Entering a book

Lately I’ve been trying to enter a book I’m reading (The Last Olympian). But I can’t seem to create the whole universe with all the characters and junk. Any tips? Have you ever entered a book?

Never really entered a book, but my dreams can resemble very much one or another computer game at times = )

I can’t really give you any tip, but I’ll try: spend as much of your waking free time concentrating on the book - read (or write!) it’s page on Wikipedia, read about the author, find some fansite or community in which you can participate (actively or passively), reread chapters, try to remember plot details and decisions, etc…

And I believe it could help if you had a clear intention before going to sleep - let’s say "I want to dream about scene Y’! or “I want to speak about character B!”.

I had an ND once about moving through a toy store with the characters Dream, Delerium, and Destruction from Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. Like Tukkek, though, it happens more frequently for me with video game characters. It must help that much more if the original medium is visual… so, actually, I’d recommend looking up some fanart, illustrations, even drawing them yourself or storing googled images that are closest to how you imagine the characters and setting to be, or active visualization.

The witches from His Dark Materials came to my rescue in an FLD of mine, once. This was before the movie, so Serafina Pekkala looked exactly as I imagined her-- with straight Malfoy-white hair, ragged black silk dress, and a cloud pine. Ruta Skadi looked like how I once drew her, but far more realistic-- black leather corset, ragged black silk skirt, gold armlet, and Doc Martens. Their wanting to play ping-pong afterwards was a bit of a surprise, though, and there was burlap in my Persona 3 Velvet Room, so I don’t expect exactness anymore.

read the book late at night.
really put your mind into it. you know. heavy visualizations. and ‘hear’ the voices and such.
then when you get really tired. try to sleep. but keep your mind completely blank.

this technique as worked for numerous things for me. good luck!

This sounds so cool!
*another one for my lucid wishlist :grin: *