Not really getting anywhere with LDing- any suggestions?

Hiya
well I’ve been here for a while now and would like to try and boost my LD count (its only 3 so far) but I haven’t really been getting anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions about what could help? for example techniques WBTB is going to be difficult because I share a room with my brother so I can’t set an alarm…

Sure.

There are plenty of other techniques.

I suggest you do RCs during the day, and then, when you go to sleep, do WILD or MILD.

Like WBTB is the only method that exists.You can also do FILD, or get a spontaneous LD if you think about LDing much.

hmm its difficult because I’ve tried both MILD and WILD before and not had much success but I’ll try them both again for a bit and see what happens

Use RC and a lot of them positive thinking and always always see yourself being lucid, ie you are in bed ready to sleep, close your eyes and pretend you are lucid, what would you do how would it feel, really feel it, the more you have the more they will come.

Positive thinking and confidence are key.

R

You dont need to set the alarm to perform WBTB, just do it after 6 hrs of sleep, set your mind to do it at certain time, if you sleep in at midnight, then you might wake up around 6 o’clock.

If you have problems with an alarm, you could just use auto suggestion, it works perfectly for some people, so when your about to go to sleep, tell yourself, ‘‘I willl wake up at …’’ and whatever time you want, and concentrate and that, keep repeating it, make sure its the last thought on your mind when you fall asleep, and most importantly, you have to really MEAN it, or it might not work.

I’ve found that the internal body clock is amazingly good at waking you up when you want to wake up.

I use an alarm, but auto-suggestion will work just as well. Keep concentrating on LDing, and practice recognizing dreamsigns and doing RCs. Your count will go up as long as you think about it alot.