NEVER had a dream...

Hello all. Im new to this forum. Thought I would look a little bit into this because Ive never had a dream in my life. Ive read that “everyone dreams” but just some people dont remember. Well, I dont beleive it, I just dont think I dream period. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing?

wow i cant imagine how amzing it will be when you have one :smile:

Perhaps it is insomnia?

Joking aside, try waking up in early morning tomorrow, a bit earlier than usual, because I frankly can’t believe that you just don’t dream either…

I don’t know, I’ve never heard of this, only people who don’t remember it. I’m pretty sure that this was impossible… but maybe it’s some sort of brain defect? I’m sorry but if you honestly don’t I think that may be the only explanation…

Tried waking myself early, or in the middle of the night. Have tried a few different things. And yeah I just dont think I dream period… have never remembered anything when waking up… nothing at all. The only time I have ever woke up and “thought” I was dreaming, was after a night of name of mushroom removed. Substances are only allowed to be discussed if they are safe, legal and freely available :moogle:. But even then, couldnt recal a thing, just had a feeling when awoke.

Have you tried anything like a dream diet, or vitamen b6?

If you keep telling yourself that you never dream and never remember dreams … then you won’t remember them.

I suggest that

1. you wake in the night and tell yourself that you WILL remember a dream (and really believe it)
  2. don’t jump out of bed right away in the morning … spend some time just lying there and see if any dream fragments come to you.
  3. if this doesn’t work then try altering the time your alarm goes off by half an hour or so. when you wake up in REM it is a lot easier to remember the dream.

The reason you dream is REM, so if you don’t actually dream, you aren’t sleeping properly and could possibly… die.

No Dreams = Minimal/no REM = Sleep Deprivation

Sleep deprivation is worse than food deprivation and you’d be legally insane if not dead.
I could have mixed up my facts, but without REM, you would eventually reach that point.

Do you have any eye problems?

try to destress, and lay in bed for a bit and let you naturally wake up. before you sleep say i will remember my dream agai nand again until you fall asleep. hope it helps.

Not true! Though it is true what you’ve read, everyone dreams but you just don’t remember yours.

EVERYONE dreams :wink:

Not entirely true, just if you don’t you’ll probably grow insane and die…

I have a friend who also believes that he has nights where he does not dream. I find that hard to believe, and I do think that a lot of people just don’t remember their dreams.
I’d just suggest looking over as much of the dream recall material on LD4all as you possibly can, trying some of it, and seeing where it takes you.

I also have nights when I do not dream at all and believe me, I have tried anything to remember and simply there isn’t something to remember.

hmm i don’t know about that :

is there study on REM deprivation ?

Well… maybe you just don’t dream ?..

Every human is a different thing. Don’t worry if people tell you all sorts of nasty things. If you feel good, you’re good…

How old are you ? If I may ask

You might wanna try meditating as you drift off to sleep, making a recorded tape which suggests that you will remember your dreams, maybe try getting into a hypnotic state and triggering back a memory etc… if you get nothing after a couple of weeks of experimentation and you can’t recall any dream you had, then most probably you just don’t have them . That’s just the logical assessment.