming from sticks, and it takes no energy.

Eragon, on the other hand, draws energy from yourself and nature, and plus no sticks :content:

I’m planning on reading Eragon #3 during summer break :happy:

Brisingr is an awesome read, waiting for the 4rth book, which will be a while.

But even if you think eragon magic is more (which almost everyone does) it all comes down to what works in an LD, if you believe that it will sap your energy, you will dire in your dream, which will make you wake up, so if you have really big things to do, try making up your own magic, or try the harry potter method

i’ve never thought of it that way, but yeah, that’s totally true :wink:

and well you’re mentioning it, and I know it’s off topic (but hey, it’s my topic :tongue: ), but has anyone actualy died in an LD? :confused:

Eragon by far is better in my opinion.

When I read the first book, I successfully summoned the essence of silver! Was amazing and indescribable. That series has influenced many of my dreams.
The magic in eragon just seemed so much more influential and connected to me.

Yes it is, and is the 4th book really going to be called Empire?

/me waits for Snape to find this topic and kill us all. :scared: