Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part IV

Okay guys! Sorry for not being active in the forum XD I’m currently in Hong Kong on a holiday so yeah just got the internet working in my laptop.

During the first night I woke in the middle of the night at 3 am because my wound on my finger started to itch. So I talked to them lol. Desmond did relieve the itching alittle somehow o,o" He just say to believe in the mind and everything will be fine.
After that I fell asleep . My dream is pretty much violent LOL.
I dreamt I was the son (omg I’m a guy?!) of a rich man who run a very successful furniture store LOL. I was actually doing a business behind “my father” 's back secretly competing with a rival company. Just as me and “my friend” exited our hotel room we saw boards placed neatly on the wall (somehow this trigger a warning sign that their warning us to watch out that there are killing us)
So my friend decided to press the lift and then pressed 66 so as to trick the enemies before we take the staircase exit. To our surprise, a killer was waiting at the staircasefor us! He started whacking my friend till she’s unconcious then he pushed me down to the ground. He stabbed me multiples of time lol and seems to enjoy it. I was really terrified but just than I somehow wasn’t that character anymore I was just seeing it from a birds-eye view while Desmond spoke to me. I didn’t see him though only heard his voice from my right ear (since both of their voices are smiliar I made Thunzar to speak through the left ear while Desmond takes the right)
Desmond was trying to soothe and calm me down by saying, “Don’t be scared Melody it’s only just a dream, you will not be hurt, we will protect you!”
At this point I think Thunzar got hurt or something cause from my left ear he let out a sound of pain lol XC

Then… I woke up o.o"

When I asked Thunzar he said he was hurt by the killer lol… somehow I guess he took my role and became the person who got stabbed? Anyway, he has healed all right up thanks to Desmond’s healing power XD I really gave both of them a big bear hug after all that XD

This shows that… they really cared about me XD :woo:

Is feeling happy after typing XD
Alright I gotta sleep now goodnight guys~!

Wow cool! I was born in HK :wink: How is it?

It’s nice that your characters came to your rescue! Very cool that you can keep up casual interaction so easily C:
Why not start a dream journal? That way all of your dreams with them can be in one place-- Ofcourse, you should always come back and update us too :happy:
Good going! Waiting to hear more!
~Happy lucids,
Tal

The locals are friendly when asking for directions and the food there is very nice ( I put on 2 kg after 5 days x.x)

It’s sounds like splendid idea to keep a dream journal online XD
Okay, I will still keep you guys updated don’t worry~! XD

Great to hear! :3
Hope to hear from you soon! :3 You inspire me to do more with my lucid dreaming :3 Which is great cause’ I haven’t been too motivated ^^;
Thanks!

~Happy lucids!
Tal

i just wanted to say that you might have created the most fun tech./method ever. i LOVE having DC’s!–friends wherever i go ^^. so far, i have two. bobby and jack, with jack being the most recent.

Bobby: You hear that, Jack? I was first! :razz:

Jack: Grrrrr…

Bobby: ;O_O;

bobby was an imaginary friend i had some months ago…i sort of lost connection with him back in october–

Bobby: Yeah, when you FORGOT to share your Halloween candy!!

–so i thought i’d bring him back.

jack was a random demon i created in the middle of my japanese class…i don’t really know where he came from :confused:. it took me all day to talk to him, because he was playing hide-and-seek–i had to send bobby into the deeper parts of my mind to find him… despite his intimidating appearance, he’s very friendly…and loves to do me favors, as long as i never take advantage of that ;D.

Jack: If I help you get lucid tonight, you owe me seafood.

;

i’ll try to show pictures, but i can’t find the camera. >_<

Bobby: Your mother probably has it. It’s hers, after all.

Jack: Do you HAVE to know everything??

Bobby: Jealous >=D

Jack: Don’t make me come over there.

[yeah…bobby’s a bit afraid of jack]

Bobby: Oh, sure! Tell the WHOLE world!! D:<

Hey, Crooked, it’s nice to see how much you three are like a family. Perhaps you should get Bobby some candy to make up for halloween? :razz: Be sure to check in often and give us updates okay?

wow, somebody posted. usually, it’s really quiet whenever i post. O.o

but thanks. :smile: i tried going lucid last night by talking to bobby and jack as i was sleeping, but they both ended up falling asleep [laziness is a common problem among us], but we got a good night’s sleep.

Bobby: It was Jack’s fault. I was going to help, but he told me he’d handle it…and he fell asleep!

Jack: You should have woken me up!

Bobby: You’re so grumpy when you get woken up–I don’t need any injuries, thank you very much.

anyways, though, i thought we’d just chat every now and then today. bobby is still a bit puppet-like–

Bobby: I take offense to that.

–so i’m trying to talk to him more. jack seems well-developed, but he could still use some work.

Jack: You make it sound like I need surgery >>.

i’m still trying to find that dumb camera. -_-

Aww, but that’s about how it goes for me as well. They say my dreams are too hard for them to get into, and when one of them managed to make it finally, she was only 6" tall in the dream. DX

Mostly though we just chat IWL and every now and again I’ll meditate and ‘step into’ their world.

talking to them IWL is amazing. i can sit on the school bus, or in my desk, and i start talking to them; after a few minutes, it’s like i’m talking to someone on the phone. i’ve spaced out so many times…thank goodness my teachers haven’t noticed. :open_mouth:

Bobby: It’s your fault if you get in trouble. We take no blame.

Jack: I blame Bobby.

Bobby: Just because you talk less–

Jack: You talk too much!

bobby actually does talk more than jack, mostly because all jack does is growls–

Jack: Hey, I can do more than growl, you know.

–so bobby does most of the talking.

i say that i’ll give up on lucid dreaming for the weekend, and concentrate on remembering my dreams. what say you, guys?

Bobby: If Jack doesn’t fall asleep again.

Jack: I told you to wake me!! >:O

Bobby: …Get rid of your claws and your teeth and three of your tentacles, and then we’ll see.

Jack: Wimp.

it’s so much fun to hear them argue. they could go on for hours ^^.

Jack: Grrrrr…

Bobby: No comment.

Jack: That WAS a comment :razz:

Bobby: Shut up.

Hey Crooked! Nice to see you up in the CALD thread! :smiley:
I’m glad things seem to be meshing well, as Wolvendeer said :3

Keep us updated on your progress! But Bobby and Jack should try and really chat more actively at the character chats-- The CALD thread is discussion on technique and progress :3 It’s nice to have a place where all the chars can stay, and if makes it easier to scan for progress!
You have the link, I’ll see you there!

~Tal

oh, yes, sorry about that. :slight_smile:

update:
so, bobby’s in a bit of a mood, because he got mad with me, and now i forgot why, which only makes him want to avoid me more. jack is good, he’s trying to reason with bobby, so i am sitting here while they discuss me. O.o

i’m trying to have at least one lucid dream, so i can talk to them better. then afterwards, they can help me go lucid more often and we can hang out more. jack really wants to explore a haunted house [i dislike horror, so it will be a not-super-scary haunted house] and bobby wants to create an island for us to meet in LD’s [after he’s done being mad at me, that is].

Great to hear! [Not about Bobby’s mood, but the good plans ahead :3]
I’m glad you’re so motivated to get lucid! It can be thrilling, but I’m sure you realized that already :3

Remember, variety is the spice of life! I think every member of LD4ALL that has tried CALD has always used other methods as well. It’s been acknowledged that CALD is rather character-development heavy, and that lucidity is a nice product that can come from use of CALD :3.
It’s definitely something that’s more useful in conjunction with other methods, though it can be used on it’s own. Much like WBTB.

I personally usually only get DILDs myself, but I used frequent reality checks as my way into lucidity. Characters can be helpful in reminding yourself to do reality checks, just so that it becomes routine, even in dreams. :3
Look into other methods you might like to use as well! I promise it can be fun to set your mind on doing something, with the challenge of excecuting mostly thought (or there lack of) based methods :3

I hope you come back to us with an update of lucidity! Good luck!

~Happy lucids,
Tal

yes, i am using WBTB method, and i found an interesting website that suggested i take a dream i just had [after waking up in the middle of the night from WBTB], re-write the ending so that i notice a dreamsign/do a RC/become lucid, and then concentrate on that as i fall asleep. MILD? or something else, idk.

i hope that jack and bobby can help me remember to do RC’s throughout the day, because i usually forget… just for a couple days, until i can do it naturally.

so yeah. i’ll try out the LD method tonight, and see where it gets me. i’ll probably do FILD if this doesn’t seem to be working well.

Cool. :3 You definitely do your research! I think you might be the sort to introduce interesting information about CALD into things if you care to :3

Who knows, maybe someone around here will become the next writerscube-prodigy :razz:

~Tal

sure, if anything comes up, it will definitely be posted here.

xD

now i’m all hyped-up about going to bed, lol. :happy:

Great! :3 G’night :3

oh, i’m not going to bed yet, but okay: future g’night. :slight_smile:

bobby’s calmed down…i’ll probably talk to him in a few minutes, to let the steam out, and we can go back to being best friends. :happy:

…i hope bobby isn’t still mad at me. i’m feeling really sleepy now…could be his doing. -_-

Hehe hello Crooked!

C.A.L.D is amzing isn’t it? ^^ grins
I do spaced out in class too practically anytime lessons go too boring, it’s a great way to pass time Xd

My two characters I actively talk to are Thunzar and Desmond~
Both are cool =D Desmond been that protective/homely/daddy and Thunzar the …wild…protective…crazy… kinda person XD The way Bobby and Jack talk is almost the same as me talking to Thunzar XD We love to argue :d
It’s really lovely have dreams with them in or at least their voices LOL^^

In a recent lucid dream after listening to a lucid mp3 audio before falling asleep, I tried to spawn Thunzar( his the first one who came in my mind, sorry Desmond ><) . He did appear alright but his as short as an elf?! o.O His suppose to be 185 … he didn’t talk to me though LOL ><

So, for how many people has this actually worked? I heard somewhere it doesn’t work that good. Prove me wrong?!

Me~! :woo:

2/4 dreams worked~

The remaining 2 was uncalled for, I was having nightmare in both dream and both of them saved me :happy:

One was a fused between them sorta like wolverine ( I know it’s them because there was streaks of blonde( Desmond’s colour) against black (Thunzar’s) haha and the clothes too half half. They came and slashed the ““spirits”” away ^^

In the second nightmare, I heard Des’s voice telling me that it is a dream and nothing to be afraid of, so yeah :happy:

This topic continues here :cool: