How Common is LDing?

:eh: I was just wondering and tried to look it up online but how common is LDing in the main population. Is it something that happens often? Because people I talk to seem to think I might be alittle :crazy: crazy or they just don’t seem to interested. I have not met anyone other then on this website that has had an LD.
QUESTION: Have you talked to anyone outside the internet in RL that also has LD’s? :peek:

My daughter has had one or two LDs (she thinks they are nothing special … so they must have been low lucid)
My mum and eldest sister had/have the ability to know a dream was boring and be able to change it like clicking over to a tv channel but would then lapse into a normal dream again.

Outside of this forum, i don’t know anyone interested in LDs. My little brother is the only person that knows the extent of my dreaming research. At times, he was very interested and even attempted a DJ a couple times. I told him to wait until he can read his own handwriting :gni: . Sooner or later, i think he may be a member on this board. It’s strange how every person on the planet dreams but they take such little notice of them…

Three of my friends are LD-practitioners. Two signed up here, but aren’t active.
A couple of my cousins LD a lot, but they don’t try, but they love it when it happens.
It’s not at all unpopular in my circles.
Another friend has had LDs before, he enjoyed it, but he doesn’t LD often, nor does he try.

I’m still having problems talking my parents into buying me a book to use as a DJ…

Most of my friends are interested in lucid dreaming, and several of my friends are naturals. One of my brothers also had lucid dreams now and then. Surprisingly, no one has looked at me like I’m a crazy person when I’ve told them about lucid dreaming, and some people that I hardly know even found it interesting.

Ive tried to tell my friends and people I know, but they reject it and say Im insane :grrr: because they dont want to believe it :confused: Thats why Ive given up on even asking.

But some of my relatives know LD’s are possible (never asked if they had an LD :wink: )

My husband knows I have LD’s but I think he thinks that it is all a dream that I just think I am in charge, he doesn’t really get it. :eh: So I don’t really mention them to him anymore. When I had ND in the past I use to wake up and start talking about them. He said that is the one thing he will always remember about me… waking up and talking about my dreams. :happy:

My mom’s had one or two.

I think i’m going to ask my mom if anyone in our family has had LD’s. Do LD’s in run in the family?

I’ve told people I know about it before, but they don’t really care. A couple people asked a few questions and were sort of interested, but not really enough to do more research. Most of them just ignored me and looked at me like I was crazy :tongue:

I think that unless you have had a LD it is hard for someone really to understand the feeling of Freedom, Amazement and Awe that comes with a LD. :content: It’s like believing in magic. :wizard:

I was talking about LD’ing to a friend and some weeks later she had low LD. But she is not really interested.
Another friend of mine had a LD some days later when I was talking about it - but it was a low lucidity and it was a nightmare he couldn’t stop - since he doesn’t practice anymore; even his dream recall he doesn’t practice anymore. (maybe because of all the nightmares he prefer not to remember them)
Another one used to fight agains her DC monsters when she was a child ‘because she knew she was dreaming’, but now she is not a ‘active’ dreamer anymore.

Most of the people I know are not really interested - they say I’m crazy, at least they think I already was and don’t want to believe what I say now too, lol. :grin:

Sounds like my dad…
That’s what he said about it.

I’m still happy that I have three friends who LD!
The rest think I’m insane.

not that common, but not unheard of. i think that if people do hear about it they say, oh wow that would be fun. buut then dont commit themselfs to actually trying anything. my friend said that it would be fun, but didnt try anything. my brother the same, and my sister and parents arent that interested.

My friend is a natural at it… He says he has them all the time.

I rage in silent jealousy.