Different styles of flying

wow there’s probably more written in this one thread then there is in complete compilation guides for become lucid in the first place. anyway keep up the good work and I am absolutely loving some of these techniques the amount of imagination is through the roof and hopefully the same will be so with my flight path :smile:

PS: I’ve not managed to fly yet however it looks like there’s plenty to try in this field.

What about flying on a broom, I mean like Harry Potter or some kind of a witch. Has anyone tried this one?

yeah iv done that. Harry potter’s firebolt, god it was fast. i reckon about 120 mph cus iv done 110 in a car irl and it was faster than that but not too much. gr8 fun, but iv never remembered to do it again. i’ll add it to the list for the next LD

I’ve been flying in my ND since I was a kid and it is always the same for me like scuba diving. I control my height by the amount of air in my lungs. If I have alot of air I go higher, less air I go lower. Holding my breath at any certain level I pick up speed going in which ever direction I am headed. It works the same in my LD’s.

Telekinesis, I just hold out my arms and lift myself of the ground. I haven’t done it that much though so I couldn’t really say if I’m capable of attaining great heights or speeds.

For me the most effective way is to feel like you can fly. imagine rockest shooting from under your feet and zoom into the air! Once your high enough you can steer better by spreading out your arms and gliding like a bird :smile:

I finally got to try it in a LD outdoors. It works fine for me. I was a little afraid to fall off, but once I got some speed, it was cool. I just have to think, feel and live like Harry Potter.

Every time I become lucid and attempt to fly, I instead shoot straight up in the air and have absolutely no control as I watch the entire dream scape disappear beneath me. Instead of lightly lifting off the ground, I feel like I just got shot out of a cannon. Right after, I wake up.

Any ideas on how I could give myself a little more control while flying in my dreams?

merged into existing flying topic in Adventures

These suggestions just might help :smile:

Try imagining a crane slowly pulling you up. When you are on a suitable altitude, let go?
Try saying: “Flying control all green/stable/good/whatever you feel well with :smile:

when you are rising uncontrollably high in air, try thinking of moving down, it worked for me. or fly fast and fly very high, it may create an obe. i read about it in ld4all guide

Flying can be tricky but once I get some speed it becomes very easy.
Jump with the help of power-boost (superman like system) gets me some unbelievable speeds and after that I let myself fall abit for speeds and use it to control my flight. -This is on of the easiest way.

Run in the middle of the air - not so comfortable gets you little speed.

Dolphin swim - works fine but not as fast as superman

I fly mostly by using imagination, its really good after you get few reference experiences.

i have a cool idea, next time your lucid, and instead of transforming into and animal, imagine yourself with wings! customize the wings like angelwings, dragonwings, birdwings,also kinda like “celestial wings”, like floating pieces of metal…not sure how to explain it except the angel on the cover of the game P.R.E.Y. she has peices of metal in the shapes of wings that kind of stay in place while shes standing, thier kinda sharp and float in midair :eek: and then imagin yourself with wings like that, and see if it works! sounds like a really cool idea, but im a noobie, and im still trying to remember full-legnth dreams, so i cant try it out :neutral:

1 Like

ive found, through the forums, that when somebody flies wayyyyyyyyyy to high, that they “fall” awake! they fly to high, feel something like being slammed into the ground, then wake up.(ive heard that the being slammed into the ground feeling is your astral body being jerked into your normal self.)so a tip to all flyers! NEVER fly too high into the air, unless your willing to be woken up from an LD (i know i wouldnt try it)so if you like to fly high,make sure you can see the buildings pretty well, and if your scared of hights, make sure your in a dream by using an RC or two, then use a flying technique to fly high, since your in a dream, no need to fear hights, becouse if you fall, youll just wake up :grin:(i may be a noob, but i know alot about LD’s :eek: )

1 Like

if you find your LD fading, rub your hands together, grab a person, or an object, such as that mirror you conjured up! no reason to leave a great place when you could stay longer! :grin:

1 Like

One of my favorite times that I have flown in a dream was in a non-lucid dream a few weeks ago. Earlier that day (IRL), I had been at my friends house, and we made a little fan by taking one of those tiny motors out of a roomba and attaching a piece of wood to it. Then when I dreamt that night, I had the fan in my hand, and if I turned it on, it would lift me into the air. Then I could just point the fan in whatever direction I wanted to go. I flew over a lake, but then I ran into power lines… :cry: . It was a really awesome dream though.

1 Like

I have tried the swimming technique when i was just learning to fly. Lately, while in bed, if my hand or arm is dangling on the side of the bed, i let my spirit hand (i don’t know how to call it) just starts swaying out of my physical hand and i sway it more until i am able to float around my room. I feel liberated out of my body. Then i decide to go out the window. It depends on my will. Sometimes it’s hard getting through the screen or grills of my window. Sometimes i just go through and fly way so high. AHHH! It feels great!

1 Like

One time I tried to spriing up and jump to start flying, but it seemed there were gravity limitations in my dream (and I was lucid). I jumped and fell right on my chest. What;s strange is that I actually physically felt it in the dream!
Sometimes, though i can’t remember the dream, i jump up high, and feel myself land- it hurts sometimes.

And something knew- how about getting on a motorbike to start your flight simulation?

1 Like

Every tried being spiderman in your dreams as a means to flying? Really, it would just be ‘falling with style’

well, last night i flied with a broomstick. Like a witch or Harry potter. It was really fun, just sit on it and let the broomstick do the work. :tongue:

I have a great idea for flying. I think we all know the movie “the Matrix”? Well, you see Neo jumping sometimes really high. If you try that, and at the highest point, spread your arms and fly, fly, fly! :grin: Sorry if someone already said this. :wink:

1 Like