Waiting for WILD

This problem only occured this summer. When i wake up to WILD, at about 5-6:30, i can’t seem to fall asleep. I lay there for about 20 minutes without any change in sleepiness. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to get some some sort of results. I give up and go to sleep. What may be going wrong here? I put up a sheet over my window to block out most of the light but some still gets through. I will try to block out all of the light and see what happens. Does it usually take over 20 min for you guys?

I don’t think I got it. 20 minutes to complete the WILD process or 20 minutes to start feeling numbness?
You should go to sleep earlier because I wake up at 4:00 and don’t seem to have a problem with WILD (excepting that it takes me into OBEs rather than dreams). If it doesn’t work like that, there is another workaround that I used twice until now. If you cannot fall asleep it means that you are too “fresh” to feel tired, so you may spend an entire night without sleeping at all. If you can do it, you will temporary fix the problem.

What i meant was, lately it takes 20 minutes to feel vibrations, numbness, etc… I go to bed at 11:30. I try not to take too much time writing down my dreams. It’s wierd. In the school year, i hadto sit up and wait to clear my head so i didn’t fall asleep too fast. Now during the summer, it’s the opposite.

It varies, I haven’t been the most successful at WILD, due to a lack of attempts, but on some attempts I’ve been awake for 3-4 hours. On the occasions where I have been successful, WILD was almost instant. Furthermore, I was most successful when I wasn’t trying to hard.