LD4all Quest 46 - August - Be creative!

A few weeks ago, in my last LD, I asked a boy if I could draw a portrait of him (i thought my waking life drawing skills would improve that way) and I’ve created a cool music I couldn’t remember the lyrics after I woke up. :grrr:

I think I did the Quest already :tongue:
:wave: Q
I couldn’t find paper to draw on so I painted a three on a filthy carwindow, I used a twig and called the painting: “three painted by a three in chickenshit”… that’s creative right! :mrgreen_hat:

yes, it is. Congrats :smile: Feel free to try again :grin:

I will :grin:

Arggg… How come NOW I get a dry spell?
I mean… I was on a ball… now… I mostly having ND again…
Hope I can pull out of this dry spell soon… I want to complete this quest…
(Note: My ND’s are making less and less sense…)

:smile: I just got back home after a 3 week vacation to visit my family in the states. It is so good to be home but I always miss the family when I’m away! So I had a dream last night. I wasn’t lucid but I think I did a task. I was in a class and we had to make these mazes on paper. We had to be as creative as possible in our drawings. I did a total of 7 or 8. I showed them to my teacher who looked like the kid off of the movie “I see dead people” (i forget the title of the movie). He was looking over my drawings and liked the one that looked like a bunch of Dr. Seuss characters holding hands with a maze going through them. If I have time later today I will try to draw them but I have a 9 month old little girl and some days all I can do is keep up with her. :tongue:

Moved it to this months quest that is Be Creative. Moved from LC #19
/Magnus

yay, did some Qreating :happy:
dream in my DJ here:

I paddle competitivly, and latly i’ve been dreaming about the club i paddle at a lot, that’s not realy creative, in fact its the same repetitive thing over and over again (stroke stroke stroke paddle to shore, rest sore arms, stroke stroke stroke) So i guess my odds of winning this quest are slim.

I did it! :happy:
MovieMe’s DJ

Oops, I had an LD, but the ordinary dream was so cool I went with it! :tongue:
The landscape was so beautiful too, it would have made a great painting… :dream:

I did this quest in an ND. I hated the ND, but I did do what I set out to do in a small part of it (paint a dream scene).
Here is the link to my dream journal.
[community.ld4all.com/t/dreams-from-shadow-dreamer/30924/7)

It has to be a Lucid Dream I’m afraid :neutral: Not the most pleasant ND you had their either.

Oops.
At least I set my mind to the quest, and ended up in an Art class there.
You know, one bright spot. :neutral:
Eerie though.

I did it! Very cool LD, very happy now! :grin:
Here’s the link: [community.ld4all.com/t/dreams-from-shadow-dreamer/30924/12)

that is awesome Shadow Dreamer you did both the task and the quest!! :thumbs:

Nicely done SD :happy:

Thanks! I wish I didn’t lose lucidity, though… I still don’t know what that flash was…

I’m slacking severely on my DJ, so my recall may be a bit fuzzy. However, I did the quest. :content: I’ll write what I remember here.

[spoiler]I’ll have to start with the end of the previous dream, since the transition was really cool and I was lucid from the transition.

It got REALLY foggy near the end of the dream, so I kinda randomly decided (not yet lucid) to go float in the fog and see where I ended up. I went out into the fog and closed my eyes, hoping to float. I opened my eyes after a few seconds and saw that I was still near a construction site to my right and hadn’t gone anywhere, so I closed them again, wanting to float more. I finally felt that I was floating, and I didn’t open my eyes, so I only saw darkness. I ended up seeing tiny blue dots on the black as if I’d closed my eyes and was awake, so I was afraid I’d started to wake up.

I decided to stay like I was and keep floating; I tried to start opening my left eye at one point but was afraid I was going to wake up if I did, so I continued to float, waiting until my dream body could leave my RL body. I eventually tried flying forward, and it worked. I opened my eyes and found myself at some house, and I thought, “It worked, I’m dreaming!” I forget when, but I guess I eventually landed and my mom started following me around.

I told her to go away, and I guess she did. I was in some hallway and tried to decided what to do. I remembered that I needed to do the quest to earn the wings, so I decided to try to play a saxophone, forgetting about the instrument I wanted to create. I stood in the hallway, wanting the saxophone to be in the next room when I went in. I went in the room, and the saxophone was there. Its color was mostly green and yellow similar to a tie-dye shirt I have; it may have been as if it was reflecting that color since I might’ve been wearing that shirt in my dream.

I picked it up, trying to figure out where to put my fingers. The mouthpiece looked weird, but I decided it’d be all right without me messing with it. It wasn’t working out very well since I was hearing notes by just pressing the keys and it almost felt like there were violin strings underneath my fingers, too. I gave up on the saxophone and looked for something else to do.

I found a piano and decided to improvise on it since I hadn’t seen a violin. I’ve always been bad at improvising on the piano with both hands going, so I switched to just right hand. Part of the problem had been that some of the low keys were like the edges of the paper in a closed book and were unplayable. My improvisation started in F minor, then went to some major (I forget which), then I switched it back to F minor to keep the piece consistent. I finished the piece, and there was a binder with a bunch of pages in it on the part where the music sits.

There was a piece of paper with a rectangle divided into boxes on it, and I was going to make up a puzzle or game using those boxes, but decided against it. I then went to go do some other things that I forget, but I knew that once I started to do them, it’d be hard to stay lucid and asleep. Sure enough, I woke up.[/spoiler]

So there it is. Too bad I don’t have a piano anymore… But I guess I have LDing to make up for that. :grin:

I believe I did it. I invented a new technique for flying!

[spoiler]Thursday, August 27th 2009 - 1 lucid dream!
This time I believe I have just invented a new method for flying.

Dream #1: “Flying: Success!!!” - Lucid: YES :biggrin: - Type: DILD
This is another lucid dream that I just had last night. I had this song stuck in my head all night last night and woke up with it in my head in the morning. AMAZING SONG!

Anyways, this dream was a very long one, so there are some fragments (maybe even some huge chunks) lost after waking up. In the hypnagogic imagery that I had last night, a new, creative concept was presented to me, which greatly helped flying in this dream.

In the imagery, there was a scorching hot desert with dead trees scattered all over. In the middle, there was a train track. I was standing right in front of the train track. Suddenly, a train passed by. Meanwhile, another clone of me started falling (seeming like it was downwards), passing the original me by. This new concept was created for flying: everyone has their own gravity! This inspired me to try flying again. If I come across any fragments while recalling the dream, then I will post them in the “fragments” section below, if I don’t know where they came in.

I don’t remember much before I became lucid. I’m in my bedroom, everything is dark. I check the time, which seems to be a little bit blurrier than normal. 10:03. I look back. 50:03. Again, 10:10 --> 50:10. This prompts me to become lucid.

I’m not sure where this comes in, but I believe it’s at the end of the dream. It’s outside, daytime, very vivid, but in somewhere I don’t know of. This place is symmetrical. One building encloses a circle, there’s steps leading to the main door, and fountains on each side.
Dad and I are flying in our car again (Woooohoooo!!! It’s very fun and exhilarating). The car is an old one, slightly rusted with blue paint which is starting to rip off. It’s a convertible, with its top off. High up in the night sky, through some gorgeous white clouds, I become very exhilarated. Suddenly he loses control and plummets towards the ground (inside the circle but outside the building). We just about landed hood-first, but just inches before we hit the ground I stop the car and fly out. I softly and safely land on my back, while I put the car down. After that, he thanks me and flies off, taking the car with him.
Suddenly I hear Ike (from Super Smash Bros. Brawl) yell “THUNDER!!!” I look up in the sky and all of a sudden it’s covered in grey clouds and it starts raining. I began to consider the dream’s vividness and stability, as the streetlights right beside the fountains turn on. All of a sudden, a huge lightning strike destroys the ground along with the rest of the dream world as I hear a loud clash. For a while I float around in nothing and I wake up.

Fragments:

• The dream scene was a reoccurring one. Happened in some of my semi-lucid dreams I had when I was young.
  • Dad was wearing a Superman coat, along with a red cape.
  • As I looked up towards the sky, I see a huge Transformers robot flying across the sky. It looks like a mix between Transformers and the Pokemon Zapdos.[/spoiler]

I’m going to award the wings a bit early this time, and post the new Quest a bit early as well. This means you can still earn your wings with being creative in a LD if you do it before sept 1st. (The night leading from august 31 into sept 1 also counts! (it also counts for the next Quest so you can choose :wink: )

anyhow, without further ado, I present this months Wings:

[center]

Congratulations

MovieMe
Shadow Dreamer
ZRVera
LegendaryDreamer

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

:boogie: :boogie:

Congratulations Amaryllis, lidybug and Q :tongue: for succeeding in this Quest. Invisible wings added to your profile and extra cookies for you! :grin:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time :smile:
[/center]

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest :smile: