Blood in dreams

hmmm, makes sense to me. :grin: but it’s weird, because I’ve seen blood in movies and such, and I have seen blood…

I haven’t seen any blood in my dreams, either. I have seen some pretty gory and disgusting things IRL, so I guess that it’s a little surprising that I haven’t had any dreams that reflect that.

Still, I think that Hollywood’s partly to blame for the lack of blood (at least for me). I’ve seen a fair amount of bloody films, but I’ve seen a LOT more movies where people get shot with little/no blood. Once you see violence in a particular way, it’s hard to imagine it being any other way.

Ugh… my mother has a serious bloodlust when it comes to [horror] movies. The majority of the movies I watched in my childhood were saturated in gory, gratuitous violence. It may also be worth mentioning that my mother’s side of the family has a chronic issue with violence themselves… No need to elaborate.

Oddly enough, nightmares are something of a rarity, for me. Even violent dreams, in general. But in its gritty presence, there is plenty of viscera and blood. And it never seems to be lacking, nor in excess. But, just enough to keep it close to reality. Perhaps too close.

Dreams involving blood are often more realistic than my other dreams. (Well, other than the dreams I have that involve me performing my daily routine…)

I can’t remember the last time I had a particularly violent dream…or any dream with blood in it for that matter!

Wow, I never even thought about that before, good on ya! (Though now I’m prolly gonna dream about blood everywhere :tongue: )

I had read this topic before I went to sleep last night… and I had a very violent and very bloody dream! I am not sure if it was influenced by this topic or the fact that I was playing a very violent and bloody computer game (F.E.A.R.) last night too. :content: In the dream I was running around being attacked by everything, but I managed to defend myself in a particular violent and ruthless manner, mutilating and destroying anything that stood in my path. I was unstopable! Yay me :shy:

i can’t remember having blood in my dreams. i mean, i’ve thrown a butchers knife at a guys ribs and he just pulled it out without bleeding. i’ve even had horrific dreams where my eyes or teeth have fallen out, and nothing.
maybe we don’t see enough blood in real life to see it in our dreams?

No one bleeds in my dreams. Even if I act very violent, it’s strange… like beating rag dolls or so.

I hardly ever have violent dreams, but iv had three in particular where i’ve[/center] killed people. and there’s never any blood. but i’ve never realised that fact until i saw this forum

many people seem to not have blood. and I thought I was the only one :tongue:

I always have dreams with fights and gunfire, but now that I think of it it’s rare for me to see blood as well. I don’t have any problems with it - I love horror movies or violent games, which really makes me wonder.

I’ve also seen the sword slash/gunfire with no blood at all.

I don’t see blood either. I don’t really have any violent dreams, because to me that would be a nightmare. My dreamcatcher keeps them all away. :smile:

Blood in dreams isn’t that common for me, but it does appear at times. (such as when a velociraptor sinks its teeth into the throat of the guy next to me, or one time when I was dying in a pool of my own blood) IRL I tend to be disturbed by the sight and smell of blood. (I have some nasty memories attached to both)

It has happened that no blood flowed when it should have. But it has also happened that it did. It doesn’t come up that often.

I had a dream with blood this morning, but I couldn’t see it, I could only feel it. It was cold :bored:

Anyway, this topic might have helped create the blood… :tongue:

I’ll post one of my dreams here since the main theme of it was in fact blood.

The dream begins with me and a couple of friends sitting in a couch in my room. We talk and I flirt with one of my female friends. I get rejected and the whole situation takes an extremely embarrassing turn. I get quite troubled and put my head between my legs and close my eyes in some futile attempt of escaping the embarrassment.

When I look up again, the room is darker and all my friends have left. I assume that I had fallen asleep. I see something strange in my bed and slowly walk up it and find a bloody tampon lying there. Disgust fills me as I see another trail of blood all the way up to my pillow. I lift it and find a big round stain of blood.

I now think that maybe one of my friends had slightly hurt himself and that they all left because they didn’t want to take responsibility for the mess. I continue into the hallway next to my room only to find my bedspread lying along the wall, and its completely covered in blood. I now start to panic, someone must have got hurt really bad here while I was sleeping.

While I stand there unable to really comprehend the situation my father comes along the corner, walks up to me and begins to yell: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? and similar questions. I try to explain that I had some friends over and that I then fell asleep. That I have no idea what have happened. He doesn’t seam satisfied with the answer but walks away mumbling trying to clean up the mess.

I walk further into the house and notice something lying out of the bathroom, its a rolled up carpet, with a pair of feet sticking out from it. Even though it was somewhat expected with the blood and all i get totally devastated, I draw the conclusion that my friends have murdered someone and dragged him into my house while I was sleeping.

This crescendo of blood made me all dizzy and confused but at the same time it made me determined to find out what the hell happened.

I walk into the bathroom and find another person, but this one is only hurt not dead. He sits against the wall and my father stands over him, mending his wounds. I walk closer and he looks upon me, and… He is my father. So here I have my father being hurt, sitting on the floor with my father standing and mending his wounds. Luckily I get lucid, partially because that’s what usually happens when I have really intense nightmares but also because duplicates of my father have occurred before in my dreams and they now work like dreamsigns.

Although I have become lucid, the dream still have quite a negative touch to it. Both my fathers are staring at me, the hurt one with a sad look on his face and the other one with an accusing look. So I decide to leave this dream behind and use my lucidity for some fun. I walk to the front door and when I’m about to open it, I realize I have only my bathrobe on. But then I remember that it’s just a dream and I drop the robe to the floor and walk out butt-naked.

Its a warm outside, a beautiful spring morning. With apple trees blooming and birds singing. I enjoy it for a second and then watch my hands, knowing that they will be strange due to this being a dream. My left hand have 6 fingers with the 2 in the middle being much shorter then the others, at the same time they are constantly changing length so it’s hard to determine. My right hand is split in the middle, with an axis from my middle finger with the two sides of my hands stretched out 2 - 3 dm from the axis, looking like some graphical bug in a poorly programmed videogame.

I now try to remember what I want to do when I’m lucid. I remember that I want to walk through a mirror, and fly. So I begin to fly, heading for my summer place where I know we have mirrors. But the flying is quite difficult, its much like in the game Mario 64: I get up a bit but then slowly go down, never being able to reach a good and safe altitude. While struggling with the flying, I loose my lucidity, and end up landing to grab a snack at a taco-kiosk. While standing in line to get my taco, I wake up.

Now I’m not a very active member on this forum, and I’m not sure it’s allowed to post dreams in this way. But I thought since it fitted the topic so well and I don’t have a dream journal here I might as well do it.

Last night I had a dream where I was observing a wolf kill and eat a red fox it had found. While it was eating, an elk came up next to the wolf and began lapping up blood from the fox carcass. :bored:

cool dreams, thanks for sharing :content:

I don’t really have violent dreams, so I’ve never thought about blood in dreams before. But the other night I had a ND in which I was lugging around a huge vat of blood in a bizarre attempt to save someone’s life. I kept stirring the vat to keep its contents from coagulating, and I was also concerned about an iron deficiency. The blood was much thicker than water and dark red in color.

I usually have blood in my violent dreams, and there’s quite a few of them. :tongue:
Mostly it’s derived from IRL though, i.e the blood splatters just like in Dark Messiah and it looked just like Sweeney Todd when I slit that guys throat.
Though I can recall one strange dream where a load of people got gunned down with steel darts but there was absolutely no blood anywhere. :eek:

Come to think of it, I have never seen any blood in my dreams. I think in my next LD Ill beat the hell out of DC while shouting… “Bleed, bleed damn you!!” No I cant hurt my DCs