how did you learn about lucid dreaming?

basically how did you find out about lding, are you natural or did a friend tell you. did you get bored one day and google it?
i learned about it because i was going around asking my famil if they would rather have a button that let them fal asleep instintaniously or if they would want something to control there dreams. most of them said the automatic sleeping thing. i thought about how awsome it would be to control dreams, then i googled it and found out that its totally possible, hence i found this site. (since when do i say hence?? who says hence??) :confused:

I discovered it through a friend on a different forum.

I found a topic in another forum based on gaming.
It was called ‘‘lucidni snovi’’ or lucid dreams.
Then someone gave me the link of this site

I learned about it via ld4all. A user from TheGamingUniverse had the link for ld4all in his/her signature.

I was searching something with google.
I dont remember what i was looking for but somehow the first result was a Yahoo Answers page where someone asked: “Can dreams be controlled?”
I am a really curious person and immediately opened that page and discovered about LD’s! :content:

I couldn’t believe it, i never thought that dreams can be controlled.
I said: That’s awesome i must try it! :tongue:

i was always interested in dreams. whenever i find time i used to rad dream theories like freudian theory, activation synthesis theory and one day i came to know about lucid dreaming.long ago, i saw the meaning for the word lucid dreaming in dictionary, but i thought LDs occur accidentally and did not that it is a skill that can be learnt

I fell asleep and it seemed more real than when I was awake…

:content: I have always been interested in dreams and knew of LD’s through books but never payed much attention I guess because I didn’t really think it was possible or it seemed to hard. I have always had really good dream recall.
:grouphug: I was talking to some friends at the beach a few months ago and I said I have had dreams that I knew I was dreaming usually when I was flying (they were extremely Low level because I didn’t know I could control them). My friend had read about LDing and said next time I have a dream like that to look at my hands. Just happened that the next night I had a dream where I was flying and I because Lucid and remembered what my friend had said and looked at my hands. After that I was hooked and started looking it up online and came across this site.

When I was in jr high/high school, I would spend my afternoons at the library mentally devouring any book that looked interesting. Somewhere in that flurry of reading was a book… I don’t even remember what it was called or what the main plotline was, but there was a secondary character-- the main character’s friend, I think, who practiced lucid dreaming and reality checks and so on. I was curious and further research led me to find Steven LaBerge’s works, and… it just went from there.

I really wish I could find that book again though.

Step by step in every single variable that could have drastically went somewhere else had one thing not happened and it goes like this: [spoiler]
1: become a fan of pokemon at a young age
2: See episode 243, gain interest in transformation
3: Deduct that dreams are illogical and I could likely self change them
4: Succeed in transformation twice, not lucid, still fun
5: Dream something where I could not feel my left thumb
6: Use google to learn about LD’s when that feeling intrigued me more
[/spoiler]

But in short it was just googling how to control your dreams :tongue:

sorry for going offtopic, but thats a dialougue from the movie matrix reloaded.

I got into lucid dreaming through OBE/astral projection. I found this forum via a Google search for “lucid dreaming” :smile:

Where have I heard that before? :hmmm:

belladona wrote

scroll up and refer to my previous post

I’m just fascinated with dreams. I was looking at an article about dreams on Wikipedia when I stumbled across an article about lucid dreams. I have always been a natural on lucid dreams, but I did not know I could control them.
Lucid dreams, for me, seem WAAAY more real than my waking life. When I become lucid, the reality and the vividness of the dream is just stunning.

I’d always thought my Dreams were interesting. Somewhere along the way, when my brother was taking a High School Psychology class, he mentioned Lucid Dreaming. I did some searching, but didn’t get into it much(only found the site to the institute, not much else). A while later, I searched about Lucid Dreaming again, and found this site. Since, I’ve had 1 true lucid dream, but I woke up when I tried to fly, because I wasn’t that lucid, and rather scared I was going to fall and die.