The BIG Vitamin B Topic - Part II

Vitamin B-6 is usually best to help dream recall, and in some cases increase lucidity…
Valerian Root increases vividness and sometimes lucidity
and Melatonin usually increases lucidity and helps you stay asleep

a combo of these three are very good if you are looking to enhance your dreams… Personally I would not recommend using it for all lucid dreaming, possibly only for at first acheiving it or for special occasions… somebody once told me about the use of substances or enhancers to enhance experiences of spiritual or any other metaphysical forms, should be kept away from to an extent… for if you overuse a psychedelic for example, to attain a high level of meditative state, then your chances of attaining a high state without the substances is very low… whereas if you are able to attain that state without the substances, then imagine what you could do then with them.

DONT ABUSE YOUR LUCIDITY ENHANCEMENTS

I just eat 2 or 3 bananas every night, 30min before I go to bed. It seems to boost dream recall for me to be about 3x more vivid!

I tried B-6 for the first time last night, after reading about it. And let me tell you, for one who remembers many dreams each night, NOTHING can compare to the insanity I experienced. It was the first time I have dreamed of space and planets. The earth was coming too close to the sun, and we had to abandon it for a small moon, and start life over. It wa perhaps the longest dream I have ever had, and so vivid. Not an LD, but just as moving.

Now I do know that many say they don’t dream, and some believe it can be linked to B intake, but who knows? All I know it the following recipe changed my life in the dream world;

1. 225 Mg Kavalactones (3 kava kava extract pills) :grin:
  2. 2 valerian/hops/skullcap pills (called “muscle relax”) :content:
  3. 100 mg vitamin B-6 :eek:

I have been taking the first two for a few weeks, and had vivid dream recall every night. EVERY night…but after adding B-6 to the mix, I must say, things have taken a new turn…

I do recommend kava kava, as it alone can help immensely. Just get high quality stuff (extract) as the other crap is worthless.

Good dreaming!

(Note; some people report nightmares after B-6 intake. I have to say, it wasnt the happiest dream. Kinda scary…but very vivid!)

Interresting stuff :huh:
naturalnews.com/025606.html

Well I am going to take 200mg of a variety of vitamin Bs and i had a kind of late dinner but not really. Will this give me the same or more vivid effect of what you had?

I had a banana before bed last night and it definately produced a more vivid dream

I’ve just woke up and i din’t remembered nothing! No LD, no ND. :sad:
I’ve started using vitamin b6 pills 4 days ago, 1 pill contain 300mg of it so i’ve taken half (150mg) the first night about 1 hour before going to sleep and the morning didn’t remembered nothing after 4-5 days always remembering al least something.
Second night i’ve taken the other half so again 150mg and i remembered my dream in the morning and after WBTB but they wasn’t really long and i dind’t noticed much vividness increase. Third night i stopped taking it because 150mg per night was maybe too much a decided to take 150mg every 2 days so 75mg per day.
And guess what? I had a really vivid and long (at least for me, it wasn’t short :happy: ) dream and another one like this after WBTB, that was great! :woo:
But yesterday i’ve taken again 150mg and dind’ rembered nothing! :bored:

It seems everytime i’ve used b6 i had really bad dream recall: no dream or short dream as you can see.
What’s wrong? Did someone had a similiar affect with b6? :help:

I hope i will al least recall a ND now that i’m going back to sleep!

EDIT: Dind’t recall anything. During the day i remembered something but just some images. The day after i didn’t use b6 anymore and had 3 dreams (never remembered 3 dream until now) and one was so vivid that i think i could became lucid!

I think i will stop using b6 until i find out why it isn’t working for me. Maybe i should use it after 5-6 hours of sleep like did OneMoment? :help:

I ordered the “Brilliant Dreams” capsules a while back . They have 50mg of vitamin B (as calcium pantothenate). For me, they almost always create very long dreams that are easy to remember. However, I more recently bought the 8 hour CD “add-on” to the Lucid Dreaming Kit by Bradley Thompson and became lucid the first night I used it. I had been trying on and off for about a month using only supplements, but it wasn’t until 2 nights ago when I first combined them that I finally became lucid - and wow!! The supplements allowed for an unbelievably long dream and the audio - not even using headphones as recommended - prompted me to become lucid with full control for over half of the dream. It was the longest lucid dream I’ve ever had - I even slipped out of sleep about 4 times and when I fell back asleep I always ended up becoming lucid again in the same dream almost right away! It went on from about 7:00am until 10:00. Just to note, I took the supplement at approx. 6:00am (I had set my alarm) after about 5-6 hours of sleep.

I just realized today that I’ve been taking a multivitamin (including many B vitamins) every day for a while without realizing it. Now that I know my multivitamin has so many helpful “dreaming vitamins”, I look back and notice a 50/50 result. Some nights I’ve remembered my dreams recently, and others I haven’t. I’m going to start taking a supplement of strictly B vitamins, along with my daily multivitamin. I’ll post results.

Messed up my dream recall, I believe I had some vivid dream but I can’t recall the slightest thing sadly.

Last night I took 100 mg B6 and 500 mcg B12 around 30 minutes before falling asleep. I woke up naturally around 3 hours after falling asleep to crazy visualizations and half dreams and I could not fall back asleep. I kept having scenes play through my head like a broken record.

Was this caused by the vitamins? and if so, how can i try to make it until 6 hours after sleep when I actually want to get up and do MILD?

PS. I’ve used B vitamins many times before and this has happened only a handfull of times while using the vitamins. Also, I’ve had this happen on some nights after I’ve had a lot of sleep (10+ hours) and try to go to bed too early the next day.

Thanks!

About a week ago, I discovered a cabinet in my house full of supplements containing B6, 5-HTP, multivitamins, several herbs in pill form, fish oil with omega-3, and many other supplements. I remembered reading somewhere that diet affects dream vividness and I just found an entire cabinet of supplements. I took the multivitamin pill which had 50mg of B-6 and countless other vitamins and minerals, I took a 2, 5-HTP pills which does something with melotonin levels and also had 10mg of B-6. I took a B-50 complex pill which had 50mg of B-6 and many other B vitamins. Some herbs I took were Pau d’arco, Milk Thistle, Kava kava extract and some other things i cant remember. Overall, the pills consisted of 120mg of B-6 and a bunch of other things. I took all of these with a glass of chocolate milk. That night, I went to sleep, and had an EXTREMELY VIVID NIGHTMARE! Then i started taking the pills each night, but there were no effects besides the fact that I didnt remember my dreams anymore. From reading all of the replies here, I have come to a broad conclusion that eventually the body is immune to large amounts of B-6, resulting in no side effects. People who took bananas before going to bed, which had like 0.8mg of B-6 in it reported having vivid dreams. For the next ferw days, I am still going to experiment with large amounts of B-6, (100-120mg) and examine the results. Then I will wait a week and experiment with low doses of B-6 and examine the results.

What can you eat or drink that has a lot of vitamin b in it?

either a V-8, or vitamin water

Hey i want to try this B6 thing but on the bottle of the 100mg tablets it says consult doctor before using and it also says not intended for people under 18

I am 16 would it still be okay for me to take one? I dont know if this is relevant, but i am pretty big ( not fat just 6 4’ ) also would this vitamin help in trying a WILD

Vitamin b6 shouldn’t be taken too much as it can cause nerve damage. I saw once how much was the “limit”, but I don’t remember… 100 or 120 or 150mg, something like that… Just don’t take it without some research :wink:

I just purchased some b6 vitamins to test out their effects on dream vividness and recall. When I got home, I noticed that they were “Time Release”.
Apparently instead of giving you all the b6 in one shot, it gives you it over time.

Now, should I take this a certain amount of hours before I go to bed to make sure all the mgs of b6 are in my system before I nod off? Should I just take it before bed and hope that all the b6 is in me before I go into REM sleep? I just want to make sure I didn’t waste money on these pills :cry:

I’ve never taken any kind of pills for dreaming so i don’t know but I am interested in finding out if they are as effective as people say they are.

Personally I take them when going to bed, although mine dont have a time release afaik. I’m not a strong believer it’s very effective, but I take one once in a while as a lucid dream ’ placebo’ when I’m on a dry spell to clearly show my subconscious my intentions to lucid dream that night.

I just picked up some 100mg b6 from the store and cannot wait to try it tonight :grin: !!!
Im hoping they’ll increase the vividness of my dreams and maybe even a lucid :woo: