Lucid Dream Tea

from the product description:

Lucid Dream Tea
24 Tea Bags

Handpicked by canoe in the algonquin wilderness, sweet gale is a light flavourful herbal tea which is said to enable one to have more memorable dreams.

TRADITIONAL USES:

* Stomach ache
* Fever
* Bronchial ailments
* Liver-blood tonic

INGREDIENTS:

SWEET GALE (Myrica Gale)

Lucid Dream Tea can help you remember your dreams, or to dream with others, try a cup as you go to bed. Lucid dream tea is not a sedative but has an immediate calming effect.

INGREDIENT TRADITIONAL USES:

Leaves are used traditionally as a light flavourful green tea, and its seed nutlets as sage or bay like cooking spice. Sweet Gale leaves were dried to perfume linen and make candles because of its beautiful fragrance. Also used to allay thirst.

Astringent, diuretic, and emetic properties have been scientifically recognized.

They don’t mention any lucid dreams, only more memorable dreams.

edit:
searched for Myrica Gale in wikipedia - and they do mention it enhances lucidity of dreams :smile: So, who knows :smile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrica_gale

but beware, it’s dangerous to take if you are pregnant!

It’s on the red list in BE and NL, so I can search it but I may not use it.
Anyways I believe you will have more result with other herbs, even some you can find in the forest.

Sorry Mods… love ya :smile:

anyways…what does the red list mean? oh and what about Calea Zacatechichi tea? the dream herb.

So Sweet Gale, it’s dangerous to take if pregnant… i’ll have to wait, but do you happen to know if its okay while breastfeeding?

And I have also had great results with Mugwort…

“Sweet Gale - Myrica gale - Do not use internally in pregnancy or while breast-feeding.”

thanks!

The red list in BE and NL means that the plants are protected so you have to leave them alone :smile: (for all the plants from the red list, for those who can speak dutch: nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nederlands … t_(planten) But it seems that at other places they still grow much - not protected either, since you can buy tea of those. :eh:

I have dream herb, but my plants are not ready yet to make some tea of it - so I can’t tell you if it works. Someone I know tried it and he had a very vivid dreams, while normally he is a guy who doesn’t dream that much - or not at all.
There is an other plant I had lucid dreams with, but that plant is not legal in BE and NL - so I may not discuss it here. :tongue:
It can be a placebo too though, - I can’t tell you until I try it out (I mean, the dreamherb). :smile:

Other herbs you can use are mugwurt and melissa officinalis. Mugwort you can find at some forest, melissa you can grow in your own garden. (like I do :smile: ) Both are legal plants. :grin:

Is this the same as dream herb, which is mildly psychoactive when smoked? My friend smokes something he calls dream herb to enhance his dreams (or listen to the crickets… :roll: ). He buys it online (it’s legal in the US). If it’s the same thing then it would be safer to take as a tea.

Yeah I believe you can drink or smoke dream herb(Calea Zacatechichi).
So no one has tried the lucid dream tea? Maybe I should order it and share my results. :wink:

I smoked it once but didn’t go to sleep until hours after. There was nothing special about my dreams that night, I can’t remember if I lucid dreamed (but then again I have lucid dreams frequently enough that I wouldn’t have been excited enough to remember if I had lucid dreamed or not now), but the effects had probably worn off by then anyways. My friend says it does give him vivid dreams, but like I said he smokes it which often gives a more pronounced effect than drinking tea (although the effects of ingestion would last longer).

if you do a search for calea, it will come up, it has been discussed in the past.
And please discuss calea in there then, so this topic will stay only for the “lucid dream tea” and that herb. :smile:

edit: here you are: the BIG calea topic

So I ordered some Lucid Dream Tea last night. I will let you guys know when it arrives.

So the Lucid Dream Tea came in today I will start experimenting tomorrow night.

Go go go! :woo:
I wonder if it will work. :smile:

So last night I tried it. It has a nice very calming effect :wink:. But it didn’t seem to have such a great effect on my dreams because I did not remember much but I think that was because I slept like an hour after drinking it and I only slept like 7 hours. Perhaps I’ll have better luck tonight. I do recommend it just for the flavor and the calming effect it is great before bed.

just gotta say some things about Myrica gale…
in my country this plant is quite usual. usual enough for the “folk medicine” to have a few interesting things to say about it. for example, it has been used for abortions. and it has been used when home-brewing beer - a certain amount of this plant made the beer stronger and added a little psychadelic twist to it. nowadays, this kind of beer isn’t produced any more and it is actually said that it is dangerous to ones health, the plant has an intoxicating effect.
the wax that the plant contains, is poisonnous, thus the plant is dangerous to health.

i am a bit skeptical, here, that which is psychedelic is usually very thoroughly prejudiced against for no good reason, because it is not conducive to capitalism ,

thankfully we have the internet to come to the right perceptions about plants

for instance, and please allow me to write this : the laws scheduling MDMA were based upon a study where animals were deliberately given meth, which killed them, in order to justify somehow MDMA causing brain-damage,

and with the kava herb , any amount of toxicity is due to using the leaves rather than just the roots, which are perfectly fine and detoxify the body (unless you are using a kava elixir with alcohol in it, which is not a good idea) ,

that people, could scrutinize something as peaceful and simple as kava as being worthy of slightly regulating or issuing warnings about, when you can go buy beer in stores, is ludicrous, as we know alcohol erodes the lining of the stomach and harms brain cells, etc.

if you want to edit my post then i will change it and not mention the drug in the middle by name, and be more vague , i feel this is a prudent discussion.

pharmaceutical industries absolutely hate nature because it often contains cures far simpler than their complicated drugs, and they have scheduled certain vitamin supplements as being illegal drugs so that they could make a pill which is the same thing as the vitamin supplement for quite a lot more money.

great scrutiny must be used when coming to conclusions about any form of medicine, plant, herb, because of all the deliberate profit oriented lying that occurs (on both sides)

the biggest woe here is that once something has been demonized by the devils running money and waging wars, its good qualities are very challenging for society to embrace, and sometimes it is completely and fully good and useful!

The company who makes this tea says it is not toxic. Perhaps wild sweet gale is poisonous(minor-ly) but the tea is safe.

[quote=“pasQuale”]

not a sedative but has an immediate calming effect
the CALMING effect can also be used in O.B.E.'s, and WILDs!
having a wild is suprisingly alike to an O.B.E., the only difference when going into a WILD through waking sleep paralysis,(most effective method, along with WBTB) is focusing on wether the body, or mind.

focusing on the mind=WILD

focusing on body=O.B.E.

but the main topic im trying to say, is that the calming effect of this tea your talking abut can be used to try sleep paralysis, becousee to go into an O.B.E., you need to relax for a long time, in one position, for a long time, so it takes alot of relaxation! :eek:

This is not intended as a fowl joke, but I find another herb helps with the dreaming…