Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part V

Wow, That sounds like an amazing idea! I’ll start one right away. :3

Thank you Wolven: You’re creditted for one of the best thread-helps for CALD :3

https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-cald-dream-journal/30389/1

I was originally going to fill this space with an over-the-top, spazfest about meeting other people who have the same ideas independently of each other, but when I do drama, I tend to go overboard, so I’m keeping my elation under control for now :razz:

ANYWAY, I’ve been working with characters like this for an ungodly number of years now, and always wondered if anyone else did things the same way (But been too worried about other people’s reactions to me deliberately creating voices in my head to actually up and ask anyone) So this feels like a massive weight off my shoulders. I’m sort of in love with all of you right now :happy: (In a purely platonic way of course)

ANYWAY2, I’ve got a handful of characters that I regularly talk to, different reasons for each, but only a couple of them have been spotted in dreams. We have see: Pesky Independent Thoughtforms…, and see: WILD is a Pain in the Arse in my online dream journal. One or two others appeared in dreams I haven’t recorded here on LD4all, but you get the idea.

You’ll notice my use of the term ‘Independent Thoughtform’ in those excerpts. All that really means is ‘A recurring DC with a distinctive personality’. All but one of them (Maridadi) are characters I’ve developed using essentially the same process you’ve been working with here.

I don’t want to ramble on, but I also don’t want to leave this post without mentioning some of the characters I referenced above, in order of appearance.

Lairuna: As mentioned in the excerpt, she’s one of my early characters, and she’s gone through a LOT of changes since her introduction to my subconscious. Most of them unintentional. She thinks the idea of me in an erotic situation is hilarious, and tries to force them on me on the few occasions I see her in a dream. Never appears in the same form twice.

Kimor: I absolutely love Kimor. (In a purely platonic way of course 2) She acts like a key to a library of information that my subconscious guards jealously from me, not to mention she makes good conversation. I’m the sort of person that always asks questions, so it’s nice talking to a character that’s got answers. She appears as a small opaque…well sort of a head…but not a human head, like some sort of alien or odd creature or something…and then a short tail…and…maybe I should draw it or something, I’ve never tried describing her appearance in words

STOLID: Speaks bluntly and formally, but is secretly a prankster. He’s a permanent resident of the personal dreamscape I’ve been working on for the past…almost two years now. He’s sort of like a tall, bulky, anthropomorphic circuit board.

Maridadi: The one ‘Independent Thoughtform’ that wasn’t a result of lots of hard work on my part, she first appeared in a dream I had seven years ago and never left my head. I’ve only seen her in one other dream, but we talk often in waking life. She’s a ferret with an intense survivalist mentality, believing we should all just ditch society and technology and just live off the land “like nature intended”. Her current angsting is toward ice trays. (The idea of ‘sparring’ with a ferret I mentioned in the reference may sound odd, but I’d learned a lot about dreams and lucidity since the first dream I saw her in, in which She basically beat me to a pulp! XD I wanted to see if I’d improved enough to handle her )

There are some others, but these four are the only ones mentioned in the Dream Journal references so I’ll stop here for now.

ANYWAY3, I need to mention again how awesome this feels, about to talk to people who work with characters the same way. Thanks for…well I dunno, thanks for existing for starters.

:ok: It’s nice to meet another of us. I think that all of us say just about the same thing though when we first get here, and whether or not we become inactive on the forums, it’s nice to just know that there are others out there like us, isn’t it?

That being said, what’s your dreamscape like?

EDIT: -=GACK! Mye links are broken, hold on…=-
EDIT2: -=Nope…as usual I fail at linking to anchors. I’ll just edit the link names to point you in the right direction=-

It is, definitely.

So far the dreamscape has three distinct areas. On the surface, it’s an old run down theatre building in the middle of a desert. (Inspired by see: Internal Conflict ) The big double doors open into a sort of vacuum space with a sphere orbited by two oblong platforms each on a different axis. The y-axis platform carries portals (doors, windows, portcullises, ect.) to other random dreamscapes, while the x-axis platform carries portals to areas important in some way to me, such as the bridge I first met Maridadi by and the see: The Lost LD .
The sphere is sort of just there for now, but I plan on having it have some purpose sometime.

I’ve been there about three or four times now, and I always love it, even though it’s really simple

That’s pretty cool. Mine is an island, covered by a dead forest, in the middle of an ocean. It’s pretty plain, and when I say dead, I mean other than my characters nothing there is alive. There is a house that Crystal (my closest character) and I built there though, and another house that a traveler or an independent built there. Both of the houses are pretty large, and even still it is just below the point where we’re deciding when to add on to the house to make more room for people to be because of how many people there are crowding the house. XD

I can only imagine the view, that sounds great!
Also I’d rather not imagine how crowded that place must be. thankfully, most of my characters have their own world to live in, there are only two permanent residents in my dreamscape and they tend to keep themselves occupied with their own business

Yeah, well, Crystal tends to have a good heart and take in a lot of Stranded DCs, so we have a big ‘family’ that hangs around the forest.

Sounds like both a lot of stress and a lot of fun C:
I’m better with smaller groups. Half a dozen people is about as crowded as I can take without getting lost in a sea of unrelated conversations, hahaha.

Sort of makes me think of one of my other old characters, Myelin. He’d be best described as a compulsive altruist.

It just occurred to me that I’ve never talked about this in such detail with anyone before. I’m grinning like a fool over here!

You miss a lot by not having anyone to talk to about it where you live. I got my brother into the CALD stuff and we’re constantly hanging out with them. Between the two of us we must have at least thirty characters. What’s sad though is when some of them slip under your radar and you forget about them. It’s almost like you killed them because you just let them slip into the night.

Ha! Don’t I know it. People here are…well I’m not in a particularly upscale area if you know what I mean. Survival is the predominant mindset. I’m lucky enough to be able to juggle my responsibilities and my hobbies though (and have a couple well-off relatives over east), that’s why I love talking (so to speak) to people here. There’s a whole lot more open-mindedness.

I’ve lost characters here and there, I know what you mean…One of them came back pretty angry, though that might have been completely unrelated. For all I know he’d be just as hateful toward people even if I’d spoken with him every day. It’s eerie how real they can appear sometimes.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Back in the forest, whenever someone comes back that I’ve lost, they’re kinda gasping for attention in the same way someone who almost drowned would be gasping for air. I asked one of the more solitary characters if she was alright when she came back, and she said, “oh, yeah, I just fell into the couch in your living room and got lost for a year. I wish someone had pulled me out though.” So now I refer to characters that have disappeared as being lost in couch.

Yay Phi! It’s definately a very greatx 1000 feeling to know your not the only one talking to other forms in the mind! XD
Seriously, I don’t know what I can do without my two main guardians, Thunzar Ricardo Von Athemis and Desmond <33 Love them to bits XD
Their ALWAYS there for me… {as seen in my few previous posts about them} especially the dream where they spoke to me in order to calm me down during a nightmare <33 ahh… okay I got to stop here hyper
Seriously, I can go forever about them because there’s so much to say lol XD I bet everyone here feels the same way as I do too~ having characters are fun and I somehow treat, us, this small group of people trying C.A.L.D very special XD and I mean it in a very good way~ <33 Go go guys! Our we and our characters rock!

-ending this in a very hyper note<33

Oh my! Welcome Phi! I’m glad you take relief from CALD :happy:
I hope for all of us to make great progress and take joy from our coming days of interactions with our Chars :3
It sounds like your characters are quite interesting! Thanks for updating us! :happy:

Any interesting Characters interactions lately?

Wait, so there are characters of your mind who have distinct personalities that you can actually talk to and interact with. :confused:

yes. you create them and then talk to them. it may take a while to get a response, but yes. :slight_smile:

mine are Bobby [“What? Why are you bothering me?”], Jack [“Hi, there! Are you interested in CALD?”], and End [“Um, hi. …”].

Yeah, it kind of runs on the principle that if you can have a DC inside of a dream, why can’t you have one outside of a dream? It’s the same thing, except with CALD you have “dream characters” outside of your dreams to interact with. You can use them to help you with lucidity, help you study, or whatever.

Thanks for your kindness and good wishes!

I had a long talk just earlier this evening, actually. I ride the regional buses wherever I need to go, and today I needed to commute a bit, so on my way between towns I took out a pencil and a big notepad and waited for a response.
The noises on the street can distract me enough to make it hard for me to distinguish my words from theirs if I do it all in my head, and I couldn’t talk out loud on a public bus, so the written response way was ideal at the time. Maridadi was the one who came up.

ALSO, it’s pretty long. this took place throughout about twenty minutes. Hectic scribbling took up most of that time but it’s still sort of long

[spoiler]M: Don’t you have anything better to do?

P: Not particularly…at least nothing I can do on the bus.

M:I can think of about five good reasons you’re BS-ing me right now.

P: Maybe so, but-

M: Not maybe, definitely. You’re a chronic procrastinator.

P: Can’t argue with that last bit, but anything more complex than this and my writing would be barely legible.

M: Barely is the key word there. You ought to be taking notes on L’s project or brainstorming your physio. assignment, since we both know you won’t do it once you get back home.

P: (I was silent for a second. She was pretty much cornered me with that one)

M: See? You know you can’t argue with me. Put down this page and whip out something productive instead.

P: You’re sort of making me feel bad.

M: Good. Maybe that guilt will kick you into gear.

P: Maybe you’ve got some suggestions?

M: That’s not what I had in mind. At all. But it’s better than nothing, which is what I’d expect you to deliver.

P: For physics then. I know you’re more of an anatomy buff, but you’ve got something up your sleeve, I can tell.

M: Alright. First off, your partners are idiots.

P: The’re friends of mine, and they’re no les skilled than me in that subject.

M: They’ve got their heads in the clouds.

P: And I don’t? I’m the one giggling like a pre-teen at a miley cyrus concert over superposition of waves

M: You’re not the one who suggested “The Physics of Playing Video Games” as your project subject.

P: I don’t really see anything wrong with that Idea.

M: Yes you do! You wanted to research superconductivity or quantum electrodynamics, not how much force it takes to press buttons on an Xbox controller!

P: It’ll be original though, won’t it?

M: Like hell it will. And on top of that it’ll be boring. I say ditch 'em and start googling Strange Matter instead.

P: I use dogpile…

M: Since when?

P: Since eighth grade.

M: That’s beside the point. And stop defending your classmates, you and I both know they annoy the hell out of you.

P: Only while I have to pretend to know what “You’ve startled the witch!” means.

M: My point still stands strong.

P: Only while my desire to rebut sits still.

M: Don’t try to confuse me with metaphors, I can see through you like glass.

P: For someone who hates the abstract, you sure use a lot of simile

M: You’re changing the subject again. What happened to wanting my opinion?

P: You’re suggesting that I work solo on a major physics project and hurt my friends in the process. You know me better than that, I’m okay with a boring project as long as-

M: You’re not okay with it, you’re just going to settle for less than you’d prefer. A lot less. Don’t think I didn’t notice you window shopping for crucibles and yttrium online.

P: I wasn’t seriously considering casting a YBCO superconductor in the middle of a 2nd story flat!

M: But you were! You’ve always wanted to! You’ve even looked into prices on liquid nitrogen and finding research papers on flux pinning!

P: (another pause. She had me beat again.)

M: So what’s holding you back? Other than your classmates I mean.

P: Funds, free time, and safety regulations for starters.

M: Metalworking shops are notorious for wildly varying prices between distributors, and you’ve got plenty of free time as long as you keep your feet on the ground.

P: And the liquid nitrogen?

M: (Her turn to pause uncertainly. Not a reaction I often get from her)

P: Besides, superconductors are ceramic, not metal.

M: The tools involved are identical, and the fact that you’re thinking about this so seriously just proves my point. You want this.

P: But I can’t. Being optimistic is fine, but you’re not thinking clearly about this. There are a hundred things that could go wrong with the casting alone and where would I get my hands on a rare earth magnet for a flux pinning demonstration?

M: Way to put your foot in your mouth, you’re only driving the point home with all that technical talk.

P: How about you talk to me about the Physio. project instead?

M: Why, so you can argue with me about my ideas on that too?

P: That’s not what I mean

M: There’s nothing to talk about. That project’s supposed to be stupid fun.

P: I’m no good with stupid fun.

M: Neither am I. Who do you think you’re talking to…Myelin?

P: I guess you’re right about that.

M: No, you know I’m right about it. Close up this notebook and brainstorm. Get RANDOM or Myelin to help you out.

P: Alright. That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

M: Just hop to it already.[/spoiler]

-=-
I learned later that the whole thing was an elaborate distraction that Myelin set up to keep me from falling asleep on the bus (motor vehicles knock me out fast.) Since I’ve been having even more trouble than usual sleeping at night.
Like I said, he’s ever the compulsive altruist.

Creating characters to talk to in waking life… this is a first lol. AS you know its possible to probe your dream for future events; if these characters were created in the dream,and are now in waking life, cant they retrieve information relating to future events? And also, you dont find any instability in creating these characters? That maybe you could be setting a stage for a future split personality disorder(Of course such a disorder is to the extreme, in which you are taken over for a brief period buy your “alter ego”)? I’d be curious to ask such distinct characters a few questions, actually, a bunch of questions… future events, If they are dangerous to my health, I would ask them to give me answers for a test just to see the extent to which they are buried within my mind; how deep are they within the mind.(maybe able to retrieve unconscious information). If anyone wants to try anything i suggested or has, let me know what the outcome is or was.

Well, some know, I’d be willing to bet, but usually the ones who do know aren’t going o tell you, and most of them don’t know about the future. I have had them warn me about things before, and help me chase off some people that I really didn’t need to be around and I couldn’t get to leave me alone, but I’d say it’s unwise to approach them (or anything) as a means to an end such as that. They are intelligent and they probably won’t like that.

As for taking over the body fully, I’ve experimented with that, but I’ve never achieved a full swap. I’m always able to stop and take back over whenever I feel like it.

—Arent these characters you? If you asked them for some future event, and it came true, then that proves that humans have the ability to scan into the future and such things as that. These characters are in the deeper realm of imagination and thought, but they are not independent beings, they are aspects of the persons mind and its creation. And to avoid angering one of your characters, cant you create a character that has a role for one thing only, such a character who was designated a strength in helping you focus. Why not create one that specializes in telling future events?