Are you a natural? - Part I

Naw, I’m not a natual. My first dream when I really knew I was in my bed dreaming was a couple of months ago, and it only lasted like five seconds :meh: And I think that doesn’t even count as a Lucid dream.
If I ever had one as a kid, I must’ve been really young or just forgotten it. But I do, however, have (What I think) a good dream recall; now that I write in my DJ I remember three or four dreams each night, which I think is really good :smile:

I am not a natural, sure wish I was though. With hard work, dream journal, and every non-consumed aid I can think of I can sometimes pull off a LD a month… I dnow why it is so hard, maybe I just want it too badly. :content:

Only once. I do remember realizing that I was dreaming, but it was an awesome dream and I really didn’t care, or even know what was possible. :tongue:

well, i really dont remember doing that!! but i just had my first one a few days ago. :spinning:

I had a dream about flying once, but cannot pinpoint whether I was actually in a fully lucid state, or it was just blind luck. I wasn’t fully aware of the concept till about a few years ago, so I am defiantly not a natural.

I am a natural too. :cool:

I don’t :sad:

A few days ago I’ve found out that my best friend is a natural. I’ve told him that I am trying to control my dream and he said he does this all the time. Ne never read a LD forum and he knew that in his dreams he cannot read and the mirrors are non-reflecting or weird-looking. In my opinion, I think It’s better to be a non-natural, because you have to try hard, recall dreams, do RCs to finally have one small LD instead of having them when you want. He told me that he gets bored sometimes and he lets the dream flow while he is lucid.

No, I learnt it (aprox.) four years ago, but as you can see in my sig, I still got a lot to learn. :eh:

Yeah, when I was young. It was like 4th or 5th grade. I realized “Hey, I’m dreaming” and proceeded to do everything I’ve ever wanted in school (dance on tables, piss off teachers) without getting in trouble.

Yes, my dream sign still persists to this day. School. Often dreaming of returning to school. I have gained lucidity a couple times through Reality Checking.

First One:

I was in 13 years old in the 6th grade… I believe. I was in my old school and realized I had skipped a grade. I ended up registering for the 8th grade, skipping 7th altogether. I proceeded to try convince all my friends and classmates not to take the test. I can recall running up on a few, “Your dreaming?”

I can picture the outside pavilion now. All the backpacks. Me running through the crowds of kids. It was this memory I held onto when my research of Lucid Dreaming began roughly 18 months ago.

Am I natural? Dunno… I believe I was a natural, we WERE all naturals. I view Lucid Dreaming as a forgotten path. Maybe not forgotten per say, more of a pastime irrelevant to the masses.

No, I’m not a natural :sad: . I think I learned about lucid dream about 2 years ago.

But I’ve experienced a few things as a child. Like sleep paralysis. That was not so fun, I always thought it was a ghost :lol:

I had two when I was around 5 years old- became lucid when trying to escape a serial nightmare. Then none (that I can remember) for the next ten years or so, until one evening I suddenly SP’ed- freaked out- and while researching it came over LDs and realised it was an actual thing.

I’m 14 now and heard about lucid dreaming a year ago but before that don’t recall ANY dream of being lucid. I remember having some reccuring dreams and nightmares but no lucid dreams.

I just have this vague memory of a LD when i was about 10: I was clearly doing some crazy stuff ( iremember a dragon somewhere), because at some point i said “Well this is a dream anyway”, and i continued my ND normally.
I was struck by that realization at the time, but didn’t know it was possible to do it on purpose and quicky forgot about it. Ah, the foolish youth :tongue:

I wouldn’t say I’m a natural,but ill say I’ve had an ld’s as a young child. But now i just have a lot of FLD. Its frustrating :tongue:

I have been waiting for someone to ask people this question! Okay heres my story,
I have been lucid dreaming since as long as I can remember maybe 8. I remember all of my major lucid dreams from when I was little. They happened to stay in my mind and when I went to school I would tell people them. Well they were reallyy powerful ones and I had controll of everything I remember switching and changing so many things while in them.
Well last year my friend that I meant came up to me and asked me the question do you know your dreaming when you dream? And I said yes. Well she was freaking out! She then started to talk about that its called Lucid Dreaming and started to ask me all sorts of questions. I told her I thought everyone dreamt like that & thats about it. :eek:

Actually, the only reason I began to practise LD was because of one very peculiar dream I had not too long ago. I accidentally realized that I am dreaming and had a very short-lived LD. When I awoke, I recalled that I used to have LD s, even more LN s during my childhood. So I began to ponder if it wasn’t possible to induce this effect onto one self. And that’s how I came across the whole concept of LD, methods used and, of course, this great community. :wink: I remember I tried WILD the very same day I found out about LD and nearly got there :cry: now all that remains is excersise :shy:

All the nightmares I remember until now were lucid. And then they were not nightmares anymore. I’m not sure if that counts as natural, but I hadn’t heard of lucid dreaming before.

I remembered once when I was about…7 I had 6 nightmares one night, and then in one nightmare I was like …“Another nightmare?!” Hahaha. In the nightmare I woke up and everything was dark and gloomy, and a teddy bear popped out of no where, even though I knew it was a nightmare I went downstairs to tell my parents that I was having one…but then when I went downstairs all these pencils and erasers and spoons were chasing me. :sad: Then I woke up and ran downstairs to tell my parents. :rofl: