move to a new server - 21 august

My current server host offered me a free upgrade to a new server :happy: So we will get an even faster and bigger server for the same price. The only thing is that everything needs to be moved from the old server to the new one.

This has been scheduled for august 21.

No data will be lost, and there should be no downtime. There will be a period, however, that it’s not possible to make new posts on the forum in order to preserve all data. I will probably open a little “lifeboat” section where you can post - and those posts will go poof when we have arrived on the new server. Long time members will remember this from our previous server move :smile:

I will keep you all informed as soon as I receive more info of the server hosts on when the new server is ready, the move will start, and so on.

What’s going to happen now?

Later this day (or early tomorrow) I will close off the forum, so no posts will be lost during the move. There will remain one “lifeboat” forum, where you can post, but everything in there will be lost when we have moved.

The actuall move will take place friday between 6PM CST and 9PM CST

(check what that is in your local time: here

Once everything is moved, we should be back up on the new server soon - (since the IP adress will have changed, it takes around 48 hours until the whole internet knows where to find the new LD4all )