What Book Are You Reading? - Part VII

I finished The Metamorphosis last night. What a surreal, yet strangely realistic, story.

Just picked up Lucid Dreams in 30 Days from the library the other day. Anyone here familiar with it?

Darn.
Postpone And Then There Were Done (AKA 10 little indians)

I’m reading The Alchemyst… by… er, I don’t know.

Paulo Coelho. Why does everyone but his own nation dig this book?

The Field by Lynne McTaggart

Dracula by Stoker.

Magicians Apprentice by Trudy Canavan

i dont read by ralph walser

By Allen Ginsberg, The Book of Martyrdom and Artifice: First Journals and Poems, 1937-1952.

A wonderful read so far. Well, no, haha, I need to stop describing things as wonderful and fantastic and awesome.

Parts of it remind me of my own journal that I kept at a younger age, but those parts come and go in waves – he changes his writing style and focus as he grows up from age 11 to 16 to 19 to 22. I’m only on page 35, FYI, but I feel sort of connected to Mr. Ginsberg already. I also feel as thought I was more “connected” to his 14 year-old self more so than his ~16 year-old self. What that says about me I don’t know, but yeah, I’m enjoying my introduction to his thoughts.

also reading (with less focus) Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley

Just finished Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, starting Native Son by Richard Wright

Since my last post seems to have been deleted … (i think …)
Finished The Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson 10/10
Reading
Priestess Of the White By Trudi Canavan =Five stars and getting better : * * * * *
Count Zero By William Gibson = Unsure
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick = We will seeee…

Starting with The Magicians Apprentice By Trudi Canavan today

now im reading sacrifice to sacrificed by uhhhhh hold on lemme check

Doing a research for scholarship on secret societies, as part of my preliminary work towards my graduation thesis (“The Devil in International Relations”). Figured I’d read the actual corpus of secret and occult stuff during holidays. Through with Lesser and Greater keys of Solomon, as well as most commentary on the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn along with its subsequent twists (the AA and Crowley’s OTO). Now reading:

Liber Null, by Pete Carroll;
Oven-Ready Chaos, by Phil Hine;
Aspescts of Evocation, ditto;
Ritual Magic Workbook, by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki;
The Voudon Gnostic Workbook, by Michael Bertiaux.

Also, because I have a sense of humour, I’m taking the opportunity to reread Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Betrayed- PC and Kristin Cast (2nd book in the House of Night series)

Absolutely love the HON series, this book is AMAZING :happy:

?
This makes no sense to me.Well, I read all the Harry Potter books twice.

OT: Dune.

Maybe Bruno’s saying that the Wizards in Harry Potter could count as a secret society, and by reading Harry Potter he’s doing research :tongue: .

I’m reading Duma Key by Stephen King

That’s alright; takes a daft mind to appreciate my sense of humour it would seem (Bruno winks at Moogle). But really. When you read books like “The Voudon Gnostic Workbook” and, bloody hell!, “Aspects of Evocation”… Gives an edge of authenticity to Harry Potter, if you see what I mean, if anything in a humorous way. (Although I’m learning to prove how Harry Potter doesn’t work in theory in the process of learning about schools of mysteries).

Simply because I’ve reached a point in my life where I can read these textbooks there, teaching me the theory and practise of magic(k) (and don’t get me started on the k), and honestly say I’m doing academic research. Haha. I feel like a genuine Slytherin, playing around with my mock voudon fetishes, trying to make sense of the workbook.

Ugh, I haven’t even read The Alchemyst. In fact, I had read Misery by Stephen King instead.

Not-read books XD:
The Alchemyst
And Then There Were None

Read books:
Alex Rider series
Percy Jackson series
Nightmares and Dreamscapes (partially)
Misery
The 39 Clues(too childish…)

Reading/to-read:
a Criss Angel book…

Any recommendations? :tongue:

Read the Dark Tower series, by Stephen King. I am about to start book 3, The Wastelands.

I’m reading Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. He’s a great author, I think.

“The Princess Bride” the abridged version by William Goldmann
orginal author S. Morgenstern